PDA

View Full Version : I want my [censored] AOL cancelled.

Jeff W
06-02-2005, 04:24 AM
I just called up AOL to cancel my account(I was using it as free dial-up for a week until I got cable internet) and they told me a bunch of bullshit about how their systems are down and then they took down my information and told me they would cancel my account if my information matched their records. The guy I talked to struggled to converse in English and argued vociferously that I should keep my account so I have to assume they will fail to cancel my account.

Should I send a friend e-mail to TOSAdvisor, TOSGeneral and Steve Case expressing my displeasure with their failure to cancel my account in a timely manner? I don't want a charge to show up on my CC bill.

jason_t
06-02-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just called up AOL to cancel my account(I was using it as free dial-up for a week until I got cable internet) and they told me a bunch of bullshit about how their systems are down and then they took down my information and told me they would cancel my account if my information matched their records. The guy I talked to struggled to converse in English and argued vociferously that I should keep my account so I have to assume they will fail to cancel my account.

Should I send a friend e-mail to TOSAdvisor, TOSGeneral and Steve Case expressing my displeasure with their failure to cancel my account in a timely manner? I don't want a charge to show up on my CC bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1887096&ne werval=25&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodypre v=#Post1887096).

Jeff W
06-02-2005, 06:25 AM
According to their phone support my account is cancelled effective at the end of the billing cycle. I can still login to my account, so I am tempted to commit Account suicide to ensure that they don't have second thoughts.

jason_t
06-02-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
According to their phone support my account is cancelled effective at the end of the billing cycle. I can still login to my account, so I am tempted to commit Account suicide to ensure that they don't have second thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is account suicide?

Jeff W
06-02-2005, 06:29 AM
Although it's hard to get an account cancelled, it is fairly easy to get an account terminated.

example:

To: TOSAdvisor
Subject: Go [censored] yourself.
Message: [censored] you TOSAdvisor. I [censored] your [censored] mother you son of a whore.

TOSAdvisor doesn't take kindly to that sort of thing.