PDA

View Full Version : Party 11s - LVL 1, Draw hand, am I noob?

igotBlackJak
06-02-2005, 03:14 AM
***** Hand History for Game 2141917111 *****
NL Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:12738325 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Thursday, June 02, 02:58:02 EDT 2005
Table Table 11234 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 8: Casey_Kucera ( $1400 )
Seat 4: igotBLACKJAK ( $725 )
Seat 6: Master_VJ ( $1190 )
Seat 10: CRZWraith ( $655 )
Seat 1: Holei1 ( $195 )
Seat 5: dollarcab ( $655 )
Seat 2: lequaf ( $740 )
Seat 3: jonnykdog ( $915 )
Seat 7: phillyboy777 ( $1525 )
Trny:12738325 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to igotBLACKJAK [ Ah Jh ]
dollarcab calls [15].
Master_VJ raises [45].
phillyboy777 calls [45].
Casey_Kucera folds.
CRZWraith folds.
Holei1 folds.
lequaf folds.
jonnykdog folds.
igotBLACKJAK calls [30].
>You have options at Table 39773 Table!.
dollarcab calls [30].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6c, Kh, Td ]
igotBLACKJAK bets [50].
dollarcab raises [100].
Master_VJ calls [100].
phillyboy777 folds.
igotBLACKJAK calls [50].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
igotBLACKJAK checks.
dollarcab bets [150].
Master_VJ calls [150].
igotBLACKJAK calls [150].
** Dealing River ** [ Qd ]
igotBLACKJAK checks.

Ok question time. I am new to posting but will try my best. I have no real reads yet so early in this 10/1 at party. My questions are as follows:

Besides folding preflop, is there an error in my play on this hand?

I am a sucker for AXs and limp on them all but recently I learned the math on this in STT's is a bad play.

I think the call from SB is ok and would probably make this everytime.

I like to bet good drawing hands, especially If I am first to act. Am I stupid?

Calling the re-raise of the flop was my first real decision in this hand, what do you think?

As for the turnbet, I am clueless on math, but I figured to have 7 outs here, 3 aces and the 4 queens. Was this a bad assumption? Given this info, was it a correct call?

Thanks for input and any suggestions on how to post better plz add them as well...

iMsoLucky0
06-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Fold preflop. Seriously, AJ is a terrible hand in a multiway raised pot.

Check/fold the flop. You have nothing but a gutshot here. The odds of you hitting an ace and it being good are very slim. This pot is not worth betting at, and with the texture of this flop you will get called or raised more than not here. After getting raised (and not RE-RAISED like you said), just fold. You are still drawing to 4 outs.

Check/fold turn - same as flop.

Bet as much as you think they will call on the river. If it is me, I probably bet 300 and hope someone moves in on me with KQ. If you think they are bad (or their hand is so strong) enough to call an allin bet then by all means bet allin.

But seriously, you need to reevaluate your SNG strategy if you regularly make plays like these. You should be playing way tighter early.

flopquints
06-02-2005, 03:28 AM
ja just check fold the the flop. this hand is not good drawing hand at..bout 8 percent to hit a straight, except your opponents are almost certainly holding or folding some of those cards, looking at the flop. forget it.

DasLeben
06-02-2005, 04:34 AM
Fold preflop.

Betting a gutshot into a field of players is a great way to dump chips. The only excuse for making this play is if you have a girl in your lap and need to leave. No exceptions.

Oh, and are you getting the necessary 10.5:1 on the flop call to peel off another? No. Fold.

pergesu
06-02-2005, 05:04 AM
Yes you are a n00b. You have a hand that's crappy behind a raise and caller, and on top of that have no position.

You said you like to bet good draws on the flop. There aren't a whole lot of "good draws" in NL tourneys. A gutshot most certainly is not a good draw.

You had three spots to get out of this hand, should have taken them all.

And in case Nick B see this...the three spots are preflop, on the flop, and on the turn. I do not advocate folding the river when you have the nuts. In fact I would even go so far as to value bet.

XxPenguinxX
06-02-2005, 05:18 AM
This isn't a good drawing hand! If there were two hearts on board, this might be a good play - people would have a hard time putting you on a draw if your heart hit on the turn, and you'd probably get action.

But a gutshot straight and runner-runner flush draw is a weak draw - the only time to take off a card here is if its checked round! Plus, you've little to no chance of winning this on the spot with your probe bet.

Fold, fold, fold.

CWolf
06-02-2005, 05:24 AM
No errors at all.

tigerite
06-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Fold preflop, the very fact you only have $725 already is a sure sign you're playing too loose

gh9801
06-02-2005, 05:31 AM
Fold preflop, fold flop, fold turn

iMsoLucky0
06-02-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No errors at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really made me laugh out loud. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MastiffPaul
06-02-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, fold flop, fold turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, you have to take into consideration how folding on every street will impact your table image.

Karak567
06-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Just click the "post blinds and fold" option.

igotBlackJak
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
thanks for replies

RobGW
06-02-2005, 12:22 PM
When the flop comes KT6 and you have 3 players behing you, one of which raised, do you really think they are going to fold for $50. No way would I bet into them with only a gutshot. If it was heads up maybe I would though. The numbers of opponents makes a big difference as well as the fact that you have the raiser behind you. And the flop is likely to have hit one of them. Also, your A outs are garbage. Quit thinking that way immediately. You have 4 outs to the str8. That's it. And you don't have the odds to continue. Now as it happens, you got lucky and caught your srt8 so bet it big on the river.

gildwulf
06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
OK,

You've already gotten the 3rd degree for

1) not folding preflop
2) not folding on the flop
3) betting on the flop
4) betting on the flop into a field of opponents with a gutshot

If you are going to bet in any situation, don't bet 50 chips into a 165 chip pot. It screams weakness and demands a reraise.

Cheers,
Zach

igotBlackJak
06-02-2005, 01:02 PM
again thanks.

I prefaced by saying I was new. Criticize and mock all you want, it is probably all useful to my development in some sick twisted kinda way.

more to come...

kyro
06-02-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
more to come...

[/ QUOTE ]

On a side note, awesome attitude. Though, I'm fairly disappointed you're nothing like theredpill. I was in the mood to have some random person come in here swearing up a storm because we criticized his (very /images/graemlins/wink.gif) bad play.

igotBlackJak
06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
as I said, more to come... I just got pokertracker and uploaded the 250 SNG's i've played the past 2 months... I am freaking amazed...

I gotta figure out how to post a pokertracker report...

still more otw..

Depalma
06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
From one newbie to another, I am impressed that you were able to focus on what you knew was bad play and not get blinded by results oriented. There are others out there who when that Queen fell would have declared themselves to be the next coming of Gus Hansen. I'm sure you are going to learn quickly and improve while these Gus wannabees will be providing you your profit in the future.