PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a wager schneids and I could make?

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Schneids and I were golfing yesterday and neither of us are playing as many hands as we should and could use a little motivation. To provide motivation via a monetary wager it would have to be pretty significant(like thousands), and that's just kinda stupid.

Anyone have any good ideas for a wager/punishment?

Nate tha' Great
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
The loser has to play 10,000 hands of 50c/$1 Omaha Eights or Better.

MaxPower
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
The loser has to work a minimum wage job for a month (with no poker).

sfer
06-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Loser giving the winner a hummer should do the trick.

Emoney
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To provide motivation via a monetary wager it would have to be pretty significant(like thousands), and that's just kinda stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

a true action junkie would never say this.

klagett
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
I like nate's idea.

partygirluk
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Loser has to give me $10,000.

MEbenhoe
06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Loser has to be the winners personal assistant for a set period of time.

ChicagoTroy
06-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Chris Rock once talked about a "Tossed Salad Man."

Ogre
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
loser must change thier party name by adding 6969 on the end of it and talk in all caps (unless you already do this) for a month.

Schneids
06-01-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
loser must change thier party name by adding 6969 on the end of it and talk in all caps (unless you already do this) for a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already do talk in all caps on Party most of the time. The 6969 is just ridiculous.

Justin A
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Loser has to one table for a week.

pokerjo22
06-01-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To provide motivation via a monetary wager it would have to be pretty significant(like thousands), and that's just kinda stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* There follows a brief interruption to this thread, while I deem this post 'bragging'. Thank you. You may now continue.

Klepton
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The loser has to play 10,000 hands of 50c/$1 Omaha Eights or Better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
You should probably just assign this task to one of your servants.

luckyharr
06-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Loser has to grow a mustache for a month... if that's not embarassing at all, loser has to put highlights in hair, or bleach hair, something of that nature.

nolanfan34
06-01-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough* There follows a brief interruption to this thread, while I deem this post 'bragging'. Thank you. You may now continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, so I'm not the only one who is thinking this. (OK, El Diablo too, sort of.)

There are some funny ideas in this thread, but if neither of you fools can get motivated to play, making the kind of money that you're making right now - well, 10 years down the road when you look back and think about how many hours you didn't play, that will be punishment enough.

mmbt0ne
06-01-2005, 06:53 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome.

fsuplayer
06-01-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids and I were golfing yesterday

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, golf is a noun, and a noun only. second of all, i like gonores' idea of the loser having to caddy 18 holes for the winner.

mdeck
06-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Clearly the answer is that loser has to shave his entire body.

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 07:28 PM
By not playing enough I meant I played 21k hands in May. May included finals, graduating and moving into a new apartment. I'm still playing lots of hands, but schneids isn't and needs motivation and I could always use to play more because of exactly what you said...in 10 years I might regret it if I don't. I know this will sound babyish...but as nate tha great said...when you have more than enough money to do what you want to do...the marginal value of money goes down quite a bit and there are plenty of things that sound more 'fun' than making more money.

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loser has to grow a mustache for a month...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think schneids has hit puberty yet...that and I already have a gotee. Otherwise a great idea!

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Not fond of majorly -EV wagers like having to one-table for a week, or having to play $1/2 for 10K hands, so here goes The Bet.

The loser has to play 2/4 at Canterbury, with only a one rack buy-in, and NO DONKING. He would be released after two hours of tedium, but only if up for the night. If down, he continues playing until 1) the table breaks or 2) dawn. If he busts out, he must rebuy for 1 rack, and play until up for the session.

No reading at the table is permitted, and the loser must wear sunglasses and a baseball cap AT ALL TIMES while at the table.

Finally, said loser MUST demonstrate his status as a poker dink by buying his rack of blue the moment he is signed up on the board, waiting around near the board, and holding the rack of blue at all times.

nolanfan34
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By not playing enough I meant I played 21k hands in May. May included finals, graduating and moving into a new apartment. I'm still playing lots of hands, but schneids isn't and needs motivation and I could always use to play more because of exactly what you said...in 10 years I might regret it if I don't. I know this will sound babyish...but as nate tha great said...when you have more than enough money to do what you want to do...the marginal value of money goes down quite a bit and there are plenty of things that sound more 'fun' than making more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying. But based on what I've heard/read from others, there are some important things to consider:

- Schneids is going to try to get off a bet on a technicality if possible.
- Schneids is the 2nd laziest person alive, behind only one other 2+2er who will remain unnamed.

That being said, I do like the minimum wage job idea, if one of these ideas happens.

Also, I expect that diminishing marginal value money to be flowing freely in Vegas. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, said loser MUST demonstrate his status as a poker dink by buying his rack of blue the moment he is signed up on the board, waiting around near the board, and holding the rack of blue at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part of the bet. LOL.

pecto
06-01-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not fond of majorly -EV wagers like having to one-table for a week, or having to play $1/2 for 10K hands, so here goes The Bet.

The loser has to play 2/4 at Canterbury, with only a one rack buy-in, and NO DONKING. He would be released after two hours of tedium, but only if up for the night. If down, he continues playing until 1) the table breaks or 2) dawn. If he busts out, he must rebuy for 1 rack, and play until up for the session.

No reading at the table is permitted, and the loser must wear sunglasses and a baseball cap AT ALL TIMES while at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best so far. I'll only add a PArty poker t-shirt to the sun glasses and the cap.

partygirluk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is certainly the best answer so far.

BigBaitsim (milo)
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part of the bet. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

With proper advance notice, I'll even drop by CP to document this for all to see.

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- Schneids is going to try to get off a bet on a technicality if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

bahhahahha...OWNED.

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best so far. I'll only add a PArty poker t-shirt to the sun glasses and the cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're on to something.

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I was at CP, the floor took $140 from a player at my 8/16 for a rebuy, walked to the cage, then came back to the table with two 20s and a black chip. She bought $100 in yellow from me, and $40 from the dealer, explaining that Scheids and BK had bought in for 10 racks of yellow each, and that the cage was out of $2 chips. This makes the one rack buy-in even sweeter.

bdk3clash
06-01-2005, 08:08 PM
As usual, one need only look to pro wrestling for inspiration.

I propose a hair vs. hair match: Loser has his head shaved by winner.
http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesB/bash1.jpg

Oh yeah, I found this image via a GIS for "hair match" and couldn't not post it:

http://homepages.which.net/~james.phillips/pics2/c-gals.jpg

ds914
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Winner picks out a change of clothes consisting of nothing but Party Poker merchandise (I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to donate some points).

Loser must wear the outfit for 30 straight days -- no changing, no "sleeping" or "going-out" clothes, no washing, etc.

(and we all get to see pictures on Day 30 /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Bluffoon
06-01-2005, 09:38 PM
The loser has to say to everyone they talk to for a day or so something stupid and degrading like...

I lost to XXXXXX. He is great and I am a Loser. (make L sign on forehead)

This includes clerks colleagues... everyone. No exceptions.

Oilcan
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Must work the weekend shift, for 1 month, asking if..

"Would you like that Super-sized?"

turnipmonster
06-01-2005, 10:58 PM
brutal

illunious
06-01-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awsome! No further suggestions needed!

ClaytonN
06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

On top of this, loser must spend at least 30 minutes with aformentioned rack of blue walking around the 15/30 and higher games asking if this is the 2/4 table.

SomethingClever
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids is the 2nd laziest person alive, behind only one other 2+2er who will remain unnamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not thinking who I'm thinking, then you're wrong....

sublime
06-01-2005, 11:28 PM
To provide motivation via a monetary wager it would have to be pretty significant(like thousands)

where is astro when u need him?

i keeed i keeed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nolanfan34
06-02-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids is the 2nd laziest person alive, behind only one other 2+2er who will remain unnamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not thinking who I'm thinking, then you're wrong....

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful. But I will allow the consideration that there's a large multi-way tie for first.

jtr
06-02-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, man. I knew I shouldn't have done that at the Commerce...

Nightwish
06-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Loser must stop posting on 2+2 for a month.

Come on, you know that's the worst punishment for either of you.

Edge34
06-02-2005, 03:38 AM
Milo wins!

I just really really enjoy the possibility of watching either BK or Schneids forced to sit 2/4 at Canterbury. Only way we could make it better is make 'em play stud... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

loudog
06-02-2005, 03:59 AM
the way you makes posts to show how wealthy you are makes my stomach turn

grimel
06-02-2005, 04:06 AM
at .01/.02 or .02/.04 tables at UB. Maybe allow .05/.10 tables.

Equal
06-02-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't expect discussion about money on a poker forum? If that makes your stomach turn, you would vomit if you knew how many people on this forum are making as much if not more than BK.

geormiet
06-02-2005, 05:16 AM
This

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is by far the best idea. The only improvements I can add is the loser must wear this shirt (http://www.poker4pros.com/tshirts/01129f.html) and this hat (http://www.poker4pros.com/tshirts/texasholdemhatf.html) to make the suffering and humility complete.

stigmata
06-02-2005, 05:43 AM
I think the attire should be a "hilarous" poker t-shirt, something like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=15687&amp;item=8308009 594&amp;rd=1),

1800GAMBLER
06-02-2005, 08:52 AM
The loser can't post on 2+2 ever again.

Good luck, Schneids.

flair1239
06-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Loser has to be the "bottom" for a week.

Ulysses
06-02-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't expect discussion about money on a poker forum? If that makes your stomach turn, you would vomit if you knew how many people on this forum are making as much if not more than BK.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of money made is not the part that turns some people's stomachs.

Schneids
06-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Right, it's the way the moron worded the post. It could have accomplished the same thing saying "we're looking for a fun bet that doesn't involve money to challenge us both to play more hands, any ideas?"

bicyclekick
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm just bad at posting I guess. Bah.

To be completely fair, schneids was the one who said on the golf course it would have to be tons of money to motivate him, I was just taking that and bringing it forward. I really wasn't thinking much when I made the post and it came accross the wrong way. I'm good at doing that.

We're just looking for a fun bet, yes, that is all.

Schneids
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
To be fair I never intended to post onto any forum asking for any ideas and if for some reason I felt motivated to I'd definitely not word things like you did lmao.

bicyclekick
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair I never intended to post onto any forum asking for any ideas and if for some reason I felt motivated to I'd definitely not word things like you did lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a journalist major. I graduated with computer science. Of course you're going to word things better than I. I'm also a big moran at making posts. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Grisgra
06-02-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loser has to be the "bottom" for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea, they'd probably both play to lose. I liked Nate's (?) suggestion at the beginning . . . 10k hands of .5/1 Omaha. That'll get them going.

sfer
06-02-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I found this image via a GIS for "hair match" and couldn't not post it:

http://homepages.which.net/~james.phillips/pics2/c-gals.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't make fun of the album I cut with my brother.

Sponger15SB
06-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Loser has to teach Sponger how to play limit poker.

Justin A
06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Loser has to teach Sponger how to play limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. There'd be way too much time involved in that one.

B00T
06-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Loser must bang a 300lb fatty picked by the winners choosing at the bar.

If loser can't land fatty, winner gets to select a new one on a different night. Repeat until fatty accomplished.

If loser of hands played is not within at least 25% of the winners hands played amount, winner may also take pictures of loser and said fatty and they will be posted on the forum.

Prop bet #2..Loser must shave off their eyebrows. Thats a pretty weird 3 weeks. This is humiliating, I've lost this bet before.

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-02-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just bad at posting I guess. Bah.

To be completely fair, schneids was the one who said on the golf course it would have to be tons of money to motivate him, I was just taking that and bringing it forward. I really wasn't thinking much when I made the post and it came accross the wrong way. I'm good at doing that.

We're just looking for a fun bet, yes, that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why folks got all hot and bothered. Fact is a bet of a couple hundred bucks prolly would be no big deal to either of these guys. Why does this bother folks? BK rubbed nothing in anyone's face. People get all pissy about money and shouldn't. I make substantially less at poker than some, substantially more than others. Rather than bitch about BK's posts (that admittedly could be interpreted as bragging), they should get as good at the game these guys are and make a zillion dollars.

And quit crying.

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah, and why is this still being discussed? The parameters of the punishment have been set. Now, agree on goals, and start playing. Loser pays the bet at CP on Friday July 1 or Friday July 8 (you guys pick which).

Even better, add a 2+2 donkfest for that night once BK is done serving his penalty. Good times.

loudog
06-02-2005, 06:58 PM
you would vomit if you knew how many people on this forum are making as much if not more than BK.

actually, no. i personally know memebrs on ths board who make more money than BK from poker and poker related ventures, yet done post about it on a regular basis. its poor form, and shows the immaturity of OP. no big deal.

loudog
06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Rather than bitch about BK's posts (that admittedly could be interpreted as bragging), they should get as good at the game these guys are and make a zillion dollars.

your assuming i am not as good as BK? thats a rather large assumption to make.

again, its not the money really, its the lame attempts to make himself look 'cool'.

bicyclekick
06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
I never said anywhere in my post how much money I make. This isn't a pissing contest. There are tons of players on these boards that are much better than me at poker. Agreed. Big woop. I never claimed i was great.

Also, most 15/30 players wouldn't get any motivation out of a bet that wasn't in the thousands either. You guys are so [censored] nit picky. Relax a bit will ya.

I was just asking for bet suggestions, not waving my dick around...as much as some of you think to the contrary.

bicyclekick
06-02-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its poor form, and shows the immaturity of OP. no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, i'm immature. I'm only 22.

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-02-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rather than bitch about BK's posts (that admittedly could be interpreted as bragging), they should get as good at the game these guys are and make a zillion dollars.

your assuming i am not as good as BK? thats a rather large assumption to make.

again, its not the money really, its the lame attempts to make himself look 'cool'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying you are better or worse than BK at poker, not saying he makes more or less than you do. Why does it matter to you if he talks about how much money he makes? So what? If he makes more than you, big deal. If you make more than him, big deal. I make less. I hope one day to make more. Neither is the measure of me as a man. If I choose to discuss it here, so what?

I've never understood why it is that civilized people can't openly discuss income without people all up in arms about it.

sublime
06-02-2005, 07:17 PM
not waving my dick around

let me guess? 10 inches and thick as a coke can? hahaha

im messing with ya BK, lou sounds like a whiney old man.

bicyclekick
06-02-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently all the cool kids are also picking on bk. Gotta get a piece of that action, huh.

loudog
06-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

geormiet
06-02-2005, 07:25 PM
That shirt is obviously poking fun, so it's not quite as embarassing that a shirt that takes itself seriously.

Just the thought of sitting in 2/4 game, wearing a shirt that says "poker for pros. A little luck, a lot more skill" is painful to me.

nervous
06-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I think seeing a closet full of about 15 partypoker shirts and other type gear that the loser has to wear for a month would be the best.

geormiet
06-02-2005, 07:27 PM
Wow, that is seriously a good insult...I'm still cracking up. Well done.

Equal
06-02-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you would vomit if you knew how many people on this forum are making as much if not more than BK.

actually, no. i personally know memebrs on ths board who make more money than BK from poker and poker related ventures, yet done post about it on a regular basis. its poor form, and shows the immaturity of OP. no big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why reply then? There's plenty of posts and posters here that annoy me, but what do I do? I just move onto the next post or the next thread. Life's too short man! You could have been 8-tabling instead! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BigBaitsim (milo)
06-02-2005, 07:33 PM
One other factor: Folks with money tend to see it as just part of life. They talk about it as anyone would talk about any other topic. The statement about the wager was just factual, and I suspect there was little or no dick waving involved.

Does BK do a bit of dick-waving? Yeah, but he's a kid. They do that.

sublime
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
ohh, i dont mind. i just like giving BK a ribbing when he makes posts like this, i think its funny.

bicyclekick
06-02-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ohh, i dont mind. i just like giving BK a ribbing when he makes posts like this, i think its funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouh, looks like somebody has a crush! I'm flattered! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SomethingClever
06-02-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently all the cool kids are also picking on bk. Gotta get a piece of that action, huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, it is pretty funny how whenever you talk about anything money-related, you get a bunch of crap. I'd say you are picked on far more than you deserve.

This is a gambling forum, people! We're all here to make [censored]-tons of money. Aren't we?

Subfallen
06-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Some of us are so, sooo jealous of bike, aren't we ladies? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

People hate those who make them feel their own inferiority.

[/ QUOTE ]
- Lord Philip Dormer Stanhope Chesterfield

Punker
06-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Loser has to get in a hot tub with 4 other half naked 2+2ers and have a picture taken, to be posted ad nauseum ad infinitum on 2+2.

SA125
06-02-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should probably just assign this task to one of your servants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcastic, yet very tasteful. Knob Creek. Aged 9 years. On the rocks with a twist of lime.

callydrias
06-03-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sarcastic, yet very tasteful. Knob Creek. Aged 9 years. On the rocks with a twist of lime.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;-- /images/graemlins/cool.gif