PDA

View Full Version : Mayfair Poker Club

BallsDeep
06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Does anyone have pictures or a poker chip from the club? Where was it located?

nycplayer
06-01-2005, 05:12 PM
No pic or chips, but it was in the lower level of a residential high-rise just east of Madison Square park (not MSG) - 26th street I think. I only played there a couple of times, my memory of the place is not sharp. I might have one of their biz cards laying around somewhere - they were printed on the back of playing cards.

BottlesOf
06-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Playstation used Mayfair chips mixed in with their own. The chips were simple plastic, with an MC engraved in the center in gold. They really were not impressive.

NJchick
06-01-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Playstation used Mayfair chips mixed in with their own. The chips were simple plastic, with an MC engraved in the center in gold. They really were not impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect.

MC stands for Midtown Club.

seeker
06-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I would also like to get a picture, and even a chip, if possible. In fact, I would like to get a chip from any closed underground NYC or Long Island poker club. Please PM me if you have any $1 chips you might want to sell (even if from a very recently closed club). I prefer chips in better condition, but as long as they are not completely trashed, I might be interested.

seeker
06-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I would also like any information anyone can give me on the dates the Mayfair and Diamond Clubs spread poker and their locations. Thanks.

sfer
06-01-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No pic or chips, but it was in the lower level of a residential high-rise just east of Madison Square park (not MSG) - 26th street I think. I only played there a couple of times, my memory of the place is not sharp. I might have one of their biz cards laying around somewhere - they were printed on the back of playing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? There's only one building that fits that description and I can't imagine that building having a poker club inside. I heard it was near Gramercy Park.

BottlesOf
06-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I stand corrected.

turnipmonster
06-01-2005, 09:37 PM
I read it was in or right next to the gramercy hotel

seeker
06-01-2005, 09:43 PM
I read it was on 25th Street, right near Grammercy Park. If someone has a business card, this could easily be settled.

Luv2DriveTT
06-01-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I read it was in or right next to the gramercy hotel

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Ian Schrager bought the building recently.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif