PDA

View Full Version : New Music

baggins
12-23-2002, 05:04 AM
i had the opportunity to buy some new cd's yesterday. here's what they were, and a few suggestions:

Sigur Ros - ( ) -- its devastatingly beautiful. im kicking myself for being so broke when my friends went to the show.

Minor Threat - Discography -- basically their catalog on 1 cd. good stuff. the early hardcore from Ian McKaye (of Fugazi fame as well).

Joni Mitchell - Blue -- pure beauty. the queen of folk. i've been wanting this cd for a while. couldn't wait for a burn any longer.

Sparta - Wiretap Scars -- the guy from At The Drive- In is in this band. i'd been hearing good things, so i bought it. i dig it so far.

Black Flag - Damaged -- posthumously referred to as one of Flag's finest recorded moments (with Rollins). more old old old hardcore. these guys are credited with being the first real 'hardcore' band. good stuff.

Various Artists - Rise Above -- basically this is a compilation of a bunch of different artists teaming together with Henry Rollins to do old Black Flag songs. artists like these.scroll down the page this links to for a list of artists on this compilation. (http://www.wm3.org/framesets/newsframe.html)

anyway, ive heard some real good music lately. you all should check out Sigur Ros. wow.