PDA

View Full Version : Office Depot -- What's My Play

Hoopster81
06-02-2005, 06:33 PM
On 5/20/05 I bought this CRT (http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=558866) off the Office Depot website. At that time it was listed at $114. I also bought a UPC so that I could apply a coupon for orders $150 or more. Later in the day, I noticed that the price of the CRT had changed on the Office Depot website to $197.

Anyways, both items were to be delivered on 5/23/05, but only the UPC showed up. I called Office Depot CS, and they told me that the monitor I bought had been discontinued and was no longer available. I was like, "Whatever, I see it still on your website, it just costs $80 more than when I bought it." But CS insisted that the monitor was not available, and arranged for the UPC to be picked up so my order could be canceled.

The UPC was picked up last Friday, and I had not heard another word from them until ... today UPS shows up at my door with the CRT! So, now what is my play? I would just wait it out for them to contact me, but I have $80 in mail-in rebates for this CRT that need to be post-marked by 6/4/05. The only reason I bought this in the first place was to use the rebates and only pay $34 for the CRT. My credit card has only been charged ~$30 for the UPC which I returned.

Should I call them or is there a chance that it will go unnoticed and I will get this for -$80 (after MIR)?