PDA

View Full Version : Cute suited connector hand

NYCNative
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t2435)
UTG (t2015)
MP1 (t1610)
MP2 (t1240)
Hero (t3400)
Button (t1950)
SB (t2350)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
MP1 calls t40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t140) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t140</font>, Hero calls t140, BB folds.

Turn: (t420) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, MP1 calls t200.

River: (t820) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1120

LeVoodoo
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
What are you looking for?

NYCNative
06-01-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The usual... Praise or admonishment, whatever I deserve... I usually get the latter though, but that's okay...

octaveshift
06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice laydown.

LeVoodoo
06-01-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]The usual... Praise or admonishment, whatever I deserve... I usually get the latter though, but that's okay...

[/ QUOTE ]

People tend to post hands when they are looking for advice on how to play them. If you have a question, ask. If not, don't. If you're looking for a pat on the back you are in the wrong place.

NYCNative
06-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Most of the people here seem to grasp the concept that a hand posted sans a question is an unspoken question of "How did I play this hand? How would you have played it differently?"

Possibly I can find a .JPG to a map that would help you out here?

lastchance
06-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Maybe this is a mistake, but I fold the flop.

valenzuela
06-01-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is a mistake, but I fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
of course u fold the flop!!!!, this is just another example of someone telling himself" ehhh..i have implied odds" how do i know? I do it myself as well /images/graemlins/blush.gif

NYCNative
06-02-2005, 08:47 AM
No, this is someone telling himself "I love suited connectors and I'm in position in an unraised multiway pot where they play best."

I make that call every time preflop and don't care about you weak-tight ninnies saying otherwise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif My request for comments is everything thereafter.

tigerite
06-02-2005, 08:56 AM
They're talking about the flop, not preflop

Kristian
06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
But he said [ QUOTE ]
...fold the flop

[/ QUOTE ] nothing mentioned about pre-flop.
Anyway I think I also fold on this flop, since there is hardly any money in the pot, and you need a lot of help before you have a great hand (gutshot or runner-runner, fear of spades included).

NYCNative
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I can't read correctly at this early... Okay, I can see that. I almost did but I was hoping villain had two overs. In that case, a raise is in order but I also didn't want to invest a bunch more chips if I was mistaken so I wanted to see if I could hit my gutshot or trips, either of which I thought would be a winner.

I had a lot of chips and wanted to gambool a little bit thinking that if I didn't get the help I needed I could get out in good shape still and if I did, I could take down a nice pot.

pergesu
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
This isn't quite the circumstances you're looking for. Yeah they play well in volume pots, but you got one limper, so that's not volume. You have position...but with three people yet to act behind you for now. I wouldn't call these favorable conditions to play your 7-high hand.

Flop call is atrocious, in my opinion. You played this to hit big. You didn't hit big, you hit small. But called a big bet with a very small piece.

The only reason I'd bet the turn here is as a blocking bet, so I can check behind on the river if I don't fill up. Hopefully lets me get to showdown on my own price, rather than whatever my opponent deems to be good.

NYCNative
06-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Lesson learned: When suited connectors don't flop either a monster or are one non-gutshot card from a monster (not runner-runner either) abandon all hope.

kyro
06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a lot of chips and wanted to gambool a little bit thinking that if I didn't get the help I needed I could get out in good shape still and if I did, I could take down a nice pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you knowingly made a bad call for the sole purpose of "gambooling" and then posted it here for advice. My head hurts.

AbelM
06-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I think the preflop call is fine, especially with the stacks UB has.

Middle pair and a gutshot is not really the kind of hand you want to be calling with. If you have a good read on MP1 you might consider getting agressive with it. If he just has top pair, he will have a hard time on the turn no matter what comes.

A fold is fine too.

RobGW
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
The PF call is ok because implied odds rule in NL. You don't need 5 limpers. All you need is one monkey to pay you off when you hit a big hand. So question 1: Is MP1 or the blinds a monkey? If so then I can see calling this to see a flop. However, on the flop you are in a dubious spot. I'd personally fold here. You said you called because he might have overs and you thought you might have the best hand but if not you may hit a st8 or trips to win a big hand. Well if he just has overs you are not likely to win a big hand. If he misses the turn he'll probably check fold. If he hits the turn you are the one whos behind. If you hit your str8 and he hits a flush you will be losing a lot here. I see a lot of downside and not much upside here although this time it worked out for you. The turn and river look fine though once you hit 2 pair as I don't see him having anything better.

The once and future king
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls t140

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooooooooooooo.