PDA

View Full Version : 49ers training video

BWebb
06-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Don't know if any of you saw this, but it's a big story in SF.

Story (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/01/niners01.DTL)

Video (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/06/01/MNdisclaimer01.DTL)

Alobar
06-01-2005, 08:54 PM
cliff notes version?

BWebb
06-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Video was PR training for the team. It had the head of PR for the team acting as the mayor of the city. Some lesbians getting married and making out topless (blurred out), racial stereotypes of Asians, topless chics at the end. Dude got fired.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
It was about as offensive any HBO comedic special. Looks like people just wanted a reason to get up in arms about something. It occurs to me that the public relations director would have a hard time getting the players to pay attention to this normally, so he attempted to splice together his message with some off color humor. I think it is lame that he was fired because public outrage when this was clearly not intended for public consumption. But that is the over senstive busy-body world we live in today. Sucks.

Alobar
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Video was PR training for the team. It had the head of PR for the team acting as the mayor of the city. Some lesbians getting married and making out topless (blurred out), racial stereotypes of Asians, topless chics at the end. Dude got fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, cool, thanks. I think ill have to ceck it out then /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mason55
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
The problem is that if the video was being shown in the organization then it's creating a hostile workplace. I'm sure there has to be and asian or a lesbian working in the front office. Maybe they weren't meant to see the video directly but you cant use that as a training video in any sort of decent sized organization. Even if it's just that word gets around to someone who's offended, the whole organization can be sued for racial/sexual discrimination. You just can't keep someone around after they make that kind of video, especially once it becomes public knowledge.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Can someone please post this again today? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif