PDA

View Full Version : QJs on final table

Abagadro
12-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Somewhat new to tourneys, so I hope this situation isn't just plain asinine:

I'm on the final table of a quicky limit HE B&M tourny. Pays top 3 based on chip count when only 3 people are left. There are now 7 people at the table. Blinds are 500/1000. Leader is well ahead of everyone. Seems like we are all playing for 2nd or 3rd now with the way the payout works and we are all pretty even (within 1000-1500 of each other). I have T3500 and am UTG +3. I get QJs and it is folded to me.

I raise it and get the blind to come with. I originally thought that I would likely steal the blinds or maybe get the chip leader to come at me with a marginal hand to try and knock me out. Should I have waited for a bigger hand with the blinds about to take half my stack coming around?

Flop came down 248 rainbow. Blind bets out. I feel commited at that point with only 1500 and raise all in with my over cards. Anyone fold it at this point and hope for something better before the blinds?

I hit a jack on the river (actually could have hit a straight as the turn was a 10), but lost to a flopped set of 2s.

The brush commented to me that this was "brutal" upon my leaving the table, but I'm not sure I agree with him after thinking about it.

Comments?