PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Hmmm..Is .Joker slowing playing a set on 4ht??

SittingBull
06-02-2005, 06:24 PM
*****************MICRO LIMITS*.25/.25**********
3rd
BULL(Qs As) 7s CALLS (alternate play--RAISE--to attempt to reduce field to have another shot at winning without flush completion)
SC(X X)6d CALLS
REV(X X) 6c CALLS loose goose
JOKER(X X) Jd CALLS (unknown)
HUF(X X) 9d FOLDS
JAM(X X) 5c BRINGS-IN
4th
BULL(Qs As) 7s Ac : What's BULL's play on 4th??Hmmm /images/graemlins/blush.gif
SC(X X) 6d 3h FOLDS
REV(X X) 6c 4d CALLS
JOKER(X X) Jd Jh MIN BETS /images/graemlins/confused.gif
JAM(X X) 5c Ts FOLDS
SittingBull

RandomUser
06-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Possible, but not enough information.

I generally call here and raise 5th.

If I don't catch 2 pair or a spade on 5th, I would fold to a reraise, otherwise I would call.

djr
06-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I'd call. Your hand is strong enough you need to see 5th (just hope you hit another ace or spade).

SittingBull
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
The reason is as follows: ". ..The MOST important exception(to folding) is when UR Oppo. is a wild loose player who plays ALMOST any three cards and U can BEAT his pair"---Sklansky,Malmuth,and RayZee.
This comment by the authors was made when a player pairs his doorcard. U are to FOLD MOST of the time.

However,in my case,the EXCEpTION was the case. Although I can't claim that my Oppo. was "wild",MOST players at these limits(.25/.50--Micro-limit on PokerStars)do play ANY 3 random cards on 3rd,hoping that their hands develop into a winning hand.
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-03-2005, 12:02 AM
to define his hand. Since he did not come over the top,I knew I had the best hand.
SittingBull

bigredlemon
06-03-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
to define his hand. Since he did not come over the top,I knew I had the best hand.
SittingBull

[/ QUOTE ]he min bet instead of double betting. Most micro limit players i've seen will double bet even if all they have is what they're showing if they think it's the best hand. The fact that he min bets already likely indicates that he doesn't have trips. If he has trips and is slowplaying, he's not going to raise you until 6th anyway.

CarlosChadha
06-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Not raising with your totally live 3 flush with 2 hidden overcards on 3rd is a big mistake, you have way too much equity in the pot to give people a cheap card. You also get the chance to define peoples hands more immediately so that you don't end up paying 3 times as much for similar info further in the hand.

-Carlos

SittingBull
06-03-2005, 05:10 PM
like a med to upper mid-limit player. UR correct,tho. I would certainly improve the chances of winning the pot if I connect with a big PR. on 4th . Of course,I would probably reduce the field by raising 3rd. But poker is NOT about winning pots;it's about attempting to maximize one's profits.Hence,I prefer,in this case,to risk giving a free card in the hopes that I will improve to a 4-flush . I really wanted the players in with me on 3rd.
U noted that I included ur alternative. However,I chose not to accept this route.
"Sometimes it is correct to raise with ur 3-flush....If u have 2 overcards and a medium card up,you can raise.....However,a raise is NOT REQUIRED,SINCE U DON'T MIND A LOT OF PLAYERS WITH THIS HAND"
Sklansky,Malmuth,RayZee
SittingBull

SittingBull
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
trips when he bet the min. I too believe that most players would bet the MAX if he believed that he had the BEST hand. Hence,his hand was defined on 3rd.
But ,in this case,he continued to drive on 4th! /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I was beginning to believe that I was wrong. /images/graemlins/confused.gif
SittingBull