PDA

View Full Version : AA on a tight crypto table?

MrEngenic
06-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Tight crypto table with ASF (average saw flop) 24. Not many pots going to showdown and most players seemed to be either decent or too tight passive.
I mixed up my play here, my plan preflop was to call and CR the flop if BB called and bet/call flop, then CR turn if the board wasn't too scary.

When the turn came, the board looked so scary I was afraid he wouldnt call so I decided to just call and bet the river instead. Did I leave money on the table?

Crypto 1/2

dealt to Hero [A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
4 folds, <font color="red"> Shep: raises $2</font> , 3 folds, Hero: calls $1.50, BB folds

----- FLOP ----- [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero: bets $1, <font color="red"> Shep: raises $2</font> , Hero: calls $1

----- TURN ----- [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif] [3 /images/graemlins/club.gif]
Hero: checks, Shep: bets $2, Hero: calls $2

----- RIVER ----- [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif] [T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
Hero: bets $2

Isura
06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I'd check/raise or bet/3bet the turn instead of just check/call. I like check/raising since AK-AQ aren't folding, but TT-KK will raise probably if you bet the turn, so you can 3-bet. I'd be more inclined to check/raise against a passive player since the board is pretty coordinated so he might not raise the turn again with a smaller pocket pair.