PDA

View Full Version : Rap fans

siccjay
06-02-2005, 02:52 PM
I am no way affiliated with this album or record label but you all must check this out.

This is easily one of my Top 5 favorite albums all time. From production to content its top notch.

Street Level Records (http://www.streetlevelrecords.com/store/store.htm) It's the album at the top called Crytical - Crytical Condition. There are some snippits you can listen to.

Thank me later.

xadrez
06-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Is this a joke? This is absolutely awful.

Tron
06-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Uhhhh... Yeah, I'm going to have to agree.

The beats are overwhelming, the flow is horrible, and the rhymes are unoriginal.

Turkish
06-02-2005, 03:42 PM
As far as rap goes, this pretty much sucks...Tell your cousin in the group I said, sorry...

ttleistdci
06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll listen to it as soon as Crytical learns how to spell.

siccjay
06-02-2005, 06:51 PM
You all have bad taste. There hasn't been one person I know who heard this CD and didn't like it.

I guess if Lil Jon isn't screaming YEAH! in the background, it's no good anymore.

thatpfunk
06-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Hahahahahahahaah.

PoBoy321
06-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Lil Jon sucks too, just not nearly as much.

Seriously, Seattle rap? WTF? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

There's just not that much that rhymes with "Starbucks."

siccjay
06-02-2005, 06:54 PM
you obviously didn't listen

PoBoy321
06-02-2005, 06:56 PM
I did.

The Seattle thing was a joke.

My original assertion still stands, and if you're seriously trying to defend this group that much, you not only need to get better taste in music, you also need to learn to pick your battles.

dr. klopek
06-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Upon clicking the link provided, and viewing the page in question, I decided that I didn't have to listen to "crytical condition" to know generally what it would sound like and that it wasn't going to be any good. Not wanting to be a "hater," I decided to listen to it and give it a chance. A decision I will regret until the end of my days.

Siccjay, you owe me 82 seconds.

pshreck
06-02-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is easily one of my Top 5 favorite albums all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a laugh, do tell the other 4.

zokbarjazz
06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
rough, dude.

brassnuts
06-02-2005, 07:11 PM
The instramentals sound like low budget circa 1997 bay area rap. A few aren't too bad (out of the entire page) but most the actual rap is horrble. They need to quit trying to sound like Do or Die.

ThaSaltCracka
06-02-2005, 10:46 PM
SEATOWN [censored] YA'LL HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
I just wanted to add that I heard FTS a while ago(4 years ago), and yeah the music is rough, but its indie label [censored], and it doesn't have the same slick production we see on most mainstream rap. I like a lot of rap, and I think you have to have a varied taste to like this style of rap. I think most of you haters in this thread are stupid sheep, who are either backpackers or just overall idiots. Klopek is the exception.

nothumb
06-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I thought this group sucked.

NT

ThaSaltCracka
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
cool, but it has been demonstrated on numerous occasions that you know nothing about rap.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nothumb
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cool, but it has been demonstrated on numerous occasions that you know nothing about rap.

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you're taking Syk's side, huh?

BTW I just played one of those Masta Ace tracks for a few of my kids at work and they were duly impressed. I don't remember if it was you or jay who put me on to that.

NT

siccjay
06-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow, I really am amazed.

Most of you are calling Crytical a group. That shows how much you actually listened to it. How can you listen to the track Desperate and not think it's any good?

Someone asked my Top 5. Ok, well off the top of my head.

Tech-N9ne - Absolute Power
Brotha Lynch - Season of the Sicc
Outkast - Southernplaylistic
Dayton Family - F.B.I.
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP

Ok so there is 5 that I think are better than Crytical but it's up there.

ThaSaltCracka
06-02-2005, 11:19 PM
that was me, glad you are schooling the youngbloods.

ThaSaltCracka
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
those are some good CD's.

siccjay
06-02-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The instramentals sound like low budget circa 1997 bay area rap. A few aren't too bad (out of the entire page) but most the actual rap is horrble. They need to quit trying to sound like Do or Die.

[/ QUOTE ]

The beats sound low budget? I actually think the production is pretty amazing. Most beats done by D-Sane are very nice.

LMAO Where on that page did you find someone that sounds like Do or Die? Thats freakin hilarious.

nothumb
06-02-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you listen to the track Desperate and not think it's any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy, I listened to the bad falsetto hook, and the weak Twista imitation on the verse, and I said, "This is crap."

Sorry dude, I really don't like this guy.

NT

siccjay
06-02-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Upon clicking the link provided, and viewing the page in question, I decided that I didn't have to listen to "crytical condition" to know generally what it would sound like and that it wasn't going to be any good. Not wanting to be a "hater," I decided to listen to it and give it a chance. A decision I will regret until the end of my days.

Siccjay, you owe me 82 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since it seems that you may have some taste. What song did you listen to?

siccjay
06-02-2005, 11:23 PM
He raps nothing like Twista other than they rap fast.

Dude's voice on the hook is good.

brassnuts
06-02-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The beats sound low budget? I actually think the production is pretty amazing. Most beats done by D-Sane are very nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said they sound like a high quality rendition of mid-late 90's bay area rap. Which isn't really THAT much of a dis, I used to be into that stuff. The negative being that many of the beats aren't very cutting edge.

brassnuts
06-02-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He raps nothing like Twista other than they rap fast.

Dude's voice on the hook is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that they just rap fast, it's that they flow like Twista. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but I'm not the only one who drew that conclusion.

Hermlord
06-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Holy God that picture at the top is funny....

"Seattle Represeeeeeeeeeent!!!!!!"

ThaSaltCracka
06-02-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said they sound like a high quality rendition of mid-late 90's bay area rap. Which isn't really THAT much of a dis, I used to be into that stuff. The negative being that many of the beats aren't very cutting edge.

[/ QUOTE ]good assesment.

siccjay
06-02-2005, 11:55 PM
I love that era of bay area rap. I don't think the production is all that close but maybe thats why I like it so much.

I never said it was "cutting edge" though, "cutting edge" in rap nowadays is garbage.

Vince Young
06-03-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess if Lil Jon isn't screaming YEAH! in the background, it's no good anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not about it being underground, it's about it sucking.

Bobby Digital
06-03-2005, 01:19 AM
It wasn't THAT bad, but I would never buy his CD. The title track was decent the rest was just ehhhh.

siccjay
06-03-2005, 01:30 AM
hahah no one likes it....thats unreal

When I first heard it I was like this is decent but it grew on me. Most underground stuff is like that for me.

somethingstupid
06-03-2005, 02:21 AM
I listen to a lot of rap. This [censored] sucks fat donkey balls. But then again, I don't like Cisco. So maybe these guys could be the next Cisco. Oh boy!

dr. klopek
06-03-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to "my troubled life" and "desperate."

This guy's raps are akward, he has absolutely pedestrian content, these beats were clearly made by someone with no musical talent, and the hook on "desperate" is simply unacceptable.

private joker
06-03-2005, 02:58 AM
I decided to have an open mind and listen to all of the Crytical Condition track. It's a piece of crap.

I had to listen to all of "Nation of Millions" and twice through Mr. Lif's "I Phantom" just to get the taste out of my mouth. Ugh, that was bad.

siccjay
06-03-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to "my troubled life" and "desperate."

This guy's raps are akward, he has absolutely pedestrian content, these beats were clearly made by someone with no musical talent, and the hook on "desperate" is simply unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see how you could think the beats were that bad. I am truely amazed.

I guess it's true. Gangsta Rap is dead.

bonanz
06-03-2005, 04:26 AM
this is pretty weak. It has to be some "that guys from where i'm from" type of appeal

there's a guy here in vegas named quadeer (sp?) and although i feel the quality of production and rhyme skills are above the stuff in the link you provided, it's still sub-par... however, i feel some strange affinity for his music, and i think it's strictly because he's from my city...not necessarily that i like his style or anything...

-Skeme-
06-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Sicc, you can't really expect anybody on 2+2 to like underground [censored] from Siccness. I personally don't like the stuff either, I hate the beats, but people like you love them. Some of the rhymes are good, but overall I dislike the piano beat stuff from people. I remember you being a big fan of D Sane, he's just not my cup of tea. Young Vicious is sick, though. Different strokes for different folks.

-Skeme-
06-03-2005, 07:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So now you're taking Syk's side, huh?

BTW I just played one of those Masta Ace tracks for a few of my kids at work and they were duly impressed. I don't remember if it was you or jay who put me on to that.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

It was me. I'm -Syk- by the way. No hard feelings thumb, you're cool. TSC is a douche, though.

xadrez
06-03-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You all have bad taste. There hasn't been one person I know who heard this CD and didn't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Ive been listening to rap since the mid-1980's and I do not like this or Lil' John. Both make horrendous beats and I cannot listen to a rap song with a terrible beat unless the lyrics are extraordinary which is simply not the case with Crytical Condition.

Since no music thread is complete without name-dropping an obscure group I will say that the best independent hip-hop group of all time was Natural Elements, who would out-flow Crytical Condition 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

-Skeme-
06-03-2005, 10:22 AM
I hate Lil John, but he makes some bangers.

siccjay
06-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Well, I thought this album would have some appeal to normal rap fans. Like I said, everyone I know that has heard it in person has liked it a lot, all different types of people. I am stunned at the responses, honestly.

I agree about Young Vicious, I feel Crytical is right there with him though. Maybe it takes a couple spins to soak or something. LMAO