PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush on a paired board

edge
06-02-2005, 05:22 AM
I've been stealing a lot of pots on the flop, mostly in position. Villain is loose preflop and I saw him call down a preflop raiser with AK overcards. He's not a great player.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($934.2)
SB ($419.55)
Hero ($600)
UTG ($219.4)
MP ($561)
CO ($1183.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $6, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($18) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, Button folds, SB calls $14.

Turn: ($46) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

River: ($60) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $55</font>, Hero...

Final Pot: $170

The Antagonizer
06-02-2005, 05:39 AM
given the size of the bets he's made, I can't think he pealed off and hit a 2 outter. Being that you have a 6 makes me a little more confident you're not looking at 66, too. Looks to me like he's either a) afraid of the turn card or b) just flushed out. My guess is you're up against KXhh or maybe KhJx

edge
06-02-2005, 05:42 AM
So raise, fold, or call it here?

captZEEbo1
06-02-2005, 05:51 AM
raise here would be bad, IMO. Calling is fine, as I've seen people with trip Jacks get frisky in this situation, realizing they're slowplay went to hell, and want someone with like 6/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif to fold.

Chris Piekarski
06-02-2005, 05:51 AM
It's difficult because there was no preflop action, so he could have any two cards, and no matter what he has it looks like he played it badly. His bet on the turn makes me think that he has a J with a flush draw..I imagine most made boats would give you rope and check. He can't have J8 because he would've bet more on the turn without a flush draw. Raising is still out of the question, but I would call and expect to see QJ or KJ.

The Antagonizer
06-02-2005, 05:55 AM
raise whatever you judge he can call with Kh. Your plan to a reraise depends completely on your read of him postflop; you can't gather how nutty he would get river wise here just by his history of marrying AK. I'd slow down to a reraise, but can't see ever folding here w/o a strong read, even to a possible push it's iffy. His turn play really throws me for a loop to be honest, the underbet makes me throw 97hh right out the window, but if he's really bad who knows. I raise and if he reraises I call. If I'm beat I chalk it up to a worthy pay off, but given how this hand was played I think you're good. Can you PM me the results?

edit: I'm sorry, for some reason I took this as a raised pot PF, my apologies. Now I'm afraid he filled on turn, scrap that whole plan. I call river.

edge
06-02-2005, 06:00 AM
I thought he had trip Jacks for sure, or possibly a boat. I'm kind of surprised that no one advocates folding, because as I clicked call, I thought to myself that a better player would be able lay it down.

thabadguy
06-02-2005, 06:19 AM
I dont see a fold here, nor a raise really .You think he would call a raise with trips with 4 hearts on board? He would probably fold a K high flush too, IMO. I think a call here is the best option. The turn play really pisses me off, I would want to raise turn but since he can get married to his cards like u said, a call isnt too horrible.
I dont see a boat here enough times to advocate a fold.
If this was a live game, I'd wanna smack him right across the face for the turn bet!