PDA

View Full Version : Take a Shot or Wait for a Better Spot?

MeanGreenTT
06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
$120 buy-in for 2500 chips, 100 person tourney, final 10 get paid and a $240 seat into the main event on June 12th. Blinds start at 25/50 and move up every 15 minutes.

We're at the start of level 8, 400/800. I've just been moved to this table and we're coming back from our 1st break.

I've taken 2 bad smacks to my stack and now sit with a paltry 3100 chips after posting the BB.

An early position player limps in, the table folds around to me, with the SB giving up.

I have QT and limper has be covered by a 4-1 margin.

Push and hope for the best with minimal folding equity or play the flop, folding if I miss and push on anything during the next orbit with my remaining 3xbb?

Guelph
06-02-2005, 10:26 PM
With no read, I'd rather go with a Stop & Go instead of pushing PF here.

You might be able to get him to fold rag boards, thinking you hit a BB special.

MeanGreenTT
06-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Appreciate the feedback, anyone else?

Crispy
06-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Im gonna have to agree with the stop and go strategy. If he is calling UTG then he most likely has Q10 beat. Best thing to do would be to hope for rags and pause a moment to move all in. ALthough, if the limper has shown weakness in the past and folds to all in bets without holding premium hands then maybe that is your best option.

Kronon
06-03-2005, 10:36 AM
An early limper could be either weak or strong, and since he has you covered by a large margin I think his overall folding equity here isnt that good.

I would call the 0.5BB, and then bet if the flop hits me or if the flops contains high cards (yes). An early limper is very unlikely to hold a hand like AK or AQ, so you might as well represent a high card pair if the flop is something like KJ7. Fold to a reraise though, unless you really hit the flop hard.

Betting on a flop of rags is dangerous, since I would put him on either a low-medium pair or AA/KK, so if rags hits he could have a set, an overpair, a straigh draw, etc.

Besides, everyone expects the SB to bluff when rags hits.