PDA

View Full Version : low suited connectors vs low unsuited connectors vs low pairs

diebitter
06-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Anyone done any maths/stats on the associated probabilities of
flopping trips when holding low pairs compared to a 4-draw when playing lower 0 and 1-gappers (suited and/or unsuited)?

I seem to do pretty well with suited connectors in Loose-Passive/Slightly Aggressive games, whilst pairs don't really help me that much as they seem to convert to trips rarely (seems much less than the stated probability of 7.5/1, but that might be perception...)

I wondered if there's any articles that anyone has come across about the relative value of these. I'm wondering whether to start playing unsuited connectors, as most of my wins tend to be straights anyway. 1-gappers are particularly good for me, as the villains often don't see the straight coming at all!

eg yesterday, held 75s in late, flopped T64 (rainbow), and turn brought a trey, river a 6, noone seemed to believe a straight was even a remote possibility...

AaronBrown
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Sure. There are 19,600 different flops. 48 of them will convert your pair to four of a kind, another 2,256 will give you three of a kind.

1,920 flops will convert connectors to an open-ended straight draw, 256 of them will give you the straight. This assumes the connectors do not include 2, 3, Q, K or A, which have reduced straight possibilities.