PDA

View Full Version : I had a bad morning, guys (not a bad beat post)

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
I was playing a 10+1 stars rebuy tourney, and after getting cracked four or five times decided to go with an all in till I double up strategy (with playable hands) did it 6-7 times with pretty good hands....67s, 99, AKo, ATs, and couldn't win a hand. I got all in for my 19th and 20th rebuy, and as I was replenishing my cashier funds, stars said as I lost the hand 'you don't have sufficient funds/you finished in 200-something place'

WTF? On other sites they never do this, and I checked out stars' tournament rules and it says NOTHING about max rebuys or having to have cashier full before rebuying. I angrily emailed stars support demanding my money back....I was in for $200!!!

Argh! I've been playing on paradise for years and I could always replenish cashier during a rebuy. Do I have a leg to stand on here? I'm seeing nothing in their terms and conditions.

CardSharpCook
06-02-2005, 01:08 PM
So you thought that you could replenish your funds inside the 60 secs it gives you to rebuy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHA
HAHAHHHAHAHAHHAH
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
HAHAHAH

CSC

PS HAHAHAHAHAHA

PPS Yeah, dude, you should get your money back. That's not fair at all.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:10 PM
actually, I WAS replenishing funds AS I was all in. As soon as the hand was over, I was yanked from the table with no warning whatsoever.

TomCollins
06-02-2005, 01:16 PM
20 rebuys, nice. I would send them a thank you for saving you money for being an idiot.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:18 PM
man, I wish this forum had a killfile.

CardSharpCook
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this thread absolutely hilarious, but to save yourself further embarrassment, yes, you can delete your post. View your original post and then click the edit button.

CSC

PS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
AHHAHAHAHAHAH
HHAHAHAHAHA

meow_meow
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Look on the bright side, this most likely saved you $20-40.

kyro
06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Look on the bright side, this most likely saved you $200-400.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Got a rather condescending and dictatorial email back from them directing me to a url which answered neither question I asked.

I'm not saying 20 rebuys wasn't a bit much, but if it was 20 or 3 rebuys, it's the same f ucking issue.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Look on the bright side, this most likely saved you $200-400.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, I was 4 minutes from the rebuy period's end. 20 rebuys over an hour (I was all in eleven times, 0 wins) isn't that much.

kyro
06-02-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Got a rather condescending and dictatorial email back from them directing me to a url which answered neither question I asked.

I'm not saying 20 rebuys wasn't a bit much, but if it was 20 or 3 rebuys, it's the same f ucking issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound like Stars was cheating you out of your money. Don't you think they'd WANT you to keep depositing?

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this thread absolutely hilarious, but to save yourself further embarrassment, yes, you can delete your post. View your original post and then click the edit button.

CSC

PS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
AHHAHAHAHAHAH
HHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, at least I know who my enemies are in this forum. Thanks for your support.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound like Stars was cheating you out of your money. Don't you think they'd WANT you to keep depositing?

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue, to clarify, is that I was buying more checks at the cashier and as soon as my all in hand was over, I wasn't given even a second to rebuy before my seat was taken out from under me.

Chief911
06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Did most of you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Quit being such aholes to this guy.

While silly to not have a sufficient amount in your account before it started, seems fairly legitimate if they didnt give you the 60 second time-out.

/shrug.

Nick

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did most of you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Quit being such aholes to this guy.

While silly to not have a sufficient amount in your account before it started, seems fairly legitimate if they didnt give you the 60 second time-out.

/shrug.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I suppose I wasn't really thinking I'd be in for more than $200.

Pat Southern
06-02-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

/shrug.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, first of all, when playing the allin game, I've seen people lose a lot more than $200, its not their fault that they lost every 60/40, 80/20, 50/50, 20/80... no matter how poorly one plays, its a pretty big anomoly to lose 10 straight allins. Second of all, although $200 isn't very much in the grand scheme of one's career, I'm sure the OP isn't feeling that great right now, and really doesn't need some [censored] telling him what a dumbass he is because he dropped 200. There's a lot better posts to rag on than this one. If you really feel like being a dick, look for anything like "Should I fold KK here," "Bad Play or just Bad Beat"...

Edit: remember it could be worse, you could feel like Sossman right now.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

/shrug.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, first of all, when playing the allin game, I've seen people lose a lot more than $200, its not their fault that they lost every 60/40, 80/20, 50/50, 20/80... no matter how poorly one plays, its a pretty big anomoly to lose 10 straight allins. Second of all, although $200 isn't very much in the grand scheme of one's career, I'm sure the OP isn't feeling that great right now, and really doesn't need some [censored] telling him what a dumbass he is because he dropped 200. There's a lot better posts to rag on than this one. If you really feel like being a dick, look for anything like "Should I fold KK here," "Bad Play or just Bad Beat"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Pat. I suppose the lesson here is always have at least 30x the buyin before starting a rebuy tourney. Just in case.

A_PLUS
06-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I once lost 75 dollars, playing a UB 3$ RA, satelite.

Awesome time.

dmk
06-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Do you have the auto rebuy option on? That might have been the problem. It tried to auto-rebuy, you didn't have the funds, so the tourney ended for you.

Just a thought.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have the auto rebuy option on? That might have been the problem. It tried to auto-rebuy, you didn't have the funds, so the tourney ended for you.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope....just checked it and it was off. Thanks though...good to know that there's that available.

CardSharpCook
06-02-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

/shrug.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, Nick, this is funny. Guy spends $200 on a rebuy tourney then wants his money back because he ran out of money? As for you, BestCaller, have a sense of humor about your post. You should realize by now how silly your post was. I do hope you don't consider me an "enemy" now. I found this thread homurous, but not in a malicious way. No hard feelings?

CSC

TomCollins
06-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah, it's like a live tournament where you are trying to rebuy and run out of bills. You tell them "Stop the tournament, I need to run to the bank!!!!!!"

If you don't have any money to rebuy, its extremely reasonable for them to not let you rebuy. How much time do they normally give you to rebuy? 30 seconds? less? It isn't reasonable to think you could rebuy in this amount of time. Maybe it can be done, who knows. You are an idiot for not having enough money in your account to rebuy anyway, and expecting to do this in 30 seconds.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's like a live tournament where you are trying to rebuy and run out of bills. You tell them "Stop the tournament, I need to run to the bank!!!!!!"

If you don't have any money to rebuy, its extremely reasonable for them to not let you rebuy. How much time do they normally give you to rebuy? 30 seconds? less? It isn't reasonable to think you could rebuy in this amount of time. Maybe it can be done, who knows. You are an idiot for not having enough money in your account to rebuy anyway, and expecting to do this in 30 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every transaction at the cashier I've made at Stars has taken less than 60 seconds.

As has been said, I was supposed to be given at least 60 seconds to rebuy.

I suppose I should ignore all posts from you from now on, because the "idiot" tag is mutual.

yvesaint
06-02-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every transaction at the cashier I've made at Stars has taken less than 60 seconds.

I suppose I should ignore all posts from you from now on, because the "idiot" tag is mutual.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from the guy whose tag from now on is "rebought 10 times and ran out of a bankroll to rebuy again". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is coming from the guy whose tag from now on is "rebought 10 times and ran out of a bankroll to rebuy again". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ran out of bankroll? Where did I ever say that? I said that I was out of money I had at Stars. You guys seem to be under the impression that my entire bankroll was invested at one website. No. It is spread out among four websites and live games. I just started playing at Stars last week. I had bought in for just a couple hundred to feel my way around. I felt going in that $200 was probably enough for the tournament, and based on my experience with paradise poker, where I've been able to COMFORTABLY do a cashier transaction before being timed out of a rebuy tourney, didn't sweat doing that.

meow_meow
06-02-2005, 03:05 PM
I don't worry about the number of rebuys you made - [censored] happens.
I think it would have been prudent, however, to refill a bit earlier, back when you had say 40-50 left. I understand your frustration, but it is a bit unreasonable to be angry at stars here.

bestcellar
06-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Sweet [censored] redemption. 2nd/288 in the $50 NL in the afternoon. All is well again.

buck_thunder
06-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Dude - you need to stop playing - or rather i mean keep playing - just come to where i play. I played in a $10 rebuy yesterday and got 4th ($1600) with no rebuy or add-on. But all the idiots doing 20 rebuys sweetened the prize pool a lot and i would venture to say none of them made the final table. So - come on in the water is fine and i need some more money. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dr_Colossus
06-03-2005, 05:27 AM
20 rebuys in the 10+1 rebuy on PokerStars is not all that much. I played this a number of weeks ago and one guy at our table rebought 52 times and I don't think this is any kind of record. It was a hilarious table and there were alot of railbirds commenting on his play. As it tunred out he would have to come 7th to break even. Think he finished around 17th getting something back though.
Anyone ever come across a higher number or rebuys in a simialr rebuy tournament?

boondockst
06-03-2005, 05:35 AM
If they allowed this, every other person who busted and had no money on the site would make the whole table wait 60 seconds before his client finally timed out.

meow_meow
06-03-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude - you need to stop playing - or rather i mean keep playing - just come to where i play. I played in a $10 rebuy yesterday and got 4th ($1600) with no rebuy or add-on. But all the idiots doing 20 rebuys sweetened the prize pool a lot and i would venture to say none of them made the final table. So - come on in the water is fine and i need some more money. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you'd taken the add-on you would have won.

TomCollins
06-05-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
20 rebuys in the 10+1 rebuy on PokerStars is not all that much. I played this a number of weeks ago and one guy at our table rebought 52 times and I don't think this is any kind of record. It was a hilarious table and there were alot of railbirds commenting on his play. As it tunred out he would have to come 7th to break even. Think he finished around 17th getting something back though.
Anyone ever come across a higher number or rebuys in a simialr rebuy tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rebuying 52 times is highly -EV. And yes, everyone who thinks this "push every hand" strategy makes these tournaments great. The last time I played in one, we had two players rebuy at least 20 times each. This also meant that 3 of us at the table were in the top 5 in the entire tournament.

But that being said, this strategy is highly overrated.

MrBrightside
06-05-2005, 11:21 AM
holy rebuys, batman... maybe I need to start playing rebuy tourneys. That's a lot of dead money. I can't imagine a circumstance that would cause me to rebuy more than three times.