PDA

View Full Version : AK flops TPTK on monotone board...

blackaces13
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

topspin
06-02-2005, 09:20 PM
... raises hoping to fold out any small clubs. I also think you still have the best hand here.

Calling and raising a non-/images/graemlins/club.gif turn is another option, but the pot is big enough that I think you really want anyone with a small /images/graemlins/club.gif to go away on the flop. (You can't do anything about the big /images/graemlins/club.gifs, but hey, that's poker.)

moot
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Raise and see what happens. Go from there.

You have to raise this, IMO. Simply calling leaves you in a mess of confusion.

Additionally, only SOMETIMES would you like someone with a small club to fold. If SB is betting something like the K of clubs then of course you would likely want anyone with a smaller single flush card to call and pad your pot since you're losing anyway if a 4th club hits.

irishpint
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
raises and tries to knock out single clubs behind you. you might be behind a flush already but thats not too likely.

moot
06-02-2005, 09:32 PM
If you can't knock out every single person with a single flush card, you probably want them all to stay.

But you don't know what people have or how they're going to react. So you pretty much need to raise or you're lost.

irishpint
06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't knock out every single person with a single flush card, you probably want them all to stay.

But you don't know what people have or how they're going to react. So you pretty much need to raise or you're lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

what i mean is obviously large clubs are staying in. but for 2 cold most likely the 7 or 8 or something wont, and that'll be a potential out you bought yourself (assuming no one else has a larger club). the other players dont know that you yourself dont have a flush/ or a club and you need to raise and judge by the action behind you- it'll be interesting.;

blackaces13
06-02-2005, 10:43 PM
How bad can that really be?

Jaran
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How bad can that really be?

[/ QUOTE ]

HUGE!!! MONSTEROUS MISTAKE!!! OMFG!

(Seriously, in the overall scheme of things, this fold is not that big a mistake IMHO)

-Jaran

blackaces13
06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
I only folded so I could post it on here and have people yell at me.

Jaran
06-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Hehe. I don't know that I make the fold, but I don't hate it (I wouldn't say that I like it, however)

-Jaran

blackaces13
06-02-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hehe. I don't know that I make the fold, but I don't hate it (I wouldn't say that I like it, however)

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as it turned out I was up against not only a flush but also an A9 so... how you like me now?

Jaran
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Heluva read, brutha. Heluva read.

-Jaran