PDA

View Full Version : A few random hands...

Mr_J
06-02-2005, 02:37 AM
These ones are biggest losses.

Party Poker (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 bets, Hero Raises, MP1 raises, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15bb

Ok it's pretty obvious what he had. When he reraised me on the turn I got that bad feeling that he had the one hand that beats mine.

Flop. Bet since there is only 1 person behind me, and I don't want anyone getting a free card.

Turn. Now a 5 is ahead. The reraise was worrying, and looking back at the stats (seemed like a good player) I'd guess he had A25x. Not sure if I had anything on him by this hand though.

River. Well. I hit my hand. I get blinded by that 3 and forget about that feeling in my gut that says I'm beat. When he reraises me I type nh and prepare to be shown the pair of 5s. Can't laydown quads so I call, but it doesn't really matter.

I'm not sure if I had stats/reads on him or not at the stage (this hand was maybe a week ago). Without any reads, I don't think I can get away from this hand. My question after reading this hand is, can I get away from this if he is a good player?

A good player would have A2 with a 5 or flush draw on the turn. If he has the 5 I will almost always be quartered at best. If he has the flush draw, I will usually scoop or 3/4. I didn't give him credit as it was HU, and I wasn't putting much effort into my game then. What would your action vs a good player be? Call the turn then check call the river (assuming a blank on the river)?

Converter is screwing up...

Dealt to Hero [ K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ], Hero is in BB.
Preflop
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop [ 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn [ A/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Hero bets, UTG folds, CO raises, Hero calls.

River [ J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

CO shows [ Td, Ad, 6c, Jc ] a flush, ace high.

This is another hand I didn't really give any thought to.

Flop. Don't want low draws getting a free card and the flop isn't too bad so I bet. Pairs of queens prob won't win it, but I have a backdoor straight draw, 2nd nut flush draw and a K would probally get it for me. What is it, only 1 in 3 am up against the nut flush draw?

CO raise looks more like a set to me. He has seemed a bit fishy so far. Seems to chase a bit on the flop, plays too many hands, but wins more showdowns than loses.

Turn. Ace comes out. CO raise should have rid of any low draws. Gives me my straight draw. CO raises me again. It's possible he's made his straight (KJ would raise that flop, then raise here). I call him, probally thought a diamond would do it.

River comes and I get the feeling I'm behind now so check/call.

Honestly didn't really give much thought to this hand and what CO was holding. Would just like to hear other peoples ideas on any hands I post so maybe I can develop my thinking process.

Last hand, a happy hand:

Dealt to Hero [ As 6c 7c 2c ], Hero is button.

Prelflop
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop [ J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ]
BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, CO raises, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG raises, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn [ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
BB checks, UTG bets, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River [ 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
BB bets, UTG raises, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls,

Flop. Nut low and open ended straight draw. A non-suited 3 or 8 will probally get me 3/4 of the pot. If a 6 or 7 comes out, I've got the nut low and still a chance to take the high part of the pot. If the flush hits or board is paired, I can probally forget my straight, but they still might be a chance. If an ace or 2 comes without a 3, my low is ruined.

Turn. Blank. 12-13bb or so in the pot.

River. My card hits and I make the nuts both ways. Jam it baby.

chaos
06-02-2005, 08:51 AM
First Hand:
[ QUOTE ]
Ok it's pretty obvious what he had. When he reraised me on the turn I got that bad feeling that he had the one hand that beats mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
A 5 and any three cards beats your hand for high. By my calculation that is 12,341 hands, not one hand!

Ironman
06-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Chaos,

The only other 3 in the deck (even if it is party) is in our Hero's hand. He has quad 3's. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

Ironman
06-02-2005, 09:30 AM
I really don't see a lot of ways to play these differently.

Hand 1:

Grit your teeth. Type NH and move on. Pray to the poker gods that you are put in this position again with quads and a nut low draw.

Hand 2:

That CO raise at the flop worries me with this board. I understand why it looks like a set, but I don't see many raises with a set to a flush draw.

I think I check/call the turn.

Check/call the river and type NH.

Hand 3:

At first I thought you missed a raise on the turn, but the more I think about it, the more I think you played it as strongly as possible...I hope he typed "nh" to you this time.

Dave

GooperMC
06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Hand1:

Just thank god that you were playing Limit instead of PL and you didn’t lose any more. I don’t think that I would play it any differently or lose any less then you did.

Hand2:

Why are you betting that flop? I don’t think that your KK is going to be good at the end of the hand and there are too many players to try a drive bluff. Essentially you have a draw to the second nuts why are you betting?

Are you continuing the drive bluff on the turn after getting raised on the flop? The turn seems like a bad card for you. It completes a wrap str8 draw, it puts a low draw out there and it means that the likelihood of your KK being the best hand is very small. After betting out I think that you have to call the raise and pay off the river. My question is why bet out?

Hand3:

I may have raised the turn depending on what type of players are in the hand but probably not. My guess is that you will need everyone to call the raise to make it profitable and I am not sure that would happen.

Overall I like the way you played this hand.

Mr_J
06-02-2005, 12:41 PM
"A 5 and any three cards beats your hand for high."

Meant when he reraised me on the river (55).

gergery
06-02-2005, 03:33 PM
1 and 3 are fine. I don't like how you played #2.

chaos
06-03-2005, 08:14 AM
You wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
When he reraised me on the turn I got that bad feeling that he had the one hand that beats mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you meant to write "river" instead of "turn" here?
On the turn there are many hands that beat you. On the river only quad 5s beat you.

Mr_J
06-03-2005, 08:54 AM
"So you meant to write "river" instead of "turn" here?"

Yeh like I said
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ribbo
06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chaos,

The only other 3 in the deck (even if it is party) is in our Hero's hand. He has quad 3's. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

He had quad threes on the turn? That's an interesting statement.

Mr_J
06-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Come on ribbo, I know you have to have an opinion on these hands, time for some tough love /images/graemlins/wink.gif