PDA

View Full Version : AA, Was this a proper fold

no1super2001
06-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls $1 (All-In), Hero folds, MP1 calls.

It hurt to fold, but my flop 3 bet did little to reduce the number of players drawing. I called 1 bet on the turn, but the continued action and the texture of the board left me thinking this was the correct play.

I am in a slump, and am trying to correct a big leak going too far with marginal holdings. I saw the AA becoming marginal.

Thoughts?

UncleSalty
06-02-2005, 01:10 AM
I think you made a good fold. It's one that I can almost never convince myself to make at game speed, but I think you're drawing dead here a lot of the time.

2+2 wannabe
06-02-2005, 02:31 AM
i don't like the fold

this pot is HUGE - you have outs against 2 pair, CO could have anything, and you're folding for one BB? sure, you're behind most of the time here, but you'll only have to pay 2BB at the most to see the river (and you'll probably win more often than necessary to call the 2 more BB).

sure, the MP2 check-raise isn't very fun, but you don't have to worry about raising/re-raising on the river due to CO being all in.

this is .50/1....

Jakesta
06-02-2005, 02:32 AM
Good fold. I agree with Salty.

diebitter
06-02-2005, 05:39 AM
Looks like MP2 made his flush to me - but who knows?

There's at least 2 pairs out there though. I'd have folded too unless these 2 are proven lags, in which case I'd have bet on as cheap as possible, and check/fold if don't get 2 pair or trips. I wouldn't like a Q on the river though.

no1super2001
06-02-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the fold

this pot is HUGE - you have outs against 2 pair, CO could have anything, and you're folding for one BB? sure, you're behind most of the time here, but you'll only have to pay 2BB at the most to see the river (and you'll probably win more often than necessary to call the 2 more BB).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I have outs to draw to 2 pair or a set. But given that a different player has lead out on each street, I feel confident that I am dead at this point.

This is the first AA hand that I have folded of 51 in my PT data base. As I noted in my original post, I am working on correcting errors related to holding on to losers too long.

Thanks to all for your comments.

aK13
06-02-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I have outs to draw to 2 pair or a set. But given that a different player has lead out on each street, I feel confident that I am dead at this point.

This is the first AA hand that I have folded of 51 in my PT data base. As I noted in my original post, I am working on correcting errors related to holding on to losers too long.

Thanks to all for your comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling down with AA is almost never that incorrect...

Twitch1977
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
This is a difficult hand and you're behind a lot of the time, no doubt about it. But in a pot that big for one more BB I'm going to call and at least take a look see at the river but I'll probably be ready to let it hit the muck there.

As other posters mentioned if the board were to pair on the river it'd likely be worth going to showdown with this hand especially if it's only one bet on the river. You'll be behind a lot of the time but I think you can pull this pot out of the fire often enough to at least make calling one more bet on the turn profitable. Even with this scary board.

I believe Ed Miller said something to the effect of; 'if you call one more bet and lose the pot all you lose is that one extra bet, but if you fold a hand that would have won you've cost yourself the entire pot.'

T