PDA

View Full Version : Please share thoughts on this hand

rsq
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Its a $20 SNG on PP.

I am BB, with KT of Diamonds, and the BB is 15.

The bet to me from the button is $90.

How would you play?

thx

tigerite
06-02-2005, 06:01 PM
You mean you have to call 90 to play? Fold.

gumpzilla
06-02-2005, 06:02 PM
If button is only player in, and you don't expect any limpers between you to call, this is a pretty straightforward fold.

tigerite
06-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I would argue that even if there are limpers you expect to call, this is a fold, it's over 1/10th of your stack (PP $20 starting stack = 800) and you just won't hit a flop you like anything like enough times to make it worthwhile. Plus, your position will stink.

rsq
06-02-2005, 06:21 PM
I did fold.

The flop came up - A, 4, 7 - all diamonds.

I still felt ok about the move but it was very frustrating!

Easy to see how tilt happens. Next hand I picked up KJ clubs, and was smoked!

Such is life.

Thx for thoughts.

tigerite
06-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Why tilt? You do know that party works on mouse movements to generate its random numbers, so if you'd called, a completely different flop would have come anyway. Also, you can't base your decisions on results, but only on the information you have available at the time of the decision. You made the right call. How on earth you got involved with KJs I don't know.

MentalCombat
06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why tilt? You do know that party works on mouse movements to generate its random numbers, so if you'd called, a completely different flop would have come anyway. Also, you can't base your decisions on results, but only on the information you have available at the time of the decision. You made the right call. How on earth you got involved with KJs I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]
i believe that the random numbers are used to shuffle the deck before dealing, not before the flop.

tigerite
06-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Not what I've read/heard, but regardless, no point in tilting and being results-oriented.

MentalCombat
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not what I've read/heard, but regardless, no point in tilting and being results-oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]
w0rd.

rsq
06-02-2005, 06:42 PM
I understand - just frustrating is all. As it turned out I went on to take 2nd.

Just interesting example of what makes poker so fun.