PDA

View Full Version : WTF_PWNED by small stack?

Eevee
06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
PP 55. Villian is worse than a magikarp.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1765)
MP1 (t985)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t960)
CO (t1005)
Button (t955)
SB (t240)
BB (t1135)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t152.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets t40
Hero?

-EV

Current Music: Eminem - Cleaning out my Closet

PS: For those unacquainted with the wonderful world of pokemon, Magikarp is probably the most useless weak pokemon ever.

brad the fish
06-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Grit your teeth and put him all in. This is probably a leak in my game - but at this point with QQ and him having such a short stack - if he hit his K I'm willing to pay him off.

Biloxi
06-02-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grit your teeth and put him all in. This is probably a leak in my game - but at this point with QQ and him having such a short stack - if he hit his K I'm willing to pay him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I probably raise his worthless pokemon A$$ too.
Pokemon /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Meatmaw
06-02-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS: For those unacquainted with the wonderful world of pokemon, Magikarp is probably the most useless weak pokemon ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse than Goldeen??? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

sorry i get my knowledge from the first 10 episodes of the cartoon.

Unarmed
06-02-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're dead against a K. Why blow him off whatever other crap hand he might have that you beat. It really doesn't matter all that much, but pushing is incorrect.

Phill S
06-02-2005, 04:15 PM
He's so short i pot it on the flop, with the intention of raising/calling him all in on my next action.

If he happens to have been a magikarp that went to daycare and evolved into that big cool dragon then all credit to him for hitting the K.

I dont think he hit the K so he's prolly still a magikarp - dont be afraid of his 'splash' attack.

Phill

DasLeben
06-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I fold. The blinds are just entirely too small to go to war like this. The busts that always make me laugh are when I see someone that can't lay down QQ or KK to an overcard.

EDIT: You know, now that I look at the hand some more and see how much he bet on the flop, I'm starting to side more with sticking out a good sized raise. Definitely not all-in though.

EDIT 2: Ugh. I just saw SB's stack size. Ignore the first part of my post. You're going to take his stack at some point this hand (I need to stop posting right after I wake up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Eevee
06-02-2005, 04:19 PM
So you would call the t40? Then what? just passively call down any bets? If he will bet into you and probably otherwise fold to a raise on the flop, that would be a good move, but I think he knows he is committed here. with his 40 bet, he is committing to the pot. Its def a fold vs raise IMO and im leaning towards push...

-EV

Current Music: Nelly - Country Grammer

Eevee
06-02-2005, 04:21 PM
At lvl 15 he learns tackle...that scares me a lil.

+EV

durron597
Edit from original post:

I didn't realize Villian is so short. There is no way I don't get allin on this board by the river. I probably call the flop and push the turn.

Unarmed
Yes I would call the 40, and everything else that gets bet during this hand.

Eevee
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Here are Goldeens moves: Peck, Tailwhip, Supersonic, HornAttack, Fury Attack, Waterfall, Horndrill, Agility.
Magikarp: Splash, tackle.

Magikarps only value is in his evolution. Otherwise, Goldeen is the nuts vs Magikarp.

-EV

jcm4ccc
06-02-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PP 55. Villian is worse than a magikarp.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
UTG+2 (t1765)
MP1 (t985)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t960)
CO (t1005)
Button (t955)
SB (t240)
BB (t1135)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t152.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets t40
Hero?

-EV

Current Music: Eminem - Cleaning out my Closet

[/ QUOTE ]

On a previous thread, there was a debate as to whether 150 chips was enough to bother with a stop-and-go. I think we've answered that debate. Apparently 40 chips is enough for a stop and go.

MentalCombat
06-02-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here are Goldeens moves: Peck, Tailwhip, Supersonic, HornAttack, Fury Attack, Waterfall, Horndrill, Agility.
Magikarp: Splash, tackle.

Magikarps only value is in his evolution. Otherwise, Goldeen is the nuts vs Magikarp.

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, Magikarp is on a gut shot straight draw.

Ogre
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Eve how old are you?
And when did you start playing pokemon?

MrX
06-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I am paying him off if he has a King. In my experience by betting the 40, this player has comitted the rest of his stack. There is almost no way to put him on a hand. It could as easly be 44 or JTs or KT...regardless I can afford to lose 240 more chips here if I am behind and more often than not I am ahead.

I raise to put him all in on the flop. Pay his King, personally I think it is more likely he does not have one.

MrX

Unarmed
06-02-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise to put him all in on the flop. Pay his King, personally I think it is more likely he does not have one.

MrX

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's just silly. If you really think he has junk why do you want to blow him off the hand?

Eevee
06-02-2005, 09:00 PM
I really think he would call with almost anything after betting that 40.

Unarmed
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really think he would call with almost anything after betting that 40.

[/ QUOTE ]

So call. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

psyduck
06-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Hello brother /images/graemlins/smile.gif I too despise those Magikarp fish.

psyduck
06-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Jesus christ, it's been a while. How did you remember all of Goldeen's moves?

Magikarp learns tackle at L15. Till then, he just has splash. But at L20, he evolves AND learns bite.

About the hand: his stack is so small that there's no point. Just put him in. I don't think there's an easy way to put him on a king. Villain could easily have mid pair as well.

Now, if the stacks were equal, then we have a problem.

MrX
06-02-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

MrX

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's just silly. If you really think he has junk why do you want to blow him off the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think he has junk at all. By betting 40 he has told me that he has some part of the flop and with the flop here it could easily be a draw. it is 200 more chips to put hima all in, I am not gonna dilly dally around..I put him in here. Sometimes he will have a K sometimes not .. but out of those times he does not have a King I don't think I am going to blow him off his hand I think he is going to call with whatever part of the flop he has.

The other line I may take is call the flop bet and then raise him all in on turn.

I am not folding this hand against a short stack and this flop.

MrX

ilya
06-02-2005, 10:25 PM
I agree with Unarmed, call him down.

adanthar
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not think he has junk at all. By betting 40 he has told me that he has some part of the flop and with the flop here it could easily be a draw. it is 200 more chips to put hima all in, I am not gonna dilly dally around..I put him in here. Sometimes he will have a K sometimes not .. but out of those times he does not have a King I don't think I am going to blow him off his hand I think he is going to call with whatever part of the flop he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's gonna call with anything and will bet a K, middle pair decent kicker or draw, I have a feeling this raise is -EV.

Yeah, I just call down. Why not, if he has a K maybe I save 50 chips at the end when he bets 2/3 of his stack and I feel dumb but can't fold.