PDA

View Full Version : Pushing semi-marginal position against a LAG

cmwck
06-01-2005, 10:35 PM
(this was posted in HUSH yesterday, but you guys are way cooler /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Villian (CO) is 53/20/2.18
Besides the standard loose/aggressive things this type of player does, he likes to mess around with paired boards. He does a lot of betting if the turn card paired the board, and twice he's bluffed raised the turn when the flop was paired.

UTG is a calling station who seems to be steaming. She's lost a bunch of money and now is insta-calling almost anything to the end.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, 1 fold, CO raises, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, CO calls.

I check-raised because a) CO will auto-bet this flop b) he probably doesn't have a pocket pair, and c) UTG will be hard-pressed to call two cold.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.

Here is where I start thinking I messed up the flop check-raise. There's still some chance he's doing his old trick of bluff raising the turn on a paired board, so I call, planning to fold the river if it's an ace, king, or maybe ten.

River: (9.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Comments appreciated on how I played this hand.

Jakesta
06-01-2005, 10:39 PM
I like it. He's probably bluffing his flush draw on the turn. Make the dumb LAG show you his hand.

Kumubou
06-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Why isn't this marked 6-max, and why isn't this using the convertor?

Given your reads (especially given the turn bluffing on a paired board), nice hand. You are probably safe; if he had a queen he would most likely have popped you right then and there -- or maybe not, but that would require meta-game considerations.

If this is an unknown or sane player, do you fold to the turn raise?

-K