PDA

View Full Version : Instant Call or Instant Fold?

ImNotSoLucky
06-02-2005, 10:48 PM
2nd hand in to a 22 on party. Get aces in MP with 2 limpers, I raise to 85 and get 1 caller. Flop comes K 9 4 all spades, I have A of spades. And the caller scoots in front of me. If i call i have 355 left. Is this an instant call with the A of spades or an instant fold this early in the tournament to protect my chips? Am I even thinking along the right lines? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'll post the results after a few responses.

1C5
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Call!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Phill S
06-02-2005, 10:54 PM
I call his push - worst case scenario you have outs - best case scenario you dont need them.

Just thought:
[ QUOTE ]
And the caller scoots in front of me

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the same as pushing right? Scoots isnt a term ive seen before.

If you mean he just bet that, push over the top.

Phill

ImNotSoLucky
06-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Sorry - yeah scoot is the same as push. I called he turns up a set of nines - i river the 4th spade but it also pairs the board /images/graemlins/frown.gif Next hand I get AK and push pre flop for 350 get called by KQ and the guy tags a friggin queen on the flop. LOL guess it just wasn't my tournament to win.

jgunnip
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand in to a 22 on party. Get aces in MP with 2 limpers

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this much of your post.
Instand call.

Moonsugar
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I would call. Maybe not insta, just cause I don't like insta moves.

Phill S
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2nd hand in to a 22 on party. Get aces in MP with 2 limpers

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this much of your post.
Instand call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble with your sarcastic comment is that youve just said you limp along with aces 2nd hand in.

Idiot.

Phill

jgunnip
06-03-2005, 12:18 AM
HA! Ok well...The OP didn't ask what to do PF. My response was my answer to his question.

Idiot. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Turns out, the hand was a little more complex than most of the 'should I be folding a high PP' posts. SO, I will try and add a little substance. I still think you push this very quickly. If you're behind you're not behind by much. And if you're ahead, which I think you will be at least 50% of the time (just a guessimate), you are WAY ahead and villian will be drawing to five outs or less with a pair needing to trip up or pair its kicker.