PDA

View Full Version : A6o Bubble call 200/400 (Party $55)

Meatmaw
06-02-2005, 12:50 AM
I think I seriously botched this by calling, and the SGA seems to agree. Any thoughts to the contrary?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4071)
SB (t2560)
Hero (t1659)
UTG (t1710)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t2560 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1259 (All-In).

citanul
06-02-2005, 12:56 AM
well, what range do you think he's capable of pushing here?

and how easy has it been for you to steal?

if he's pushing any two, it's +ev according to the powertools to call, though there might still be reasons to not call. if he's tighter than that considerably, even the powertools say it's a fold.

other things, however, enter into such a decision, and well, you deemed it unneccessary to share any of those with us.

at some point, you have to learn to take more into account than just the stacks, your cards, and what the action is to you.

citanul

DasLeben
06-02-2005, 01:00 AM
If SB is a good player (and thus, should be pushing any two), I call. Otherwise, it's impossible to answer this question without reads, as citanul said.

curtains
06-02-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I seriously botched this by calling, and the SGA seems to agree. Any thoughts to the contrary?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4071)
SB (t2560)
Hero (t1659)
UTG (t1710)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t2560 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1259 (All-In).

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never fold this in a million years, screw reads.

(I ran it on eastbay's program and it's closer than I thought against bad players. However if the SB is folding a hand like J5o here, they are playing terrible terrible poker. Meanwhile to fold against someone who is playing that hand, is to play terrible.)

One thing everyone will notice is that I try to avoid making reads late in the tournament because honestly, it's sometimes very hard to judge whether or not someone plays well on the bubble based on earlier play. I know that the theoretically correct play against a perfect playing opponent is to call here, and it's not at all close, thus I will call.