PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Tightness? IRS Refund Checks?

canis582
06-02-2005, 12:26 PM
So is the quality of online poker tables going to dip a bit during the summer months? I was never a serious online player before this winter, but it looks like the number of tables is down.

Also, the IRS refund checks should be coming out soon. Some people put them in their retirement accounts and others treat them as found money to be spent freely. Does anyone think the number of whales will increase for awhile?

MrVanDresen
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
man you are reaching

swolfe
06-02-2005, 02:22 PM
yeah, i noticed it too. i'm theorizing that it's a lack of poker addicted college students who are playing rather than studying.

up until the first week of may there were always at least 6 $400PL tables going on party, then, suddenly, nothing. i haven't seen more than two of those games going on (even over the weekend) in about a month.

i got my IRS refund about 3 months ago.

TemetNosce
06-02-2005, 02:41 PM
It's all about an influx of college students that are now out of school (or not studying much). Nothing, IMO, to do with IRS refunds. Many get their checks quickly now because of electronic filing.

sfwusc
06-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe it is the increase in college student sharks multitabling?

Still....i dont think the limit holdem games are that much tougher.

-SFWUSC

TemetNosce
06-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Agreed. On both points. I have not seen any noticeable difference in the games in the past couple of weeks. Party is Party is Party....