PDA

View Full Version : Two hands

istewart
06-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Here are a few hands for you guys. Comments everywhere appreciated. Just finished up a session, my two questions were here.

Villain (turn raiser) here is tight-passive-ish, pretty much a calling station postflop. He's like 20/2/.5. Very mousey. The preflop limp was a little earlier than I usually do it, but it was a good table.

I raised the flop for a free card, as the initial bettor was very fishy and passive. Now I'm not so sure I liked it, with two /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs there. When I spiked the turn I felt I couldn't check.

I called the turn raise in hopes of making an non- /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A or 9.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Limper in front of me was bad, like 65/0. I had been raising a lot and not showing much down so he might have had potential to take shots at me. Not sure what I should have done on the turn, and now the river.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (5.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero...

smartalecc5
06-02-2005, 04:25 PM
On hand #1 when he bets out I{ think he holds a piece of board. KQ or QJ is a possibility. You know that he porobably does nt have QQ or JJ because he did not riase preflop. And, by his passive call on the flop, he either a)doesn't have a GREAT hand or b)is trying to trap you with 44(very unlikely) or c)tried the free card play from an early position and failed miserably at it. All in all now, I would call the river for that one bet.

Sorry have to go now and can't post on hand 2. I would fold the river tho.

gharp
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Hand 1 is played well -- I'd be very tempted to (over)call that river but folding is probably best.

Hand 2 is also good. You've gotta fold that river -- the best you can hope for is a chop and you've got someone behind you to worry about too.

AngelicPenguin
06-02-2005, 04:45 PM
On hand #1, how good was the read? I would probably call the river bet getting 16 to 1 and closing the action.

AngelicPenguin
06-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Hand #2, I probably call the river getting 6-1 b/c you have no fear of CO. He could easily be betting an A/K, although I'd guess it was a foiled check-raise attempt, but I wouldn't give him the 85% or so chance needed to fold for one bet.

Isura
06-02-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised the flop for a free card, as the initial bettor was very fishy and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine raising for a free card even with 2 diamonds on the board, but your position is not great for trying for a free card. If CO and button both don't fold, you don't have position to guarantee a free card even if the initial bettor checks the turn. Turn and river look fine.

Hand 2: Good river fold IMO. It's less likely MP1 is taking a shot at you since it's 3-handed on the river, so he either has an Ace, a boat, or bluffing a worst hand into both of you. With CO yet to act, it's an easy fold. At best you are splitting, and the pot is not that big.

@bsolute_luck
06-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Hand #1: that's tough. a straight, flush, 2-pair, or trips could beat you. meh, i'd call since no one is behind us to reraise and CO could easily be betting top pair here.

i was going to ask if anybody 3-bets this turn, but i guess there's too many possible variations of hands that beat us here to do that... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

hand #2: why not bet the turn and fold to a c/r?

Isura
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2, I probably call the river getting 6-1 b/c you have no fear of CO. He could easily be betting an A/K, although I'd guess it was a foiled check-raise attempt, but I wouldn't give him the 85% or so chance needed to fold for one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain has an A we split, so our pot odds are only 3 to 1. CO could also overcall with an A if he sucks.

CallMeIshmael
06-02-2005, 08:04 PM
(insert counter productive/semi-retarded comment here)