PDA

View Full Version : GF issue, need advice immediately

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
ok, so my gf wants me to take a cab over there. we are supposed to go to the beach in 1 hour 45 minutes. Is it worth it? Also I am drunk and will probably get yelled at if I show up in this condition, but I told her I would show up there. Which is worse, showing up drunk or not showing after I said I would and waiting for her to come get me.

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Tell her you called a cab, but it hasn't showed up so she should come get you.

CCass
06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Showing up drunk is better than not showing up at all.

jackdaniels
06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tell her you called a cab, but it hasn't showed up so she should come get you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is wise.

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that too. My former employer thought otherwise.

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that too. My former employer thought otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

same with mine. ok, i shall call say i called a cab. however, when she gets me she is going to know i'm drunk anyway. is this still the correct option? fwiw a cab would cost roughly 40$ to get there. it's now t-minus 1hr 30min before beach time and i pulled an all nighter with my friends. shiiiiit

HesseJam
06-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Why don't you tell her that you pulled the all-nighter? Throw in a "Sorry", some "Honey"'s and "I love you"'s and you'll be fine!

thatpfunk
06-02-2005, 10:06 AM
You know the answer to this buster: cocaine.

thatpfunk
06-02-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you tell her that you pulled the all-nighter? Throw in a "Sorry", some "Honey"'s and "I love you"'s and you'll be fine!

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have never had a girlfriend shouldn't give girlfriend advice.

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
same with mine. ok, i shall call say i called a cab. however, when she gets me she is going to know i'm drunk anyway. is this still the correct option? fwiw a cab would cost roughly 40$ to get there. it's now t-minus 1hr 30min before beach time and i pulled an all nighter with my friends. shiiiiit

[/ QUOTE ]

You could just not answer the phone and say your alarm didn't go off to wake you up?

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 10:12 AM
the problem with this is that i talked to her 3 hours ago and said "see you soon, the cab is on its way" knowing full well i didn't want to take (pay for a [censored]) cab. I suppose i will just spend cab money on dinner/shopping making up for it though.

HesseJam
06-02-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have never had a girlfriend shouldn't give girlfriend advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, right! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You know, there are some boy/girl configurations possible without the boy being the "Whipped Guy". But I guess deep down your heart you knew that already.

poker-penguin
06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Get drunk. Then call her...

oh wait, that's pretty much what already happened and now you need help picking up the pieces.

there's another OOT one liner that seems appropriate here. I'll let others elaborate.

But yeah, I'd suck it up and pay for a cab, if necessary claiming that the first one didn't show up. You're going to be in enough crap for showing up drunk and hungover, don't make it worse for yourself.

bisonbison
06-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Try not to be a drunken tool.

afk
06-02-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buster where the hell do you live? It's almost 11 am here and you're drunk already?

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, "I could not help myself. It is my nature."

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Buster where the hell do you live? It's almost 11 am here and you're drunk already?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's more like "I'm drunk still"

Shajen
06-02-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, so my gf wants me to take a cab over there. we are supposed to go to the beach in 1 hour 45 minutes. Is it worth it? Also I am drunk and will probably get yelled at if I show up in this condition, but I told her I would show up there. Which is worse, showing up drunk or not showing after I said I would and waiting for her to come get me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buster,

take the cab over there. Yeah, you're drunk, but its not like you're going to work or anything, it's the beach man.

Lay there in the sun and get some sleep.

Maybe I don't understand something? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

afk
06-02-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's more like "I'm drunk still"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahaha atta boy. Much better.

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Buster,

take the cab over there. Yeah, you're drunk, but its not like you're going to work or anything, it's the beach man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one, it's an Oregon beach, aka no sun. Plus by now its t-minus 30 minuted until supposed takeoff. God dammit, maybe I will just come clean. She is the homie, that's for sure but shi[/i]t, I wouldn't have a damn thing to say if she is pissed.

Shajen
06-02-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Buster,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one, it's an Oregon beach, aka no sun. Plus by now its t-minus 30 minuted until supposed takeoff. God dammit, maybe I will just come clean. She is the homie, that's for sure but shi[/i]t, I wouldn't have a damn thing to say if she is pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that makes a little more sense. Ok, here's the game plan. Fess up. Tell her you will make it up to her. She's gonna get pissed, and she's correct to do so, assuming the beach trip was pre-planned before you got drunk.

What you do is this:

Let her bitch you out, then go crawl in bed and get some sleep. Later this evening, grab a shower, put on some nice clothes, get some flowers, drive over there and take her out to a nice dinner. Be attentive, and make sure she understands you're trying to make it up to her for your previous gaffe.

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Whatever you do make sure you post pics.

1800GAMBLER
06-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Man your girlfriend must be uptight if this has you worried.

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She has me worried becuase she is classy and I'm a huge [censored]-up who earns his rep once again. I do not want to make her very mad.

rusellmj
06-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't think we have enough information. Was this trip to the beach planned?

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She has me worried becuase she is classy and I'm a huge [censored]-up who earns his rep once again. I do not want to make her very mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make it up to her by posting more pics of her nekkid on here. We'll tell her how great she lloks so she'll feel better.

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Yea I was pleased that most everyone thought she was hot. This is my future wife if I ever get a decent job that isn't gambling.

Alobar
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Which is worse, showing up drunk or not showing after I said I would and waiting for her to come get me, or posing this question on OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

dr. klopek
06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the problem with this is that i talked to her 3 hours ago and said "see you soon, the cab is on its way" knowing full well i didn't want to take (pay for a [censored]) cab. I suppose i will just spend cab money on dinner/shopping making up for it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. You're as good as owned.

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey, good FYP. Like dude, you totally rock, I'm so glad you added your insight here. Surely I didn't make the urgency clear in the topic, and they way you subtly called me an idiot was genious. Please make an entire gimmick account dedicated to FYP. Oh wait...

asofel
06-02-2005, 11:21 AM
hahaha....ever since the 'all you say is pooper' calling out, you've really come with some good stuff...

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 11:22 AM
The clear answer is to post her phone number so your fellow ootiots can call and explain the situation to her, allowing you to not have to face her until you're sober.

Alobar
06-02-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, good FYP. Like dude, you totally rock, I'm so glad you added your insight here. Surely I didn't make the urgency clear in the topic, and they way you subtly called me an idiot was genious. Please make an entire gimmick account dedicated to FYP. Oh wait...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I was just going to go with the whole "this post is really stupid, I like how you bitch about how OOT sucks, and then you post the same lame content everyone else bitches about, anohter stupid drunken GF question (and not even a very good one)", but then I realized Im lazy, and you're a pretty smart guy, so you'd prolly get the message I was trying to impart. So I decided a simple FYP would work. Guess I was wrong. I apologize

Shajen
06-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Buster,

You need to stop posting here and call her dude. The longer you go, the more pissed off she's gonna be.

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha....ever since the 'all you say is pooper' calling out, you've really come with some good stuff...

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boris
06-02-2005, 11:43 AM
you better show up and its not even close.

RunDownHouse
06-02-2005, 11:56 AM
For a shorter version of Jake's story:

A woman was walking around and saw a snake. She picked it up and carried it for a while, believing it would be grateful and nice and not bite her. Then it bit her. Crying, she asked, "Why did you bite me?" The snake replied, "Bitch, you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 11:56 AM
alobar, why do u think i am smart.

tbach24
06-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm glad I decided to read that story, it was goot.

crownjules
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Does she talk to your friends much? If so, you need to fess up. There would be nothing worse then you hiding this and then she later finds out from your friends that you just got drunk with them and blew off your premade plans. Women do not appreciate their plans being blown off, and it is infinitely worse when you lie about it and are found out.

Even if she doesn't, I'd still consider fessing up. If she means as much to you as you say, she deserves the truth and not a cop out lie.

BusterStacks
06-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Yea I'm considering just fessing up. She does not know my friends but I need to be honest I think.

tbach24
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
It's been 3 hours even though you said 1.5 hours till you went...did you blow her off? I think that was the worst option. Even worse than hiring a body double to go.

InchoateHand
06-02-2005, 12:31 PM
http://img33.echo.cx/img33/7083/dynasty5lc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

jakethebake
06-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Maybe cnfzzd has some advice for you?

Pocket Trips
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe cnfzzd has some advice for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Beermoney? I hear he's quite charming with women

CardSharpCook
06-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't care what other people say, I find these thread absolutely hilarious. Keep 'em coming. But try to include more pics next time. We need to know the woman we're dealing with. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

B00T
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Your posts indicate you are not that drunk at all. Either that or just an amazing hammered typer. If you made all of these posts you could of just gotten the cab and gotten there already.

Get off your ass, dont be lazy and show this girl you actually give a [censored] about her if she means as much to you as you say she does.

It's things like this if you end up getting dumped you are gonna look back on and be like "God, why was I such an OOTiot"

masse75
06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Tell her you're hanging out with Big Steve.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-02-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you tell her that you pulled the all-nighter? Throw in a "Sorry", some "Honey"s and "I love you"s and you'll be fine!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the right answer
unless she's crazy or
you're an alcoholic
which in either case,
it doesn't matter what you do
you're screwed anyway.

Gamblor
06-02-2005, 07:44 PM
They used to tell us that story as a way to explain why the Arab governments did what they did.

More on topic, i suggest a "I just puked, must have eaten some bad eggs for breakfast."

gorie
06-02-2005, 08:30 PM
use her toothbrush.

mostsmooth
06-02-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fwiw a cab would cost roughly 40$ to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]
cant you rent a car these days for like $30 a day?

tbach24
06-02-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
use her toothbrush.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then she'd be grossified !

gorie
06-02-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
use her toothbrush.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then she'd be grossified !

[/ QUOTE ]
what's gross about that ?

tbach24
06-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Holy crap...there's nothing I could really put there that would come even close to good.

My brain hurts.