PDA

View Full Version : The movie "saw"

AZK
06-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Made se7en look like a nice picnic on a warm summer day. What did everyone think of this movie?

[censored]
06-01-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Made se7en look like a nice picnic on a warm summer day. What did everyone think of this movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it made Se7en look like the masterpiece that it truly was.

Alobar
06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

isnt this movie a little old for discussion? Also there are a couple threads about it from when it first came out.

Basically, if you can get past the incredibly horrible (understatement) acting, its a very good movie for its genre

AZK
06-01-2005, 08:48 PM
I agree se7en was incredibly well done. But the murders in this movie were just so much more graphic/killer was so much more "out there", no?

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Worst. Ending. Ever.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree se7en was incredibly well done. But the murders in this movie were just so much more graphic/killer was so much more "out there", no?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm saying no. It wasn't bad but I did not score Saw high enough to warrant a DVD purchase.

AZK
06-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Yeah I just saw it a week ago, I'm behind the times. A friend raved about it and said it blows se7en away, I told him he was retarded, so I just wanted to hear what everyone thought. I think se7en was a better movie all in all, but the 'saw' was a lot more "brilliant" in terms of the writers thinking of a creative way of doing the exact same thing as se7en.

AZK
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst. Ending. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? I think that's what made it so incredible?

Alobar
06-01-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its comparing apples to oranges in my book. The killer in saw is just a twisted [censored] with alot of creativity. The killer in se7en is a genius (understatment).

Se7en is also a movie thats on a waaaay higher level, and im not talking about just production value.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 08:54 PM
That ending was garbage. He laid there, perfectly still, for hours and hours and nobody noticed? That was crap. That Zeke fool could've shot him while he was on the ground, btw, just another crap part of the movie.

[ QUOTE ]
Se7en is also a movie thats on a waaaay higher level, and im not talking about just production value.

[/ QUOTE ]

AZK
06-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm trying to remember what he blackmailed zeke with, but I'm sure it was something where it would happen even if he was killed so zeke couldn't just kill him, no?

mason55
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
Ridiculously bad acting.

a500lbgorilla
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even try it. I liked Saw a lot but it can not touch se7en.

a500lbgorilla
06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That ending was garbage. He laid there, perfectly still, for hours and hours and nobody noticed? That was crap. That Zeke fool could've shot him while he was on the ground, btw, just another crap part of the movie.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying there is no possible way a psychopath, bent on torturing people to make them understand how good thier lives are, could lay motionless on the ground for a couple of hours?

There's no reason not to love the ending.

West
06-01-2005, 09:21 PM
"Brilliant" isn't really the word I would use to describe one movie trying to copy another, especially when the copy didn't make sense - and the Saw writers were trying so hard to make another se7en, they might as well have called it "ei8ht".

Danny Glover and Cary Elwes must have needed work is all I can say.

But yeah, I guess it was creative. And disgusting. I really don't need to see movies like that anymore if they're not going to be really good, but I got suckered into watching it by a friend.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
isnt this movie a little old for discussion? Also there were like a dozen threads about it from when it first came out, and several more since then.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
HaHaHaHaHa... I'm hoping this was a joke. The plot was ridiculous, not to mention easy to figure out. And these guys shou;d have escaped in like the first 10 minutes. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ulysses
06-01-2005, 09:34 PM
It is a really bad movie.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying there is no possible way a psychopath, bent on torturing people to make them understand how good thier lives are, could lay motionless on the ground for a couple of hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Are we forgetting that to live you must breathe? And when you breathe your chest moves up and down? And the body of a "dead" man, who's 2 feet away from 2 living people, should be moving up and down? And nobody notices? That's just horrible. This movie sucked.

Awesome concept. Executed poorly.

mason55
06-01-2005, 09:41 PM
It's very easy to breathe without your chest moving noticibly, especially when covered in blood and wearing loose fitting clothes like he was.

Voltron87
06-01-2005, 09:43 PM
i havent seen seven, should i?

[censored]
06-01-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i havent seen seven, should i?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, I thought you were a guy?

If by some chance you actually are then yes you should like right now.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's very easy to breathe without your chest moving noticibly, especially when covered in blood and wearing loose fitting clothes like he was.

[/ QUOTE ]

For hours? I don't think it is. And since when does being covered in blood disguise the movement of your chest? And since when did he have loose fitting clothes? I remember him having a tight T Shirt and normal pants. Even so, I don't care. That's not why the ending sucked. The ending sucked because it sucked.

drexah
06-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Um, se7en was MUCH, MUCH more gorey/brutal. Are you kidding? se7en was also a MUCH better movie, however saw was entertaining, the acting pretty much sucked, but was fun to watch. Btw, anyone see Ichi the Killer? about to watch that in a few mins.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For hours? I don't think it is. And since when does being covered in blood disguise the movement of your chest? And since when did he have loose fitting clothes? I remember him having a tight T Shirt and normal pants. Even so, I don't care. That's not why the ending sucked. The ending sucked because it sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

The movie suffered from an all too common ailment in today's Hollywood. The multiple twist ending. A few years ago every movie had to have a twist or shock /images/graemlins/shocked.gif ending that "you never saw coming OMG!" but that wasn't good enough. No. Now movies must contain multiple twist and shock ending that are so totally cool and shocking and "OMG I didn't see that coming." Yawn.

Voltron87
what does being a guy have to do with it?

i am a male.

i will rent it soon.

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
what does being a guy have to do with it?

i am a male.

i will rent it soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just giving you a hard time dude. It's a good movie go see it.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Se7en is on a whole different level. Saw is just a random gore flick. Not much character development. Se7en got you attached to the characters. You felt horrible for Mills and the wife. The ending was superb.

bernie
06-01-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
HaHaHaHaHa... I'm hoping this was a joke. The plot was ridiculous, not to mention easy to figure out. And these guys shou;d have escaped in like the first 10 minutes. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How would they have escaped?

b

bernie
06-01-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For hours? I don't think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is possible. Snipers can do this for great long periods of time.

b

bernie
06-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I liked it.

But then, I really don't get the hoopla around Nap. Dynamite either. Still trying to get those 90 mins back in my life.

b

henrikrh
06-01-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Are we forgetting that to live you must breathe? And when you breathe your chest moves up and down? And the body of a "dead" man, who's 2 feet away from 2 living people, should be moving up and down? And nobody notices? That's just horrible. This movie sucked.

Awesome concept. Executed poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scared straight, kiddnapped, your ankle chained to a [censored] pipe in a dingy room, with no way out. I don't think you are going to notice the slight movement of what you assume to be a dead man. Controlled breathing can limit chest movement anyways, it seems like such a small complaint.

IMO Saw was good, nice premise and some very good scenes and ideas. However se7en was amazing, amoung the best movies ever made, top 25 or so.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is possible. Snipers can do this for great long periods of time.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no. Snipers don't sit as clear as day 2 ft away from the enemy. They remain hidden with camouflage, bushes and shrubs, and completely blend in with their surroundings. The majority of their missions are safe in the distance to take their shots. Completely different.

[ QUOTE ]
Scared straight, kiddnapped, your ankle chained to a [censored] pipe in a dingy room, with no way out. I don't think you are going to notice the slight movement of what you assume to be a dead man. Controlled breathing can limit chest movement anyways, it seems like such a small complaint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it's easy to notice, I'm saying the ending sucked.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. Snipers don't sit as clear as day 2 ft away from the enemy. They remain hidden with camouflage, bushes and shrubs, and completely blend in with their surroundings. The majority of their missions are safe in the distance to take their shots. Completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be [censored] amazed at what snipers can do. I remember an exercise where about 60 of us were sitting in the bleachers right on the 50 yard line of a slightly overgrown football field. By "slightly" I mean the grass was like 6 inches tall. This sniper i knew was standing in the endzone. Anyway right there in plain sight of us he lay down and disappeared. Like 30 minutes later he stood up at the pther end of the field. It was [censored] scary. Not one of us ever saw him.

Dr. Strangelove
06-01-2005, 10:26 PM
The only difference between se7en and saw is that saw is a piece of [censored] while se7en is one of the greatest films ever made.

Eihli
06-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I've seen Ichi. Don't know what to make of it though.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Yeah, like I said, they're disguised into their surroundings. Not laying in front of you, perfectly visible.

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, like I said, they're disguised into their surroundings. Not laying in front of you, perfectly visible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but those guys practice sitting w/o moving for literally days. the [censored] themselves, piss themselves...no movement at all.

mason55
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but those guys practice sitting w/o moving for literally days. the [censored] themselves, piss themselves...no movement at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Skeme, you are wrong. It is not that difficult to control your diaphragm so that your chest doesn't move when you breathe. Snipers are one example. Try it yourself.

PS - not THAT diaphram, leave that in your vagina.

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 11:22 PM
No, I am not. I didn't say it was impossible. I said it's rediculous to think this killer just sat there for hours on end without moving. That's such a horrible ending. That's what it hinges on. THE KILLER WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIIME AHAHHHH.

My point is that the movie sucked. Not that his feat is impossible, just highly improbable and stupid.

mason55
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I am not. I didn't say it was impossible. I said it's rediculous to think this killer just sat there for hours on end without moving. That's such a horrible ending. That's what it hinges on. THE KILLER WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIIME AHAHHHH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I thought it was a bad movie. But I thought there were a lot of other parts of the movie that played well that the fact that he was there added to the movie.

Now if you want to talk about the acting....

-Skeme-
06-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I didn't really notice how bad the acting was.

Alobar
06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really notice how bad the acting was.

[/ QUOTE ]

how could you not? Not only was it horrible noticable, it was horrible noticable from well known actors.

ethan
06-02-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only difference between se7en and saw is that saw is a piece of [censored] while se7en is one of the greatest films ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]
Saw was so bad I found it difficult to watch without laughing. If the acting'd been somewhat less godawful, maybe the movie would have been ok.

bernie
06-02-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. Snipers don't sit as clear as day 2 ft away from the enemy

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked if they can breathe without their noticeably chest moving for hours. Yes, they can. Don't change the question.

[ QUOTE ]
They remain hidden with camouflage, bushes and shrubs, and completely blend in with their surroundings.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy was camo'd as a dead person in a room where the principles could easily assume he was killed in given their predicament. Some snipers/assassins do go within 2 feet of their enemy, in plain clothes, blended in with their surroundings in the open.

b

bernie
06-02-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of them are visible. You wouldn't know they are a sniper unless they told you.

b

Tron
06-03-2005, 05:05 AM
I actually rented this movie tonight because of this post...

I thought Saw was pretty interesting, but it doesn't have anything on Se7en. None of the scenarios came anywhere close to Sloth, and I doubt anything will. I also never never had the feeling of absolute disgust in my stomach during Saw that I did during the Lust scene. Uhm... Yeah, Saw was okay, but it definitely showed how brilliant Se7en really was.