PDA

View Full Version : $55 hand, overpair with 99

BDarch
06-01-2005, 05:41 PM
I wasn't too sure what to do on this hand because of the numerous limpers and unraised pot.

***** Hand History for Game 2139781245 *****
NL Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:12724808 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Wednesday, June 01, 17:11:09 EDT 2005
Table Table 12002 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: King_O_Vegas ( $1265 )
Seat 2: TheBGates ( $1095 )
Seat 3: impailer1 ( $860 )
Seat 4: highvpip ( $1025 )
Seat 5: tgaprince ( $715 )
Seat 6: ImUr_Hklbry ( $975 )
Seat 7: JEFFAKLIVE ( $745 )
Seat 8: Triplexxx7 ( $1455 )
Seat 9: TheDog_WoofW ( $890 )
Seat 10: BDarch ( $975 )
Trny:12724808 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to BDarch [ 9h 9d ]
>You have options at Table 14039 Table!.
highvpip folds.
tgaprince calls [15].
ImUr_Hklbry calls [15].
JEFFAKLIVE folds.
Triplexxx7 calls [15].
TheDog_WoofW calls [15].
BDarch calls [15].
King_O_Vegas folds.
>You have options at Table 14036 Table!.
TheBGates calls [5].
impailer1 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, 6s, 7d ]
TheBGates checks.
impailer1 checks.
tgaprince checks.
ImUr_Hklbry bets [45].
Triplexxx7 folds.
TheDog_WoofW calls [45].
BDarch ????

<font color="blue"> I didn't think I could fold right here and calling wouldn't give me any more information so I decided to raise it to 150 to better define the hand. </font>

TheBGates folds.
impailer1 folds.
tgaprince folds.
ImUr_Hklbry folds.
TheDog_WoofW calls [105].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
TheDog_WoofW checks.
BDarch bets [125].
TheDog_WoofW raises [400].

On the turn I decided I should bet but then had to fold to the check/raise, would anyone else have played this differently?

Meatmaw
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
I'd play it the same way. My question to those others who feel the same is how high a range of PP do you play it the same? Do you reraise/push with QQ-AA?

BDarch
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it the same way. My question to those others who feel the same is how high a range of PP do you play it the same? Do you reraise/push with QQ-AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably play it the same with any overpair here but with JJ-AA it would be different since I would have raised preflop and not been as scared of the trips.

Meatmaw
06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
oh yeah, i'd forgotten about PF being different for AA-QQ. I don't raise JJ PF though, in the early levels. It gets exponentially worse and worse as you move down the PPs.

gumpzilla
06-01-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

On the turn I decided I should bet but then had to fold to the check/raise, would anyone else have played this differently?

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your reason for betting? I think this is actually a pretty nice spot to check behind, and you're going to call any reasonable river bet. I think this has the benefit of extracting more from hands you beat and losing just slightly more to hands you lose to, since I doubt he's going to make a river bet much bigger than 200.

Also, the turn bet looks pretty weak. When you're making a turn bet that's smaller than your flop bet, that just comes across as very tentative, so I think if for some reason I was going to bet instead of checking behind here, I'd bet more like 200.

BDarch
06-01-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your reason for betting? I think this is actually a pretty nice spot to check behind, and you're going to call any reasonable river bet. I think this has the benefit of extracting more from hands you beat and losing just slightly more to hands you lose to, since I doubt he's going to make a river bet much bigger than 200.

Also, the turn bet looks pretty weak. When you're making a turn bet that's smaller than your flop bet, that just comes across as very tentative, so I think if for some reason I was going to bet instead of checking behind here, I'd bet more like 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I like that idea a lot better now that I think about it. I didn't even realize that I had bet less on the turn than the flop, I normally avoid doing that. Looking back the turn bet is pretty bad.

Newt_Buggs
06-01-2005, 07:31 PM
After two cold calls I'de be fairly confident that I'm up against trips. It feels strange, but I also think that checking the turn is the best way to go. I might fold to a river bet though, it gets tricky there. If he leads on the river I think that its much more probable that he has trips than he is bluffing you, and most players will check or bet very weak with a 6.