PDA

View Full Version : 34o push or fold with 4BB (Party $55)

Meatmaw
06-02-2005, 12:43 AM
If BB had a larger stack, I'm thinking this would be a push, but given he is short, would it be safe to say that this is a fold (considering he'd likely call any two)?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t2897)
CO (t2810)
Hero (t1109)
SB (t1155)
BB (t720)
UTG (t1309)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero....

Final Pot: t450

chisness
06-02-2005, 12:49 AM
I agree with folding.

beeyjay
06-02-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
would it be safe to say that this is a fold (considering he'd likely call any two)?

[/ QUOTE ] yes

MrX
06-02-2005, 01:09 AM
easy fold.

citanul
06-02-2005, 01:17 AM
a) it's a fold.

b) i'm having trouble understanding the point of this post. you gave us parameters of "the guy in the bb will call with any two, and you have 34o" then asked if we would push. what do you want besides something like icm run for you? this hand stinks, and you're saying that you're definitely seeing 5 cards with it. why on earth would you have any reason to do anything besides push?

c) if he had more chips, i'd be fairly likely to push on the button, but again, it depends on things i've noticed about him and the other blind. this is your nth hand post of the night and like none of them have had any information about the opponents.

citanul

curtains
06-02-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a) it's a fold.

b) i'm having trouble understanding the point of this post. you gave us parameters of "the guy in the bb will call with any two, and you have 34o" then asked if we would push. what do you want besides something like icm run for you? this hand stinks, and you're saying that you're definitely seeing 5 cards with it. why on earth would you have any reason to do anything besides push?

c) if he had more chips, i'd be fairly likely to push on the button, but again, it depends on things i've noticed about him and the other blind. this is your nth hand post of the night and like none of them have had any information about the opponents.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

One minor note: In some cases it's best to know the correct thing to do without having any information on your opponents. Meaning what would you do if you were playing against a perfect poker playing robot, or if you were playing against yourself. Once you believe you know the answer to this, then it's best to try to use that information against what you know about your opponent and play accordingly.