PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about switching to PP

A_Junglen
06-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Well here's my current situation. I've currently got most of my money on pokerroom, where I've done quite well. Actually won their 3k freeroll 2 weeks ago, and have cashed in many other big tournaments. I've also done very well in their SNG's..below are my stats. (10-1s)

ROI 66.1%

ITM 48.3%

Total Tourneys 29

Total entries $319.00
Total prizes $530.00
SNG Profit $211.00

$/Tourney $7.28
# hrs 6.13
$/hr $34.45
Avg Finish 3.79
Bubble % +/- 12.5%

obviously a sample of this size shouldn't be looked at too carefully, but will at least give you an idea of my progress.

However, pokerroom's SNG's take more time than I would prefer..I still enjoy playing in their larger tournaments, but SNG's are a tad lengthy for my taste. I have played at party before and always hated their blind structure. To maximize my profit though, would moving to party be a bad idea? (or empire, for rakeback, which I currently don't get).

Thanks in advance.

smcannon
06-02-2005, 03:09 PM
If you're all about maximizing profitability then go with a rakeback deal. Keep in mind, rakeback doesn't add up to very much with SnG's. Unless of course you're a heavy hitter at them playing at a boastful buy in.

citanul
06-02-2005, 03:10 PM
moving to party would, assuming you play well in the party structure, increase your hourly wage.

citanul

ps: right now i have my 2+2 set to have 20 threads on each page. three of the front page threads for me in this forum are about switching and or the differences between party and other sites. however, in all of them, the posters who start the threads KNOW THE DIFFERENCES ALREADY. so guys, let's have a moratorium on such idiocy. as far as the world of this forum currently knows, the best place to maximize your hourly rate is party.

addtionally, what on earth was the point of the rest of your post besides just "would moving to party increase my profits?" the rest of it was just an idiotic rambling nothing with some stats thrown in for "Good" measure.

there's a gagillion posts on this subject already, i don't understand why it is that people think that they are a special case of some sort about moving between sites.

Wes ManTooth
06-02-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To maximize my profit though, would moving to party be a bad idea? (or empire, for rakeback, which I currently don't get).

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends on on your approach to playing SNG/STTs. If you think your strength in your SNG game is more so with post flop play then Pokerroom is better for you. If you you strength in your game is in pre flop play, Party may be better for you.

It also depends at what $ levels you play, I believe that Pokerroom's rake is less sometimes.

citanul
06-02-2005, 03:12 PM
wtf, rakeback is free money. without rakeback, party is the most profitable site, and then you throw on free money to boot, it can't be beat. "it's not much money" is just retarded. it's FREE MONEY. it's money to scale with the buyins, no matter what the buyins are. don't be a donkey.

citanul