PDA

View Full Version : A great run of cards

JTG51
12-24-2002, 12:35 AM
There's so many posts about bad runs of cards, I just had an amazing run I thought I'd share.

Within one orbit around the table (10 hands) I got AA, AK twice, QQ twice, and TT. I won 5 of them and chopped the sixth when I flopped a set of Q's and the board ended up AKQJT.

I've never had a run like that, has anyone else?

Robk
12-24-2002, 02:44 AM
JTG, I was once playing in a 3 6 kill game and was dealt AA, QQ, and QQ in a row, all being kill pots. Naturally I lost (and showed down) all 3 /forums/images/icons/mad.gif , and afterwards a floorman came over and asked the dealer to count the deck, and me to remove my jacket! How's that for table image?

JAA
12-24-2002, 02:47 AM
I'm still on the waitlist for a run like that!

Congratulations - JAA

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-24-2002, 12:03 PM
If you were online, there'd be 5 guys posting on the *internet gambling* forum about bots and house players. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

JTG51
12-24-2002, 12:32 PM
Actually, it was online. SHHHH don't tell anyone. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
12-24-2002, 12:54 PM
LOL. Actually, I had a good run of cards last night. In an hour I got AA once, QQ three times, and AK four times (twice suited) and I dragged one pot!

/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

beernutz
12-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Was this at Propoker by any chance? I busted out of there on my initial deposit when I was dealt AA twice and KK and AKs once in less than two full orbits and none of them held up. So it was my best run of cards combined with my worst run of luck (or whatever).

soda
12-24-2002, 07:48 PM
Flopped back to back quads once, online. My roommate was watching too. I called him over after hitting the first one. When I got the pocket pair after the first quads we both kind of looked at each other, then bam! I hit it again. Very exciting. I think I won them both.

/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

soda

Herb N.
12-24-2002, 08:09 PM
Ive been on a 30yr.lucky streak! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif All kidding aside Mary ,Toms sister delt me 12 winning hands in her down {of 15} ..[15/30 stud] at the Mirage a couple of years ago.This took half my roll of[tokes] nickles.Merry Christmas to Mary & Mark Greorich! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hotchile
12-24-2002, 09:24 PM
In a tournament. In one orbit. AA, good. KK good. Ak good unimproved. AQs good, KK good, QQ good, QQ good. A5d straight flush. Ak, good again. In this run I busted 5 players and had 40% of all tourney chips with 19 players left in the tourney. Oh to have been playing 20-40 at the time.

I have never seen anything like it since. Don't imagine I will.

Larry

JTG51
12-25-2002, 08:12 PM
Nope, mine was at Paradise.

Sounds like you were playing a bit too high for your bankroll if you busted your deposit in less than two orbits.

C. Eastwood
12-27-2002, 10:48 AM
I once got AA under the gun three orbits in a row and lost each hand. It wasn't a great run, but I still couldn't believe it when I got those aces the third time. I was scared to look the next time I was under the gun.

Adnirol
12-27-2002, 01:08 PM
I was playing 1/2 at party on Xmas day and won 60 Big Bets in 30 minutes! Every pair I got flopped a set and I got 3 or 4 way action. I flopped the nut straight in the BB with KTo and it held up and got a free turn card in the BB with 5/7o, caught a 4 for a gut-buster and it was capped to me on the turn and river by a player who checked a flopped set of threes. Most amazing run I have experienced even if it was just a 1/2 game.

Adnorol

PokerPrince
12-29-2002, 09:13 AM
I had AK fourteen times in a three hour period one session. I lost with every one of them but who cares? I got em' fourteen times!!!!

PokerPrince