PDA

View Full Version : An investigation about a Computer Bot

Cactus Cactus
06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Something interesting: I Play betonbet...a pokerroom skin. There are 5 players that play the high limit that I believe are bots. Finally I decided to do something and I told betonbet and pokerroom. They BOTH sent me a message saying thank you and they will do an investigation I did this about 2 weeks ago, and about a week ago after hearing nothing I sent an email to both places saying how is the investigation going. A week has passed since, and I still haven't heard from them. Shady business huh

scott8
06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are 5 players that play the high limit that I believe are bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think there are only 5???
MUUUUHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA
MUUUUHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

Only 5? Kids these days just kill me.

Cactus Cactus
06-02-2005, 08:22 PM
so you think that poker is filled with these bots? I like to think not

Iamafish
06-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Is one of those players handle reztez?

AngusThermopyle
06-02-2005, 08:31 PM
You have heard of the new PokkerForumBot.exe, haven't you?
Visits all the pokker forums and makes posts saying either:
"There are no such things as pokker playing bots"
OR
"Everybody out there is a pokker playing Bot"
That way, everybody on the pokker forums gets fed up with these kind of threads and don't pay attention to them.
But it has a flaw. It always misspells "pokker".

TGoldman
06-02-2005, 08:44 PM
About a year ago I experienced an obvious case of player collusion in a 1/2 limit Hold'em game at PokerRoom. So I emailed the hands in question to support and received this in response:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi
Thanks for your email. We have reviewed the hands in question and the situation. We can unfortunately not tell you the outcome of our investigation, but you can be rest assured that necessary actions have been taken towards these players.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's standard practice for sites not to reveal the results of their investigations. For your situation, just look to see if the players are still at the tables. That should tell you the results of their investigation.

Equal
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About a year ago I experienced an obvious case of player collusion in a 1/2 limit Hold'em game at PokerRoom. So I emailed the hands in question to support and received this in response:

[ QUOTE ]
Hi
Thanks for your email. We have reviewed the hands in question and the situation. We can unfortunately not tell you the outcome of our investigation, but you can be rest assured that necessary actions have been taken towards these players.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's standard practice for sites not to reveal the results of their investigations. For your situation, just look to see if the players are still at the tables. That should tell you the results of their investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not quite true. Pacific Poker actually emailed me their decision regarding all-in abuse I reported, and this included the whole cards for everyone at the table for the hand histories I reported!

evans075
06-02-2005, 08:55 PM
What was the deal about the all-in stuff?

Patchmaster
06-02-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi

[/ QUOTE ]
It's standard practice for sites not to reveal the results of their investigations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Except their reply reads something like, "We can't tell you the outcome of the trial, but rest assured you won't be bothered by the accused for 15 to 30 years." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bholdr
06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so you think that poker is filled with these bots? I like to think not

[/ QUOTE ]

poker is probably filled with bots, but likely no higher than 1/2 or 2/4.... maybe it's time to take your sarcasam detector in for a tune-up...

RainDog
06-02-2005, 11:17 PM
I also play often enough at betonbet/PokerRoom. While I still play the site as players are generally loose, the 5-max tables rock, and the rake back is good...it is however the only place I've ever truly suspected being up against bots. This has always occured at high limit h2h tables where I can not garner a text response from the other player and decision timing is seemingly always the same. Of course I'm not 100% on this, probably closer to 50% but the suspicion was there and it would be feasible for an excellent h2h bot to exist and make a killing at that site. Easy enough to avoid though, just stay away from h2h tables. Bots elsewhere are nothing to fear other than their potential to create public hysteria. Anyone else play high limit h2h at pokerroom and had similar worries?

Cactus Cactus
06-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes that is exactly who I am talking about. Tell me if you have played against these players. ME ME ME ME, THE_Emerald, Brown_sugar, XXblake

Jeffage
06-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Reztes is not a bot.

Jeff

RainDog
06-03-2005, 12:55 AM
I know for a fact I have played Emerald and BrownSugar. I can't really give you any hard data as I have neglected to log Pokerroom hand histories until I recently started playing there regularly at 5/10 and 10/20. My suggestion is just to avoid those tables.