PDA

View Full Version : 2/4NL -- Following through on river...

Bill Ivey
06-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Villian is in CO, no reads.

As usual, I missed the flop completely and made a standard continuation bet. Villian called and I decided to give it another shot on the turn and fire a second bullet. To my suprise, villian called again. Now I am positive I am beat because it is not a very draw-heavy board, and he could be slowplaying a set. So on the river, I do the weakest (but seemed most sensible) thing.. I checked. He checked behind.

Anyways, villian took the pot with Ah4h, and I strongly feel that I could have took this pot down with a bet on the river.

Comments, thoughts??

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($402)
BB ($378)
UTG ($506.05)
UTG+1 ($234.25)
MP1 ($713.35)
Hero ($443.25)
CO ($397.40)
Button ($94.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, CO calls $16, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($38) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24</font>, CO calls $24.

Turn: ($86) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, CO calls $40.

River: ($166) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $166

captZEEbo1
06-02-2005, 07:09 PM
check-fold river. What range of hands do you put villain on that called the flop bet (almost no draws). River is not a scare card. Let's say you held KQ, and river was an Ace....that's a good bluff card. He called flop and turn already, most likely with some sort of pair. He obivously pegged you for precisely AK and is calling down. The only possible draw he can have here is 56 in which case he might be willing to go for a check. If you check river, I might be inclined to call a smallish bet, but that's player dependent.

I think it's highly unlikely for villain to have a set, because he would've popped you back on flop or turn. Although it's also likely opponent is willing to call another bet with whatever pair he holds (very possible he can have like JJ or A9 here).

not_da_nizzles
06-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Your flop bet looked weak ... bet more.

On the turn he probably thought he had about 14 outs if he was behind to your overpair (unless you had AA) ... or he was in the lead. As villain, I probably would have called your turn bet too (more likely I would have raised you, but whatever).

As it played out I wouldn't have bet the river out-of-position.

mj

JihadOnTheRiver
06-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Is this considered even MID stakes?

snappo
06-02-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this considered even MID stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes /images/graemlins/frown.gif . But barely. Anything below 2/4 is SSNL.