PDA

View Full Version : 200NL Party Hand

rohjoh
06-02-2005, 02:30 AM
At the time I felt like I did not play this hand correctly, but the more I look at it, I think I played it well. I had 4 tables going so I played this hand pretty fast. Please comment.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($232.85)
SB ($206)
BB ($145)
UTG ($214)
Hero ($120)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $6</font>, SB (poster) calls $5, BB calls $4, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($24) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $15</font>, Hero calls $15, Button calls $15, SB folds.

Turn: ($69) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($69) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $45</font>, Hero calls $40, Button folds.

Final Pot: $164

CamelZoo
06-02-2005, 02:38 AM
what was your $5 bet supposed to represent into a $60 pot? who do you think is going to call you? who do you expect/want to call you? what do you think somebody who filled up will do? answer these questions to yourself. i'd then be interested to hear how you would have played the hand/river differently...

i am a new poster, and i have a feeling people are going to tell you to post in small stakes btw...

captZEEbo1
06-02-2005, 04:09 AM
Bet turn. River I think it's an easy call and original guy likely senses weakness.

BluffTHIS!
06-02-2005, 04:18 AM
You should have bet the turn when your draw hit, as checking should only be done multiway in first position when you are sure someone will bet, which unless they have a lower flush they most likely won't. In the hand as actually played, I would call as well since unless the bb raised preflop with medium or low pocket pair he is not likely to have flopped a set. What he might have is AA putting you on KTs and thinking that the river counterfeited you.

The Antagonizer
06-02-2005, 04:44 AM
dude, this hand is a horror show. Is this a joke that's over my head? Raise preflop, bet turn, bet 1/2 to 2/3 the pot on river, and don't ever flat call behind with the nuts in hopes goofball overcalls

creedofhubris
06-02-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, this hand is a horror show. Is this a joke that's over my head? Raise preflop, bet turn, bet 1/2 to 2/3 the pot on river, and don't ever flat call behind with the nuts in hopes goofball overcalls

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't have the nuts, the board is paired.

Bet the turn. Bet the river. (Real bet, not $5.)

rohjoh
06-02-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the river, no way am I getting paid off. Putting a week bet in on the river, worked perfect. Villian came over the top, and paid me off.
I did not put either player on a set, on the turn. Why would I bet the nuts on the turn, if both were drawing dead? If I bet out here, it looks like I hit my flush draw, and both fold.

AceHiStation
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
200NL is probably the highest level you'll get away with that play. I'd say you should consider mixing up your play and possibly raising on the flop to ~50. Flush hits on the turn, someone with two pair, top pair, overpair might not put you on the draw. Of course, the higher up you play, the more often you'll see these types of plays.

punter11235
06-02-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would I bet the nuts on the turn, if both were drawing dead? If I bet out here, it looks like I hit my flush draw, and both fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to bring it to you but your check looks like you hit your draw much more than betting here especially at 200NL.
At 200NL the following is almost always true (unless you play agaisnt good player) :
---player bet after 3flushcard come = they dont have a flush---
This is like checking with trips, sets or straights.. almost never fails.

Just bet the turn. If they always fold in this kind of situations you will make a fortune always bluffing 3flush on the turn and if they dont you will make decent amount from your value bets you just need to be good enough to find good frequency of bluffs/value bets against typical opponents.

Best wishes

swolfe
06-02-2005, 01:07 PM
this should be in the small stakes forum

piki
06-02-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I bet the river, no way am I getting paid off. Putting a week bet in on the river, worked perfect. Villian came over the top, and paid me off.
I did not put either player on a set, on the turn. Why would I bet the nuts on the turn, if both were drawing dead? If I bet out here, it looks like I hit my flush draw, and both fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you asking for advice if you have all this figured out already?

etizzle
06-02-2005, 05:53 PM
you played this hand quickly , not fast.