PDA

View Full Version : What to do with KK when reraised pot preflop?

KyleH186
06-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Earlier in a PL 2000 game i had KK, i had been running hot. I make it 60 to go from MP. 2 callers, the CO and the Button. then the SB makes it 250 to go. I know the SB is a solid player, so AA immediately runs through my mind. I flat call. (Probably a mistake.)

Flop is QJ4, now at this point i know I am beatng nothing. He bets 450, i put him in for 1500 more (even tho I knew i was beating nothing).

Now i played this hand completely wrong and I knew it from the start. My post-flop play was horrid, and my pre-flop play was questionable. However my question is, should i have 3-bet my KK against a solid reraiser?

etizzle
06-02-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
should i have 3-bet my KK against a solid reraiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he will fold QQ and prob smoothcall the aces. Just fold the flop.

Dr. Strangelove
06-02-2005, 01:24 AM
What a glorious flop to get when you are up against AA with KK. Almost as good as K 7 2.

JKratzer
06-02-2005, 01:44 AM
I don't like just calling, so reraise pf and fold if comes over the top.

etizzle
06-02-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like just calling

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably not a very good reason to reraise.

CamelZoo
06-02-2005, 02:32 AM
evan tindalian?

i like your line, and i pay off AA here without solid read.

Popinjay
06-02-2005, 02:38 AM
What was your Shania?

etizzle
06-02-2005, 03:52 AM
yes, who are you, and dont pay it off

lol

i'm totally lost.

The Antagonizer
06-02-2005, 05:03 AM
call preflop and fold turn. Also, a flush beats a straight.

KyleH186
06-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Villain insta called with his top set of QQ.

Interesting to note villain was a 2+2er. I feel as though I got scared/greedy at the same time. AA loomed in the back of my mind so I didn't want to reraise preflop, but I also didn't want to make QQ fold. I do know that I should have folded the flop cuz my read was QQ AA or AK, and I only had one of those hands beat, and that was the hand I felt he was least likely to have of the two.

BluffTHIS!
06-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Solid players would most of the time make that preflop reraise holding QQ or AKs as well as AA or the other KK. I push everytime preflop here to all but the very tightest players.

etizzle
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
so you're going to push all in preflop, and hope he calls with
QQ?

When you reraise all-in he will only call with the aces.

ImJWish
06-02-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
evan tindalian?

i like your line, and i pay off AA here without solid read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, are you both tennis players?

KyleH186
06-02-2005, 12:29 PM
The villain was ZeeJustin, if that changes anything. First time I have played with him, but I have seen him post here often.

BluffTHIS!
06-02-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so you're going to push all in preflop, and hope he calls with
QQ?

When you reraise all-in he will only call with the aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

And thus you get AK, the other KK and QQ to fold and still drag a nice pot when he doesn't have aces, which he doesn't have to have.

BluffTHIS!
06-02-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The villain was ZeeJustin, if that changes anything. First time I have played with him, but I have seen him post here often.

[/ QUOTE ]

PUSH!!!!!!!!!!! (not being sarcastic/joking)

KyleH186
06-02-2005, 01:38 PM
In retrospect I regret not pushing but I can't help thinking that I am viewing this from a results oriented perspective. This is actually a great situation for me, a hand I have dominated has taken the lead. Wouldn't it be +EV for me to let him bet a ragged flop and take down a bigger pot than to push queens out preflop?

piki
06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
This is really what it comes down to. I dont mind losing KK to AA on occasion. If you think about it, there are really only 4 types of hands players will go deep all in preflop. You will most likely only lose to 1 of them.

BobboFitos
06-02-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is really what it comes down to. I dont mind losing KK to AA on occasion. If you think about it, there are really only 4 types of hands players will go deep all in preflop. You will most likely only lose to 1 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my world there are only 2 hands people will go all in pf with, (having significant stacks behind them) and last time i checked AA>KK.

But I agree, on another level, I just cant fold KK pf.

piki
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my world there are only 2 hands people will go all in pf with, (having significant stacks behind them) and last time i checked AA>KK.

But I agree, on another level, I just cant fold KK pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
You havnt raised someone all in preflop with AKs or QQ? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BobboFitos
06-02-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You havnt raised someone all in preflop with AKs or QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been times I have, but typically extenuating circumstances... such as a short stack moving in, and I want to isolate, etc etc.

I haven't pushed 100 bb + with AKs to a raise (or reraise, etc)

The times I have with QQ i've felt it was a mistake to do so

THATWACOKID
06-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Against a tight villian I like this call. If you can put him on AA-KK preflop you can easily outplay him postflop. You can push him off his aces on a lot of flops that will scare him, and you can easily get away from flops that won't be all that dangerous to him since you're behind most of the time. If the player will reraise with AA-QQ and AK a push is the better play.