PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Poker Account Frozen

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 02:44 AM
I opened an account with at AP about 2 months ago. I took all my money out and reloaded on may 23 2005, and was playing off a bonus. I started playing .1/.25 NL ring games and moved up to 2/4 NL over the weeks and was doing pretty well. If you haven't played there, the players are generally loose. There aren't many players, so you tend to see the same people and can quickly determine who the tighter players are. Then a few days ago I was locked out of my account. There is no phone support and after an email inquiry, they sent me this:

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us; it is a pleasure to be of your assistance.

Regarding your previous message, please note that we checked your
account and found that it is linked to other accounts that performed
fraudulent or illegal activities at our site, and due to this reason we take
the decision to close your account.

While we appreciate your participation at our tables, we have observed
that your behavior has not been the appropriate for other players at
the tables.

Absolute Poker is building a community that provides an enjoyable
atmosphere for people who want to play (or learn to play) the game of poker.
Absolute Poker cannot allow your behaviour at our tables.

We hope that you understand our position on this issue.

Sincerely,

Team Absolute ~ Security & Fraud Control
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"

I am really confused with their response. I can't
tell if it is a generic response or if it is directed
specifically at me. They seem to think that I was
cheating or misbehaving or affiliated with other known cheaters.
I do not know what triggered this and why they think
that I was involved in "fraudulent activity". Their
support is indirect and unclear. Has anyone else had
any problems like this with Absolute? I had about
$1500 in my account which I will probably never see
again. I am in despair over this and I would greatly
appreciate any advice and experience from others. I
will email them notifying them of this post in hope of
a slim chance that they will look further into this
issue or at least explain the discrepancy with me
directly.

Sully
06-02-2005, 02:51 AM
You can answer this better than we can.....what did you do? Something about the wording of your post tells me that you have a guilty conscience.

Congrats to Absolute, if you ask me.

Nightwish
06-02-2005, 02:52 AM
My BS detector is going off on this one.

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 03:00 AM
what in my post says i have a guilty conscience? i play the game fair and i have nothing to gain on this I already lost my money. just was wondering if i can get some advice.
I dont think its really fair to accuse me for something that they cant really explain?

Stu Pidasso
06-02-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am really confused with their response. I can't
tell if it is a generic response or if it is directed
specifically at me. They seem to think that I was
cheating or misbehaving or affiliated with other known cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send them an email asking them to explain exactly what activity you did that was fraudulent then post their response here.

Stu

Synergistic Explosions
06-02-2005, 03:01 AM
WE all love AP and have never had problems.

WE find it so odd you have problems.

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 03:04 AM
good idea as soon as i get it i will post.

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 03:12 AM
i love ap too and i made some good money there and i cant beleave this happen to me. this is a really wierd explaination from them.

EdgyOne
06-02-2005, 03:21 AM

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 03:43 AM
But they cant explain what i was involed in doing? I withdrew all my money last month and i reloaded to get a bonus on may 23 and 8 days later they froze my account and they cant tell me why?

beanburrito
06-02-2005, 03:56 AM
You're all cheaters. You all take my money and I don't know how. I am a good player. All of you must be cheating.

pzhon
06-02-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're all cheaters. You all take my money and I don't know how. I am a good player. All of you must be cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Sorry. Come play again and we'll give it all back.

Degen
06-02-2005, 04:13 AM
sounds like you were caught cheating dude

did you and some friends try to collude perhaps?

Andre

Degen
06-02-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But they cant explain what i was involed in doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO MCFLY!

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING!

[ QUOTE ]
we checked your
account and found that it is linked to other accounts that performed
fraudulent or illegal activities at our site. we have observed
that your behavior has not been the appropriate for other players at
the tables.

Absolute Poker cannot allow your behaviour at our tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that help you understand? Phucking cheater!

Andre

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 04:52 AM
no, i dont no really whats going on man. this sucks!

cassette
06-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Phone them. $1500 is worth a phone call. Hell, if that was my money I'd be banging on the CEO's front door.

Stu Pidasso
06-02-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does that help you understand? Phucking cheater!

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Andre,

If they're going to seize $1500 they should give him a specific and detailed explaination. Its important not for the sake of the cheater but for the poker sites own integrity.

Stu

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 05:38 AM
I couldnt find a phone number for them so im doing the email thing. grrrr. If anyone has a number to give me I would call them

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I just recieved an email from ap and asked them to explain what i did wrong and this is what I recieved back.

Dear player,

Unfortunately we cannot provide any details. We have enough proofs as
to achieve to this decision.

Best regards,

beanburrito
06-02-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Sorry. Come play again and we'll give it all back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't trust you cheaters. Can you just transfer it to my account.

You may suspect him of cheating, but we don't really know. I hope that they never accuse an innocent player, but I'm sure that the poker sites are not completely error free. How would you like it if your funds were seized and no real explanation was given. If you cheated, good for AP and the rest of us non cheaters (I'm the only non cheater I know of). They should at least provide a decent explanation (e.g. You were colluding, you have multiple accounts open, etc.). If you didn't cheat, then that's just scary.

Zetack
06-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I have more money at Absolute than I actually need to play with, I may withdraw the bulk of that.

Hopefully, avoiding the no limit tables will keep anything like that from happening to me. Still, its worrisome, particularly that they won't provide an explanation.

--Zetack

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope that they never accuse an innocent player, but I'm sure that the poker sites are not completely error free. How would you like it if your funds were seized and no real explanation was given.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to reiterate these comments from a different point of view.

Briefly, for different reasons than an accusation of cheating, I have had my entire account blocked by an online poker room for the past three days. I have been honest and forthright about the problem with them, and have not been able to get access despite numerous telephone calls and emails. I have asked for reference to the terms and conditions in my agreement with them to justify their actions and have not been provided an answer.

The poker rooms have the balance of power and they have our money. The only real threat to them seems to be their integrity. However, how is the integrity of the poker room at risk when they mistreat a player, if the community of players will not believe each other when a finger is pointed at the poker room?

Recognizing we all want to trust our online poker rooms, I hope the community of players would stick together when inappropriate actions are taken against a player.

And it seems like some of the posts on this thread place the burden of proof on the player to prove he does not cheat, where it seems to me the actions taken by the poker room need to be justified by the poker room with more specifics than "we have proof."

Synergistic Explosions
06-02-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, how is the integrity of the poker room at risk when they mistreat a player, if the community of players will not believe each other when a finger is pointed at the poker room?

[/ QUOTE ]

The most vocal people on this forum are affiliates, the partners of these poker sites being discussed here.

What do you expect partners to say when something negative is posted about a site they have financial interests in?

To think the posters that are taking the sides of the poker sites in disputes are narrow minded players is a fallacy.

It's all about the 35% most of the time.

grimel
06-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Once again, we have a new poster (8 posts) and another new poster (14 posts) complaining a site has screwed them and oh, we should believe a fellow POKER player.

1) poker players lie in their sleep. Almost as bad as politicians.

2) it's funny these things NEVER happen to the long time posters. If something like this does happens the post is along the lines of "be careful, I got busted at X site doing Y.

3) I play NL over half the time and sit with the same players repeatedly (an have the notes to prove it). I withdraw and redeposit continually.

4) I am NOT an affiliate. I have no stake in this other than as a player.

grimel
06-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Remember we are getting one side of the story and it's from a low post count new body that's only posted in this thread.

Pokeraddict
06-02-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember we are getting one side of the story and it's from a low post count new body that's only posted in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, why is it when someone says "Absolute stole my money" or something like that they have never posted here before until starting that thread?

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Nfinity
06-02-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope that they never accuse an innocent player, but I'm sure that the poker sites are not completely error free. How would you like it if your funds were seized and no real explanation was given.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to reiterate these comments from a different point of view.

Briefly, for different reasons than an accusation of cheating, I have had my entire account blocked by an online poker room for the past three days. I have been honest and forthright about the problem with them, and have not been able to get access despite numerous telephone calls and emails. I have asked for reference to the terms and conditions in my agreement with them to justify their actions and have not been provided an answer.

The poker rooms have the balance of power and they have our money. The only real threat to them seems to be their integrity. However, how is the integrity of the poker room at risk when they mistreat a player, if the community of players will not believe each other when a finger is pointed at the poker room?

Recognizing we all want to trust our online poker rooms, I hope the community of players would stick together when inappropriate actions are taken against a player.

And it seems like some of the posts on this thread place the burden of proof on the player to prove he does not cheat, where it seems to me the actions taken by the poker room need to be justified by the poker room with more specifics than "we have proof."

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear where your coming from, I really do. I also agree with Synergistic Explosion.

I am not an affiliate, but here is my view on the issue as of right now.

What do you want us to do?

Mass Exodus? I agree that to keep them in check we have to stick together on some things, but you are "Some Guy" who is for all I know thousands of miles away, with little to no posting in this forum. Forgive me for not wanting to give up "MY" business interests at that site just because your having some trouble.

Go back a few weeks and you'll find a post where a bunch of players lost their Empire accounts. While it did raise concern, they didn't get much sympathy either.

My advice, do what any high school girl would do when their boyfriend cheats on them, have a bitchfest, except "poker style."

Get your poker buddies together and eat gallons of Ice Cream while watching Rounders and b1tch and moan to them.

Do whatever gets you through, but don't insult my integrity as a member of this Forum by insinuating that I don't care about my fellow posters around here, just because I don't happen to believe you at the drop of a hat.

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 03:11 PM
well i no im new to this but i thought this would never happen to me. i just want people to no what has happend. take it as u wish.

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I got this email from them today after i sent them an email asking them to provide details of what i'v done.

Dear player,

Unfortunately we cannot provide any details. We have enough proofs as
to achieve to this decision.

Best regards,

i cant understand why they cant tell me why they took my money and ran. they say i was linked to some fraud activity but they never said they caught me doing anything wrong? they should give me my money back right?

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 04:58 PM
I never said any site screwed me. I named no poker site. I just advise that in my experience errors do occur and that in my experience my poker site has not done a very good job explaining the actions they have taken under the terms and conditions of the use agreement.

Hence, I do not find it unreasonable for Jah Rasta to expect to be provided with the specific evidence.

"What would you have us do?"

Whatever you think is appropriate. And, yes, as implied, I would hope players would avoid sites where other players have had problems. I was unaware before Synergistic Explosions' post the extent of the partnerships between poker sites and players. But, heh, I'm a newby, right?

Perhaps Jah Rasta is not a reliable source. Apparently frequest posters here have more knowledge and wisdom to answer these sorts of questions. I will just have to be patient and observe, and make my own conclusions on that.

Certainly, no offense was intended towards you Nfinish, but since you haven't posted previously in this thread I don't understand how anything I could have written could been directed towards you by implication or otherwise.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
poker players lie in their sleep. Almost as bad as politicians.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all due respect grimel, then what is the point of this forum? The implication of your statement is that you, I, and everybody else who posts here is a liar, none of us have any credibility and we are all BS'ing each others' socks off.

I don't think you actually meant that, so I'm going to interpret your statement to be a warning to the rest of the members to not take my or Jah Rasta's statements for face value.

LBJ
06-02-2005, 05:09 PM
I find it interesting you incorporated the "small site" factor into your post. I have a feeling you were sitting with players you know and really were cheating.

If you were not cheating, then there would be no reason to include this fact. You're not going to start a " (Insert poker site here) took my money!" thread and talk about how loose their games are and talk about how you know a lot of the players.

Fishy and I straight up don't believe you...

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling you were sitting with players you know and really were cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acknowledging the fact you are likely to be a more experienced player, and poster, than I, I still wonder: your feelings may be near the mark, but is Jah Rasta not entitled to the evidence?

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, why is it when someone says "Absolute stole my money" or something like that they have never posted here before until starting that thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he did cheat and wants to smear the poker room in revenge? Is that the answer you're suggesting?

I ask because I am curious, and would like to hear some more rational for that argument, becuase it seems more bizarre to me than a poker site making an error.

grimel
06-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Again, you are getting one side of this story AND this is the only thread he has been posting. If you look back at the "X site stole my money" threads the vast majority are started by someone with a near zero post count. The posters here play insane numbers of hands at "every site known to man". A goodly number make obscene money doing so. If multiple instances of winning and sitting with the same players was grounds for such action is it reasonable to conclude at least one other person would have had it happen by mistake?

I know I have played the with the same players at multiple limit levels (limit and NL) on Absolute and beat the daylights out of some of the other players. I know for instance if player X is at a table with a way over the max buyin stack it has to be loaded with fish. Why? Because he sucks more than I do! I also know that on Fri/Sat nights I'll be at the same table with 2-3 players before it's over. We might be at a 1/2 limit, a .50/1 limit, and a .50/1 NL tables. Do you think it might get a few looks to see the same 2-3 players sitting at a combination of tables? Do you know why we haven't had any actions taken? Because anyone looking at the hand histories and/or chat knows pretty quickly we are out to make as much $$ as possible and will stack each other at any and every chance and laugh at each others bad beats.

Granted that's only over 30k or so hands at Absolute. At UB I play in a weekly private tourney. I play SNG's and ring games with those same players. Guess what, no actions have been taken. Again, the reason - Brian and Jon have taken a small fortune from me, but I've gotten most of it back from Kevin and Brandon - everyone has taken money from Kevin and Brandon.

Do you see why the OP's story might seem just a bit fishy?

TXTiger
06-02-2005, 05:52 PM
This is so typical of many posters here, and it's pretty sad. So this guy Jah Rasta apparently has had $1500 stolen from him, but nobody cares. Because obviously he must be a cheater, and AP must be correct and justified in stealing his money. Pathetic. He only has ten posts so he must be dishonest.

I hope you get your money back dude, but it sounds like you won't. At least those who might play at AP have been warned.

Jah could be dishonest, but of course we can't know that for sure. But in this forum it's usually guilty until proven innocent, and of course how can you prove your innocence? Meanwhile a group of poker players are willing to look the other way and even blame Jah when his money gets taken by an online site. Which of course could happen to anyone since these sites can do whatever they want to. But this doesn't seem to concern anyone here. Until it happens to you I guess.

I love this part.

"we checked your
account and found that it is linked to other accounts that performed fraudulent or illegal activities at our site, and due to this reason we take the decision to close your account.

While we appreciate your participation at our tables , we have observed that your behavior has not been the appropriate for other players at the tables."

At least they appreciated him for supposedly cheating on their site. And then this.

Dear player,

"Unfortunately we cannot provide any details. We have enough proofs as to achieve to this decision."

So the answer is. No we will not provide you with any details to explain why we have stolen $1500 from you. We can do it so we did. Goodbye and oh yeah thanks for playing. Ludicrous.

If AP has anyone look at these forums they need to have someone chime in and explain this. And they definitly need to provide Jah with an explanation, and a refund. Maybe this is another case of someone winning money from someone who use a stolen credit card to fund their account. We are only talking 1500 here not 25000. If this were some stolen credit card chip dumping scheme building a bankroll up to $1500 over a 2 month period would be a pretty sad scheme. Do you really think if Jah was involved in some illegal activity like stolen credit cards he would be all the way up to $1500 after 2 months. Makes no sense, but you guys are willing to condemn him right off the bat.

These poker rooms are accountable to no one, except to other poker players that can choose not to give a particular room their business. Fast poker just stole 1700 from someone as mentioned on another thread. The fact that other poker players are so apathetic towards this amazes me.

grimel
06-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm not implying anything, I am flat out stating poker players LIE on a regular basis. It is part of the game.

I'm saying Jah Rasta's only posts at 2+2 are in this thread.

I'm saying your posts in this thread (also with a low post count) saying we should stand with a fellow poker player against a site where we have collectivly a few hundred thousand hands without such problems has finger prints of a buddy/clone supporting poster.

I'm saying it's pretty strange it's ALWAYS a low count poster that puts up such posts. And, after this thread is done, he won't post again.

Given we have a few hundred thousand collective hands at Absolute without incidents such as this and the incidents posted by long term posters are of the "Oops, site X busted me with my 1,342 clone accounts - beware" type, the rational conclusion is the new poster (who is only giving one side of the story) might be less than forth coming with the real story (and has included much useless information to "support" his claim of I'm innocent.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Let's say, just for discussion purposes, that a perfectly honest player puts money into a site, plays for awhile, has his account frozen and $ stolen and the site will give no explanation.

Please note that nothing like this has happened to me (yet) but it's possible that it could happen to any of us at any time.

In the (unlikely but possible) event that this happens to YOU, what could/would you do about it???

As a coincidence, I was thinking seriously about opening an account at Absolute; but this thread has sewn the seed of doubt.

I think Mr. Giddyup has made some very good points.

I request that one of you affiliates who's in love with Absolute petition them to respond on this forum so that the real truth will be known. Not doing so is a tacit admission that they are at fault.

Nobody except (possibly) the original poster really knows that's going on here; but I would like to know the truth. Also, the grammar in Absolute"s alleged emails really sucks--are their emails uually like this?

thequiet1
06-02-2005, 06:07 PM
A couple of weeks ago I joined absolute to take advantage of their signup bonus. I deposited $500 and played a few games, but found their software ran terribly on my machine, constantly freezing and requiring restarts, costing me money. All up i played 7 SNG's before I called it quits.

I came to log in about a week later to withdraw my money and can't log into my acount. Upon emailing the cashier I'm told my account is suspended and to email security. After doing so I got the exact same email as in Jah Rasta's first post.

After receiving nonsense reply's i reported them to the gaming commission they are registered under (http://www.hmagc.com/), and related or not I'm not sure, I received more help shortly after. After asking for clarification I was told that "our security system shoots down your Absolute Poker account(s) because it detected an abnormal deposit pattern", a bit rich considering I have deposied once, "and to solve this issue we are kindly asking you to certify your Absolute Poker account by sending the following documents:

1. A clear photocopy of the front side of your Driver’s license.
2. Clear photocopies of the front and back of the following credit card: MasterCard 516319**********.
3. Fill our Agreement Form - attached to this message – with the information from your MasterCard 516319**********"

After informing this guy that I couldn't have developed a pattern of anything after 1 deposit he agreed to reinstate my account without sending the documents and threw in a measly $25 to compensate me, informing me that "it wasn't my account invloved, they are connected to you by IP Address, meaning that you are sharing the same area used to connect to internet"?!? I withdrew my money right away.

grimel
06-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I'll assume you play mostly Party/party skins.

Those emails form support are worded very much like a Party support email. Nothing like an Absolute email. Go look at the emails posted from Empire during the booting of the bonuswhores. Compare that to these Absolute support emails. Do you see the differences in grammer, word selection, and general clarity?

=====

Please be advised that all withdrawal requests first go to the banking department for review and approval. While we strive to process all payouts as quickly as possible, the review process may take up to 48 hours. Please refer to the terms and conditions at www.AbsolutePoker.com (http://www.AbsolutePoker.com) for more information regarding withdrawals.

If you have any further questions regarding this transaction, or if there is anything else we may do for you, please contact Cashier@AbsolutePoker.com.

We will always do everything possible to make sure that you have a great time playing cards with us and that your overall experience at Absolute Poker is paramount.

Sincerely,

Jessica Cooper
Absolute Poker Cashier ~ Team Absolute
"Continuing to be the best and most trusted."

==============================
ello,

Thank you very much for your email.

It is our mission “to be the best and most trusted”, and to meet this goal we know that we need to listen to our players.

We may not be able to personally answer your email, but please rest assured that it will be reviewed by me, the Cardroom Manager, and by our Director of Customer Support. All suggestions, comments and concerns will be addressed.

Please accept our sincere thanks again for helping Absolute Poker become the absolute best place to play poker on the internet!

Ana Cristina
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

==================================

First and foremost, we want to thank you for choosing to play at Absolute Poker! We realize that you have a choice when making the decision to play online poker and we appreciate you selecting Absolute Poker.

This is a friendly reminder to let you know that you currently have $170.00 awaiting release from your Pending Account at Absolute Poker. These pending bonus funds will expire on 2005-06-05 if they have not been converted to your available cash balance by following the steps described below.

Simply play in either our ring games or our tournaments and the funds will be converted as you earn points for playing in raked hands and as you contribute to tournament buy in fees. For each hand that you play in (that is raked $0.25 or more) and for each $1.00 in tournament buy in fee that you pay, you will receive 1 point towards the release of your bonus money. Once you have reached 100 points, $10 will be transferred from your pending bonus account to your available cash balance.

Feel free to email us at Cashier@AbsolutePoker.com if you have any questions regarding this process or the expiration of your funds or if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Good luck at the tables & thank you for playing at Absolute Poker!

Sincerely,

Jessica

Team Absolute ~ Absolute Poker Cashier

===========

Thank you for your email.

I just reported it to the technician's they are working on it, your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Sincerely,

Paola
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

===========

Congratulations! You have successfully received a transfer to your Absolute Poker player account from YYYYY.

Thank you for playing at Absolute Poker.

Sincerely,

Jessica
Team Absolute - Absolute Poker Cashier
Cashier@AbsolutePoker.com

==========

Dear Customer

Do you mean your password?

--Original Message--
Date: 04/29/05
To: support@absolutepoker.com
Subject: AP ID wwww

Where can I find my AP ID number?

Paradigm
06-02-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In the (unlikely but possible) event that this happens to YOU, what could/would you do about it???

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a very good point, and grimel, i am floored that you draw the "rational conclusion" since he's only got a few posts. what would you do if you had a problem? email absolute and be done with it? of course not. you'd make posts to a forum trying to get insight from other players, maybe some who have the same experience.

do you presume that every homeless man begging for money is an alcoholic? that every unwed mother is a vamp? how people can draw conclusions off of -- GET THIS, INTERNET TEXT -- is beyond my belief.

though he might have been cheating, there's a very real possiblity that he wasn't. people start these threads all the time -- how often do we recieve confirmation that someone WASN'T or WAS cheating? not very, and i've checked, but people nontheless still jump on everybody's ass if you're not doing it the 2+2 way. after all, if most of the posters (myself included) follow the rules and don't get frozen accounts, surely this fool is doing something illicit.

unbelievable.

grimel
06-02-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the grammar in Absolute"s alleged emails really sucks--are their emails uually like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch, no they are not. That email is more like a Party support email.

This is an Absolute support email. It actually reads like a native English speaker wrote it:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your email.

It is our mission “to be the best and most trusted”, and to meet this goal we know that we need to listen to our players.

We may not be able to personally answer your email, but please rest assured that it will be reviewed by me, the Cardroom Manager, and by our Director of Customer Support. All suggestions, comments and concerns will be addressed.

Please accept our sincere thanks again for helping Absolute Poker become the absolute best place to play poker on the internet!

Ana Cristina

thequiet1
06-02-2005, 06:19 PM
If you'll read my post then you'll see that A: I received the exact same email from absolute and B: Their corresponence has generally been in less then perfect english. But of course I only have a few posts so I must have been cheating and am lying now too.

I would just like to note that in my above post I have misplaced a quotation, it should read: it wasn't my account invloved, "they are connected to you by IP Address, meaning that you are sharing the same area used to connect to internet"

TXTiger
06-02-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not implying anything, I am flat out stating poker players LIE on a regular basis. It is part of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not playing poker right now. We are having a discussion concerning AP taking this guys money. Do you mean that poker players lie on a regular basis all the time away from the table? Thats the way this reads to me, because you are saying that Jah could easily be lying about this situation citing the fact that he is a poker player as a reason for his lying. Since of course poker payers lie on a regular basis. Thats a pretty bad opinion to have. I guess your opinion of poker players must be pretty low. Maybe you just know a lot of rotten people.

RunDownHouse
06-02-2005, 06:30 PM
FWIW I've been trading emails with their CS for the past two weeks or so, and they have been unusually shitty as far as general presentation goes. Also, although their CS has always been top-notch, I've been trying to resolve a really, really simple, basic issue. For over two weeks. Again, not like them.

That being said, I doubt AP is literally stealing your money. I think its fair to say your $1500 isn't worth it. While it really sucks to have to drag through it, if this is truly just a miscommunication, it will be straightened out sooner or later.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying your posts in this thread (also with a low post count) saying we should stand with a fellow poker player against a site where we have collectivly a few hundred thousand hands without such problems has finger prints of a buddy/clone supporting poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have sought to discuss this matter with you using logical arguments not based upon feelings and intuitions. I find you have some logical arguments and have increased my knowledge on this issue (though I don't necessarily agree with you, I just appreciate getting all the points of view so I can decide for myself).

However, while I may not have the knowledge and experience as you, for you to conclude those who disagree with you are colluding to fool you seems a little strange, and a tad paranoid.

But then again, you believe we are all liars, right? So perhaps your ultra-sensitive suspicions make sense.

Regardless, sorry my friend, Jah Rasta and I are not working together to turn you against AP. In fact, I've never played AP, though I have a never-used account and have no comments on their web site.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 06:40 PM
Grimel, you have obviously put a lot of thought into this and have some good points. However, please allow me flesh out some other issues regaring you argument that the number of hands you and others have played at AP without complaint.

I definately recognize why a newby gets less respect and their statements are more suspect. To that extent, I understand the fishy nature of the story. But the facts you use could be used to support an alternative explanation.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, you are getting one side of this story AND this is the only thread he has been posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point given, like I said. However, why would he go through the trouble? Seems more like he's seeking empathy and support than trying to run players away from AP. Why not go open an account at another site and spend the time running the scam there? If I got busted and I thought I could pull it off, I'd go for it on site B. If I ran out of sites, why choose this one to flame? Why not spend the time working up a new scam instead of publishing to the world you're a considered a cheater.

[ QUOTE ]
If you look back at the "X site stole my money" threads the vast majority are started by someone with a near zero post count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Logically, this argument works both ways. The players playing multitudes of hands have a history of "cheat-free" hands for the site to compare against. Also, a poker site is going to deal more sensitively with a player making them money, than with a passer-through. The newby has no history, he's not making much money for the web site. They're not going to work as hard to correct errors made against that player.

Again, I don't suggest AP has scammed Jah Rasta, I merely suggest alternative explanations.

[ QUOTE ]
If multiple instances of winning and sitting with the same players was grounds for such action is it reasonable to conclude at least one other person would have had it happen by mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Few instances of winning could be interpreted as cheating, especially where a player has no history. A history of play gives the site hands to compare against, to conclude no cheating has occurred. If somebody sits at a site infrequently, and has unlikely results, there is no history to see that, yes, this was just an instance of unlikely results.

Izenra
06-02-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm saying it's pretty strange it's ALWAYS a low count poster that puts up such posts. And, after this thread is done, he won't post again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did some research with the search function and found that you are wro... right! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Most of the time, they are low post and they have done something they thought was legal (like chip dumping).

I saw a few of poster with high number of post, but it's only some temporary closing and they got their funds back.

Poker site are not rigged.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 06:47 PM
I have just sent the following email to AP customer support. I will post the response here if I get one.

Hello--

I am about to open an account on your site.

However, I just noticed a thread on the "Internet Gambling" forum of the 2+2 Forums. In this thread you are accused of locking a player's account for alleged misconduct. When he allegedly asked for details, you allegedly refused to provide any. Then another player chimed in that you did the same thing to him.

Needless to say, this has sown the seed of doubt in my mind. I would like to know if you actually do this type of thing (without adequate explanation).

Also, it would be in your best interests to respond on the forum, if possible. Thank you.

Link: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2534214

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker [sic] site are not rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me just state again I do not think AP or any poker web site is rigged. I am suggesting they make errors and place the burden of proof on the player, such as this:

[ QUOTE ]
After asking for clarification I was told that "our security system shoots down your Absolute Poker account(s) because it detected an abnormal deposit pattern", a bit rich considering I have deposied once, "and to solve this issue we are kindly asking you to certify your Absolute Poker account by sending the following documents:

1. A clear photocopy of the front side of your Driver’s license.
2. Clear photocopies of the front and back of the following credit card: MasterCard 516319**********.
3. Fill our Agreement Form - attached to this message – with the information from your MasterCard 516319**********"

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my experience. An error occurred within the web site software which triggered them to suspect wrongdoing on my part. Before reviewing the evidence, they froze my account. Then, they demanded personal information without providing any justification from the terms and conditions of the use agreemetn for their request or for the actions taken against my account.

The point is poker sites make errors. That the players do not have much leverage in resolving the issues equitably.

grimel
06-02-2005, 06:55 PM
tech support or customer support? AP tech support is a bunch of incompetent boobs. CS does it's best to compenstate. For overall support, Truepoker is the best I've had. Party/empire just sucks since I've been waiting about 5 months now for the first reply to any of 3 emails on opening an account; 2+2 answered my question in about 20min of reading.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then another player chimed in that you did the same thing to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

just want it clear this is not me. i have never used by AP account and have no history there playing or dealing with CS.

Edit: When I said, "this is what happened to me" above I was referring to the fact another web site made a similar request of me. Sorry for any confusion Skinner.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I was referring to thequiet1

grimel
06-02-2005, 07:01 PM
Do you realize this default action (freezing your account) protects everyone? Do you want cheaters running rampant?

Again, if you'll search this forum, you will find a time where AP withdrawls were haywire for SOME people. Upon further review, it was found that a rash of scam artists had hit up AP. This was maybe late April/early May.

They (various sites) want certain documentation if they think some thing fishy is going on to verify you aren't 1 person playing 113 accounts. Again, check the forum, it's happened to a bunch of people playing multiple accounts from one computer (usually a Party skin).

This (internet forum) is called The Zoo for a reason. It's a rude little place that tends toward a proactive response.

AbsolutePRM
06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Dear Sir,

I would be happy to personally address the reason that we have closed your account, and if it was done in error remedy this. Please send me an email with your AP Nickname included and I will review your account.

Regards,

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you realize this default action (freezing your account) protects everyone? Do you want cheaters running rampant?

[/ QUOTE ]

I reluctantly am going to reference a political issue to resopnd to this point. Default freezing of poker accounts without justification pursuant to the terms and conditions of the user agreement makes me feel protected from cheaters about as much as the Patriot Act makes me feel protected against terrorists.

[ QUOTE ]
It's a rude little place that tends toward a proactive response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm a newby, I'm trying not to be viewed as a troll. As you know, I've got only a few posts in my history and anything misinterpreted over the internet seems to lead to drastic resopnses.

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 07:25 PM
my nickname was jah rasta thank you.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Beautiful. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I hope you get a good answer. Fill us in, eh?

Jah Rasta
06-02-2005, 07:31 PM
yes, I will thanks for all the support!! I no im new to this but i soon wont be!!!

grimel
06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grimel, you have obviously put a lot of thought into this and have some good points...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Few instances of winning could be interpreted as cheating, especially where a player has no history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, no, winning isn't the problem. Winning can be shown easily to be the result by looking at hand histories.

From the original post:
[ QUOTE ]
I opened an account with at AP about 2 months ago. I took all my money out and reloaded on may 23 2005, and was playing off a bonus. I started playing .1/.25 NL ring games and moved up to 2/4 NL over the weeks and was doing pretty well. If you haven't played there, the players are generally loose. There aren't many players,

[/ QUOTE ]

Note this was over weeks. Just to put it in perspective, at this instance AP has 8622 players, Interpoker has 4585, Party has 55,204, and little old Truepoker has 2972. Why mention few players and rapidly learning who's who?

[ QUOTE ]

A history of play gives the site hands to compare against, to conclude no cheating has occurred. If somebody sits at a site infrequently, and has unlikely results, there is no history to see that, yes, this was just an instance of unlikely results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I pretty much do that at Pokerstars - only play if there is a bonus. It isn't the frequency of play, but, the manner of play.

If the collusion/cheating is dumb enough it only takes one incident.

grimel
06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Actually, it is in the T&C. One of the many we do what we want statements.

Not viewing you as a troll, just telling you the zoo is a tad bit rude and proactive in general.

As for the Patriot Act, it falls in with any othe time the goverment proposes to protect/aid me. I'm dubious at the minimum and expect a pure disaster as the norm.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 07:47 PM
" Default freezing of poker accounts without justification pursuant to the terms and conditions of the user agreement makes me feel protected from cheaters about as much as the Patriot Act makes me feel protected against terrorists."

You seem much brighter than many on here . . .

Templeton
06-02-2005, 07:59 PM
yep, most posts of this nature have about three things in common,
1. small site
2. new poster
3. plays NL

and as grimel also points out they don't post again.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Received reply from Absolute. Buried amongst all the padding was this statement:

" For obvious reasons I cannot discuss the particulars of the
gentleman in question's account, but rest assured he was provided with the
necessary information concerning his account, both via email and verbally by
phone."

So now it's up to Mr. Rasta to give us a definite YES or NO whether this is true.

Templeton
06-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Hmmm.......
I was under the assumption that Absolute had a policy to not to get involved in any of the online forums?

Excerpt from a Microbob post when dealing with Brent from Absolute.
"We’ve made it a company policy to stay off of the forums for a few reasons, but I don’t mind you posting our correspondence."
Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2420165&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)

Care to clarify?

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 08:17 PM
The obvious difference is that I suggested it this time.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 08:25 PM
I've discussed the T&C with my site and they have given me citations to it, but failed to give me facts to support it. That's my problem, and what seemed like was happening to others. (They can tell me if I'm wrong please, I can't read through all these posts again.)

I was trying to be diplomatic so as not to be viewed as a troll. I don't mind a little of the rough side, just figured people with a history of posts get a little lee-way.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the Patriot Act, it falls in with any othe time the goverment proposes to protect/aid me. I'm dubious at the minimum and expect a pure disaster as the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for default freezing of poker accounts, it falls in with any other time the poker site tries to protect/aid me, I'm dubious at the minimum and expect a pure disaster as the norm.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why mention few players and rapidly learning who's who?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a 2+2 newby. We all agree. However I've been reading 2+2 texts since I came to poker about 2 years ago, have a sizable 2+2 library, and over my 2 years time I have been a small cash winner. I realize the importance of playing the player, and can sit at a table and figure out everybody's style pretty quickly. I play at a site where you don't people over again too frequently, but I still find it pretty easy to keep track of them.

You may think I'm a liar and that's fine. The point is, you may not believe me, but there are people like me out there because of the excellent advice in 2+2 texts. Jah Rasta may be simmilar.

Hence, sharing this information may be a natural way of filling in the forum on the contextual history.

I'm not disagreeing with you as much as, again, I see alternatives that are not improbable. Perhaps you can explain why mentioning the number of players and general style of play on the site is suggestive of impropriety.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 08:45 PM
for the record, I play small stakes limit stud, he/nl sng's, he/nl (and the very rare limit) multi-table tourney.

and you can review my posts, i may mostly lurk, but they sure don't relate to complaining about poker sites. mostly the assinine god discussion on the psych forum, politics (back when I was pissed about spineless Kerry), and sng profits.

as if anybody cares, but i didn't want that generalized list to go uncontradicted. most things are ever so cut-and-dried.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You seem much brighter than many on here . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

no, probably just more opinionated.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 08:56 PM
sounds like its going to be up to Jah Rasta again to fill us in on whether that purported post by an AP rep. was legitimate.

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 08:59 PM
okay, so the manner of play is more suggestive of cheating/collustion. makes sense. but isn't my point still hold? That if you play infrequently in a way suggestive of cheating your going to be singled out more quickly than the frequent player who plays in a manner suggestive of cheating for a brief period?

RunDownHouse
06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tech support or customer support? AP tech support is a bunch of incompetent boobs. CS does it's best to compenstate.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was referring to CS.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 09:07 PM
The boss at AP told me in an email that he did in fact reply on the forum, so the post is legit.

2easy
06-02-2005, 09:13 PM
"... reply from Absolute...' For obvious reasons I cannot discuss the particulars of the gentleman in question's account, but rest assured he was provided with the
necessary information concerning his account, both via email and verbally by
phone.'

So now it's up to Mr. Rasta to give us a definite YES or NO whether this is true."

hmmm...the silence from "Mr. Rasta" since this has been deafening.

thequiet1
06-02-2005, 09:21 PM
It's been what, 2 hours since Rasta's last reply? Some people have lives outside the computer room....

2easy
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's been what, 2 hours since Rasta's last reply? Some people have lives outside the computer room....

[/ QUOTE ]

umm...yea...ok...whatever...i'm sure that's all it is.

p.s.(not)

MrBlueNose
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I love how when people get "screwed" by a poker room and lose $1500+, the first thing they do is sign up for a messageboard and post about it. How about calling the poker room? Or e-mailing back? Nope, I'll just give up and whine about it in a forum!

Sad.

thequiet1
06-02-2005, 09:54 PM
It's a bit hard when the company doesn't make ANY phone numbers available to the public and refuses to give sensible replies to emails.

Rasta had exhausted the means he saw available, and decided to try for help here. As a result he has found others who have been in similar situations and is closer to a resolution.

Wow, what an idiot he is for that.

beanburrito
06-02-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about calling the poker room? Or e-mailing back? Nope, I'll just give up and whine about it in a forum!

Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you fail to read his initial post? There is no phone support and he's been exchanging emails. Your post is worthless, and now so is mine.

grimel
06-02-2005, 10:31 PM
As the OP posted it, a group was busted. One person who has a way of cheating would be much harder to catch. In theory, "all" they have to do is check the daily hand histories for the same players sitting together repeatedly. Take those groups and compare won/loss. From that look at questionable tables for signs of collusion.

Doing it that way, the more hands one has played the easier it would be to get caught.

grimel
06-02-2005, 10:33 PM
that I doubt /images/graemlins/wink.gif

grimel
06-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Also, you weren't the one with the "X site ripped me off post" and you've been regisered here for some time.

grimel
06-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh, that is strange. CS usually has it together.

Stu Pidasso
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi Jah

Perhaps you can ask absolute to post the details of your infraction here for public scrutiny. You've basically said they refuse give you details and they are saying they already have. Either you or Absolute is a liar. Should be a relatively easy matter to clear up.

To be honest, I have not played Absolute for quite a while. I did try it out a year or two ago and had a very good experience. In the past I would pretty much stick to the larger sites because I thought my money was more secure there. Lately my position is changing and I want to support the smaller more player friendly sites. I have been seriously thinking about Absolute but it bothers me that may have refused to give you details on why they seized the money in your account.

Stu

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 11:06 PM
i'll be on the look out.

NateDog
06-02-2005, 11:08 PM
FWIW

I had extended (1 week) problems with my account at absolute. I emailed Gian Perroni (the poker room manager) and received a PHONE CALL from Absolute the next day. They went out of their way, stayed after hours, and made sure that I was satisfied before closing my case. My account has been in good standing ever since. I can say nothing but good things about Absolute's customer service. They have been a cut above all the other sites I have dealt with, and are on par with PokerStars.

Nate

MrBlueNose
06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about calling the poker room? Or e-mailing back? Nope, I'll just give up and whine about it in a forum!

Sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you fail to read his initial post? There is no phone support and he's been exchanging emails. Your post is worthless, and now so is mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just generalizing in regard to calling. However he had been told the reason for his being banned, and instead of e-mailing back to ask about it, he instead just hops on an internet forum and whines.

[ QUOTE ]

Rasta had exhausted the means he saw available, and decided to try for help here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd written ONE e-mail to them. ONE. Are you in his little cheating club?

giddyyup
06-02-2005, 11:13 PM
i can't disagree, but for the meriad of ways that could be covered by your assumption ("all"). i hope they are few.

i've also notice our MIA original poster. i'll fall on my sword for that... though the case is still open, and though i have experience that errors happen.

PrincipalSkinner
06-02-2005, 11:46 PM
From my point of view the important thing here is not the details of Rasta's case (although they'd certainly be interesting), but the additional leverage that this forum should give the small guy if and when the big guy is giving him the shaft and the brushoff. I see this thread as a huge success for that reason. Somehow I feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that if some site wants to steal my money with no explanation, I can come here and leverage will be applied that will pressure the site to be open and forthright. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying AP was the bad guy here, I'm saying IF they were)

beanburrito
06-03-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He'd written ONE e-mail to them. ONE. Are you in his little cheating club?

[/ QUOTE ]

There were two. But Skinner's right, this thread points out that players can have a way to protect themselves.

beanburrito
06-03-2005, 12:12 AM
You meant before posting. Sorry one email not two.

Arnfinn Madsen
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't know the reason why your account was locked but the current silence gives me a grim feeling that there was some reason (apologies if I am wrong).

I have also had my Absolute account closed due to unnormal deposit patterns. It happened during a hand where I flopped trips, so it was annoying. It was followed by some mailing and faxing of documents and everything was ok. I called them a few times and they called me a few times. I received increased credit limit, $25 for the fuzz and $15 for interrupting my hand.

So why did it happen? I deposited, won, then deposited again etc. winning between each time without any withdrawing. I agree it looks a bit suspicious and since a Costa Rican firm would be chanceless coming after me I understand they want to be sure.

Absolute wants to player friendly, player friendly for me means not having to pay rake to finance other players' fraud.

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 12:36 AM
srry i was gone to some familys house im back now and NO NOBODY CALLED ME OR EMAILED OR NOTHING ALL I HAVE IS WHAT I POSTED ON THE INTERNET. i wish i would get a phone call so i can resolve this issue.

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 12:37 AM
srry whent to some family house but im home now.

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 12:39 AM
im not whining please read the post. im just wondering if anyone else had any other problems and if they could give any advice. thanks for your support!

Arnfinn Madsen
06-03-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
srry i was gone to some familys house im back now and NO NOBODY CALLED ME OR EMAILED OR NOTHING ALL I HAVE IS WHAT I POSTED ON THE INTERNET. i wish i would get a phone call so i can resolve this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have phone numbers to them. I won't give them to you, but if you give me permission I may call them on your behalf (I will post their version if it is not some personal tragedy behind this).

bluefeet
06-03-2005, 12:44 AM
An idea suggested in the STT forum, some might want to consider....keep the bulk of your money in Neteller (or equivalent). Moving $$ into the poker sites is instant. Things DO happen - 'false' accusations, delayed withdraws, civil unrest...whatever. No need to keep your entire BR on the site.

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 12:48 AM
I sent them an email with my phone number and nobody called me back i just recieved the email from them thats it. iv posted all the emails they sent me so far.

giddyyup
06-03-2005, 01:02 AM
i'm realizing in all this my increasing my bankroll in order to play a bigger game now and then (multiple deposits without cash-outs, as was mentioned) may have triggered the drastic action taken on my account. (though there were other circumstances, and, under the T&A i think i'm entitled to evidence of actual fraud for my entire account to be frozen.)

i am interested in putting my bankroll into a better location, bluefeet, but do they not charge you roughly $10/$250 moved? I may play small games, but that still does not seem worth it to avoid a very periodic mistake on their part (though those mistakes are costly time and energy wise.)

And, again, to keep these mistakes periodic, I have to agree with Skinner. Players backing up Jah Rasta may have helped him clear up a bad situation.

bluefeet
06-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Cost $0.00 to move it from poker site to Neteller, back to poker site, back to Neteller, and so on. The only expense occurs at the time of your original deposit into Neteller (and perhaps your withdraw back to your checking account - depending on the option you use).

Depending on the site, there is usually a day or so going from the poker site back to Neteller, but on the sites I play, the deposit back into the sites is instantaneous.

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Thats fine go ahead do what u can. ill take what i can get at this point.

Arnfinn Madsen
06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
I'll call them tomorrow.

grimel
06-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Just to clarify, the "all" ment it's not quite as trivial as it sounds, but if it were ME running the show just to build good will and faith in my customers (which AP has shown it will try to do) I'd pay few thousand to have it done and pay for the hardware (it would be hardware intentsive) to do it.

As for the OP, don't worry, you're an optimist and get bad news. Me, I'm a pessimist, so when I'm wrong it's always good news.

grimel
06-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Do note he emailed the poker room manager. That email is about 2 below the support email address. And would be the first one used if I ever had $1500 locked.

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
ok, Thanks for all your help guys, I know Im new and i didnt think this was gonna work but it did. They sent this email and they also called me. I had been caught up in some scam in cali and my account was frozen. I hope this never happens again lol . I would have never posted this email if i had been a cheater and im glad some of you guys had nice replys!!!

Hi John,

First off all – please accept my apologies for the delayed resolution to the investigation on your account and for the quality of information that was provided to you by our security and fraud staff. The information that was given to you was obviously insufficient and I am committed to making sure that this doesn’t happen again. The issue should have been escalated to a person capable of explaining the situation to you in detail, but unfortunately it was handled by a trainee.

Our fraud & security team has been investigating a fraud ring from California throughout the past week that was involved in a scheme that was not cheating other players by means of collusion, but was making fraudulent deposits and losing the funds to multiple partners, who were in turn cashing out. Whenever a fraud ring is identified, all potentially associated accounts are frozen immediately. Although customers are normally notified of this – you weren’t in this case. Due to the depth of the investigation, it took longer than usual to complete the account associations and funds tracking. Today, we have concluded the investigation. Throughout the course of the investigation, your player ID was frequently associated as winning some of the funds that were fraudulently brought to our tables. Through a close examination of these hands, however, we have determined that you were not knowingly involved with the abusing parties.

We have reinstated your account and credited your entire balance back to your account. I have also credited your account with an unrestricted gift of $100 for your patience and understanding. Please feel free to use these funds in our ring games, tournaments or cash out and have a nice dinner on us. It is a completely unrestricted gift to thank you for help. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else that we can do for you.

Thank you,

Brent

Brent Beckley

Team Absolute ~ Director of Client Services

grimel
06-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Let me be the first to say good for you and sorry for being so quick to jump at you.

One small, question. Now that it is resolved, do you see why Absolute responded by freezing your account? Imagine the results if they were complacent. The various anti-online gaming groups would have a field day.

BTW, don't let this thread be your last post or I'll hunt you down on AP and break ya. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

37offsuit
06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
I was never involved with this thread, but I think that the apologies should start coming in from the swine who immediately called you a cheat rather than giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I ask that you join me in holding our collective breaths, waiting for this to happen.

Perhaps we should just start a list of names of the GUILTY...

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 02:41 PM
haha thanks !! U guys been great help!! I WILL BE BACK.LOL

Stu Pidasso
06-03-2005, 03:05 PM
NM

Stu

qsdaddy
06-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Great story... Glad they figured it out and then did the right thing. They showed some class.....

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 03:09 PM
THANK YOU STU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! GLAD TO SEE SOME KOOL PEEPS IN HERE!!!

RicktheRuler
06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but was making fraudulent deposits and losing the funds to multiple partners

[/ QUOTE ]

See sometimes they are losing on purpose.

kiddj
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure how often Absolute monitors this site, but this situation has helped me make my decision of which site to sign up with next. It shows:

1. Absolute's security seems pretty serious. I want them to freeze accounts for fraud investigations.
2. Absolute's customers/players trust the site. The fact that so many people went with the "they say you were cheating, so you must have been" shows confidence in the site, (even though this argument ended up being false).
3. The site's management resolves issues. It may have taken a bit of runaround, but it appears that they worked out the problems and compensated him relatively fairly.

I'll be clearing the PS bonus this weekend, and then I'm heading straight to the affiliate classifieds for an Absolute deal.

Synergistic Explosions
06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Excellent resolution and nice gesture on AP's part for your inconvenience.

Glad to see the right thing happen in this case.

OldYoda
06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
I followed this thread with some interest since I recently signed up at Absolute. A nice resolution, and probably not the one most people anticipated. Hats off to Jah for conducting himself as a gentleman during a difficult experience and kudos to Absolute, for sniffing out the fraud team and doing the right thing for Jah in the end. I love it when a story has a happy ending.

Arnfinn Madsen
06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
apologies if I am wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Now join me in the fight against Guantanamo when you know it feels to be presumed guilty just for hanging out with the wrong people (you could not know they were bad guys).

Oops, wrong forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

cbfair
06-03-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now join me in the fight against Guantanamo when you know it feels to be presumed guilty just for hanging out with the wrong people (you could not know they were bad guys).

Oops, wrong forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Seriously Jah, I'm glad it worked out for you and I'm glad that absolute came through with a legitimate description of the circumstances surrounding your case. Congratulations to all involved.

Now that the stress of being out $1500 has passed, can you see why the site would be unwilling to comment on an ongoing investigation?

I'm not one of the mean people who openly accused you of cheating, but I must admit I strongly considered the possibility. For that I apologize.

cbf

Jah Rasta
06-03-2005, 08:04 PM
yes. they were awsome and im thankfull this site helped me. If it werent for this site it wouldn't have been solved. brent told on the phone the only reason he looked back at my account was cause of twoplustwo.

beanburrito
06-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Nice job to Jah and to those who remained impartial. It's invaluable that this community can pull together to help straighten things out and protect each other.

grimel
06-04-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2. Absolute's customers/players trust the site. The fact that so many people went with the "they say you were cheating, so you must have been" shows confidence in the site, (even though this argument ended up being false).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the OP's posted email, AP said his account was LINKED to a fraud, WE jumped from linked to cheating.