PDA

View Full Version : 45 suited UTG (stars 6max)

jhall23
06-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Been at the table for about 3-4 orbits. Bunch of small stacks palying really bad and raising like crazy. Because of this I have been really tight cause I haven't had any good short stack busting hands. Villian in this hand doesn't seem very good. I limped 78 in a mulitway pot on the button and flopped and oesd against him. He gave me excellent odds on the flop and turn and then proceeded to call my raise on the river with TP crap kicker. This was followed by a nice little chat message of "nice catch dik" which I did not respond to.

Obviously PF is not standard, but I have yet to raise PF and should have a good shot taking the pot down on the flop if we get there as we see. If nothing else I'll start building a more agressive image with this hand. Despite that it didn't come to it, I thought the flop was pretty intersting for my hand and was trying to come up with what I would do in several situations.

I was thinking that if re-raised ( a normal size ) that I am pushing. Probably the same against a min-raise, but calling could be ok I think.

More interesting I think is what to do on the turn if just called.

What would your action be

On a turn blank:
If the flush hits:
If the straight hits:
If the board pairs:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($130)
MP ($29.10)
CO ($28.75)
Button ($70.50)
SB ($120.70)
BB ($28.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $14.50

xorbie
06-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Check and call a turn if he just calls I think. He seems very unlikely to fold an A if he has one, and might also pay you off big if you hit (especially a non /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3, but even the flush).

jhall23
06-02-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check and call a turn if he just calls I think. He seems very unlikely to fold an A if he has one, and might also pay you off big if you hit (especially a non /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3, but even the flush).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this your line for a brick or for the other scenarios as well? I think this is what I would do on a brick as well. I should be able to get a good amount if I hit as it will look like I have a pair under Aces. Plus maybe his under bets are a common thing and I will get a really good price anyway.