PDA

View Full Version : I give you 10 songs I like, you give me some more I might

[censored]
06-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm getting ready for an 8 hour flight and I would like to download some more music to listen to. I picked 10 songs from current play list that I like. Please give some recommendations of what you think I might like. I don't generally keep with new stuff so I don't know what to look for.

The Way I am - Eminem
99 Problems - Jay Z
Pretty Girl - Sugar Cult
Caifornia Love - 2Pac/Dr.Dre
Real Motha [censored] G's - Eazy E
Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
Beautiful People -Mariyln Manson
Mr.Brightside - The Killers
Come out and Play - Offspring
Freak on a leash - Korn.

thanks

shant
06-02-2005, 12:33 AM
This may be a stretch, but I can see you like hip hop, and some rock and 80's style influenced stuff. I have a couple long mixes from a DJ I like that is great for a flight, because it's basically 40-60 minutes of continuous music.

He mixes Jay-Z, souther-style hip hop, new music, and rock classics and 80's stuff altogether. You may dig it, you may not.

http://www.low-bee.com/

Scroll down and download either the February or January mix. I am currently downloading the May mix so I can't reccomend that yet.

jason_t
06-02-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting ready for an 8 hour flight and I would like to download some more music to listen to. I picked 10 songs from current play list that I like. Please give some recommendations of what you think I might like. I don't generally keep with new stuff so I don't know what to look for.

The Way I am - Eminem
99 Problems - Jay Z
Pretty Girl - Sugar Cult
Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
Freak on a leash - Korn.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

8 hour flight? You know you can probably find some little boy sex slaves closer than Amsterdam.

Music rec based on your list to avoid getting ignored: how about some Godsmack?

mason55
06-02-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm going to branch off the killers because that's what i know the best.

Fischerspooner - Emerge
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinant - Michael
The Rapture - Sister Savior
The Rapture - Out of the races and on to the tracks
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing At My House

That's just an intro. If you like those PM me. I have about 20 CD's in that genre and can make tons of recommendations.

DoubleDown
06-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk with my Heart
Nelly - Na Na Na
Coldplay - Clocks
Cassidy feat. Jay-Z - I'm a Hustla
Alien Ant Farm - Attitude
System of a Down - B.Y.O.B
ATB - Ecstasy
DJ Tiesto - Just Be
Eminem - Square Dance
Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal

zephed
06-02-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The Way I am - Eminem
99 Problems - Jay Z
Pretty Girl - Sugar Cult
Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
Freak on a leash - Korn.

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on your offspring song, you may like Bro Hymn by Pennywise. Maybe? It's a good song anyways.

Osama sucks.

mason55
06-02-2005, 12:41 AM
Actually if you want full albums, here's bands to DL. All their albums are good.

Rapture
Bloc Party
Franz Ferdinand
Fischerspooner
LCD Sountsystem
The Futureheads
Out Hud
!!!
TV on the Radio
VHS or Beta

All have the same vibe as the killers. the difference is that you haven't heard them all 800000000 times on the rdaio.

[censored]
06-02-2005, 12:49 AM
All good so far and downloading as we speak guys-thanks and keep-em coming.

Macdaddy Warsaw
06-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Just because I like arguing, I'm gonna go ahead and say that !!! and TV on the Radio sounds nothing like the Killers.

Also, I think Rapture and Fischerspooner and LCD Soundsystem are moving away from the Killers, I don't really care for Franz Ferdinand. The Futureheads and Bloc Party are closer, I guess.

Whatever, I'm just being annoying.

All the bands on that list that I've heard of ARE good (I've only not heard of VHS or Beta).

mason55
06-02-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just because I like arguing, I'm gonna go ahead and say that !!! and TV on the Radio sounds nothing like the Killers.

Also, I think Rapture and Fischerspooner and LCD Soundsystem are moving away from the Killers, I don't really care for Franz Ferdinand. The Futureheads and Bloc Party are closer, I guess.

Whatever, I'm just being annoying.

All the bands on that list that I've heard of ARE good (I've only not heard of VHS or Beta).

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that they sound like The Killers in the same way that the Sex Pistols sound like The Ramones.

If you want to start talking obscure electroclash we can do that. I'm trying give suggestions to someone who's obviously never heard of this.

If you want to continue this discussion start a new thread and I will gladly discuss it with you. I wouldn't mind some suggestions either. But I would hope you understand what I'm doing when I say they sound like The Killers.

[censored]
06-02-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Fischerspooner - Emerge

That's just an intro. If you like those PM me. I have about 20 CD's in that genre and can make tons of recommendations.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only one that was really my taste was Franz Ferdinand which I liked a lot. The others were ok, but missing something that I like I guess.

mason55
06-02-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fischerspooner - Emerge

[/ QUOTE ]

The only one that was really my taste was Franz Ferdinand which I liked a lot. The others were ok, but missing something that I like I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

No biggie. Franz Ferdinand is definitely the poppiest/most mainstream sounding of all the bands i recommended. If I had to pick one band from that list that you'd like it would have been them. The rest are more "listen to this at a hipster club" type songs.

blaze666
06-02-2005, 04:09 AM
http://jedi.stodge.org

the jedi song, this should have swept the internet by now.

Anders_G
06-02-2005, 04:35 AM
As far as hiphop goes I recommend the following albums:
* Anti-Pop Consortium - Arrythmania
Aesop Rock - Labour Days
Atmosphere - God Loves Ugly
Canibus - Rip the Jacker
Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
Chords - The Garden Around the Mansion
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary
* Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design
Q-Unique - Vengeance Is Mine
* Sage Francis - Personal Journals

Highlights are marked with a star, but they're all good.

zephed
06-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Bro Hymn Tribute by Pennywise. DL that one too. One has a more charged feel to it, not sure which one now. Tribute was recorded after one of their bandmates died, I think.

Regulate-Nate Dogg and Warren G. I think that's what it's called. That was big back in the day.

Something by Rage Against The Machine. bombtrack, killing in the name, bulls on parade, testify, guerilla radio, sleep now in the fire.

Aerosmith/Run DMC, Walk This Way.

Sublime-Same in the End. This is for your offspring song.

Joe826
06-02-2005, 05:07 AM
i /images/graemlins/heart.gif the new aesop rock as well. and that sage album is fantastic. if you haven't heard the non-prophets album you should get that too, some of sage's better stuff, i think.

radek2166
06-02-2005, 05:19 AM
1. Rainbow............man on the silver mt.
2.Humble Pie..............30 days in the hole.
3.Tupac...................still ballin
4.Xzibit..................Losing your mind
5.Lynard Skynard..........Gimme back my bullets
6.Ice cube..................... Ghetto bird

Jack of Arcades
06-02-2005, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i /images/graemlins/heart.gif the new aesop rock as well. and that sage album is fantastic. if you haven't heard the non-prophets album you should get that too, some of sage's better stuff, i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, like half of Personal Journals sucks. A Healthy Distrust is so much better.

zephed
06-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Okay, so what did you like?

partygirluk
06-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Snow Patrol - RUn

jakethebake
06-08-2005, 10:56 AM
I've only heard of one song on this list. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

tbach24
06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Too many birthdays? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif