PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with getting bet into after raising preflop? (UB)

baronzeus
06-02-2005, 04:31 PM
I am having trouble with a situation I almost never ran into on party.

For example, I'm on the button or CO with KJo, it's folded to me so I raise.

Flop comes rag rag rag, and the blind bets into me.

What's my action? Raise? call? fold?
Calling seems bad, so does folding.

What happens if I raise and I'm bet into again on the turn?

Any ideas?

PuckNPoker
06-02-2005, 04:35 PM
I'd review the "playing overcards" section of SSH.

The short answer: It depends.

The long answer: It depends, read SSH.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

irishpint
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
it depends. back door draws? flush, straight, etc. you're 2 overcards are usually good for 6 outs here, most likely BB has a pair or something. i would usually (board dependant) raise this.

baronzeus
06-02-2005, 05:51 PM
No, I'm saying he donk bets into me every time rags hit if I raise. It's a good move on his part, but it's hard for me to read him, and he's taking my money when I miss the turn and he bets into me again.

Any ideas?

irishpint
06-02-2005, 06:03 PM
ya and im saying look at your hand. see if you have b/d outs, if not i STILL raise the flop if it's heads up and u have position. that way you get to see the turn for free usually and you can bet if you hit, if not see the river and fold if you miss.

DeuceKicker
06-02-2005, 06:05 PM
If you're pretty sure he's going to bet any rag flop, then raise.

PS you did read him. You see that he's betting every time rags flop after you've raised. That's a good read.

baronzeus
06-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Thats the answer I was looking for.

Raise.

This is exactl what I've been doing,.

Turn comes rag. He bets. Hero?

rlr
06-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Folds most likely.

I tend to bet out (especially heads up blind defense) on the flop if I hit any piece. He may be more adventurous then I but I would think a good time he leads he has hit a piece.

You raise from button/CO with KJ and he calls from blinds, he leads into you on the flop (which you miss), you raise he three-bets now what's your play?

baronzeus
06-02-2005, 06:26 PM
I call the 3bet and fold the turn. I don't see this too often because most players will wait to raise the turn

TALLBrad
06-02-2005, 06:28 PM
I see this alot on UB. The blinds figure with the Rags flop you were pushing a decent, but not great, starting hand and you probably missed the flop. This form of aggression puts the pressure on you. Reads become important to really figure out what to do next. Does this person only bet with a "made" hand, or will they try to bluff you out? Having Poker Tracker and taking notes is the way to go for these situations. I've also looked at aggression factor, if it's low I assume they made a hand, if it's high I'm more likely to think they are pushing the pot.

Brad.