PDA

View Full Version : scouting tables at Party

salloch
06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Whats the best way to scout the largest number of tables at party?

I use PT and GT+, but GT+ only shows table stats for tables you are seated at, not those you observe. So I have to play to get the stats, and I don't like to multi-table. PT has the game views, but you have to load all the players individually, yuck!

Is there anything out there that can scout even more tables?

Bonus question: what do you look for when scouting tables? (I lean heavily on the W$SD stat)

-salloch

SonOfWestwood
06-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Can't you just use the GameTime windows that are a part of Poker Tracker? What I do is bring up the Preferences dialog box in the GameTime window, select one of the players that is sitting at the table, make sure to uncheck the "include my stats" box and hit OK. The GameTime window should now load up with everyone's stats at that table.

And as far as I know, you can do this with GameTime+ as well...

jkkkk
06-01-2005, 05:01 PM
PV autoloads stats, tis far superior. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i look at avg vpip, avg pfr, avg went SD.

salloch
06-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Westwood - didn't know that would work, but i am still in love with the HUD of GameTime+.

jkkkk why do you like PV over GT? is it just for this feature, or is there more? as you know GT is free and PV costs $$.

-salloch

TheWorstPlayer
06-01-2005, 05:09 PM
You just set PT to auto-import observed hands. Then you open GT+ and just say that you are one of the people sitting at a table you are observing. Viola! It shows the stats for that table. This is easy to do now with the newest version of GT+ because you can type in the name of the player and it auto-completes instead of having to scroll through the long list of names. This way you can easily datamine 20 tables and then sit at the best.

SonOfWestwood
06-01-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PV autoloads stats, tis far superior. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It may very well be. I was just giving the OP some help based on the tools he said he had. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

salloch
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks TWP that sounds great! But how do you datamine 20 tables at once? I can only open 4 tables at a time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

-salloch

TheWorstPlayer
06-01-2005, 05:21 PM
PokerNow = 4
Empire = 4
Party = 4
EuroBet = 4
... I'm sure I'm missing one (at least).

wtfsvi
06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow. You are one smart dude that just lifted quite some work off my shoulders.

Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: How did this happen? Haha, well. This post was supposed to be a reply to twp.

jkkkk
06-01-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerNow = 4
Empire = 4
Party = 4
EuroBet = 4
... I'm sure I'm missing one (at least).

[/ QUOTE ]

interpoker

jkkkk
06-01-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

jkkkk why do you like PV over GT? is it just for this feature, or is there more? as you know GT is free and PV costs $$.

-salloch

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, nothing else really, not sure if GT has the popup feature, that is very nice indeed.

salloch
06-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Okay, I'm a total noob when it comes to skins...

Is there some trick to signing up with multiple sites? I thought if you had an account at Party, the wouldn't let you open up with another skin. Has this changed, or is there something special I need to know?

If I sign up with other skins is this a good time to look for a rakeback deal? (i don't have one now).

Really appreciate the help!

-salloch

TheWorstPlayer
06-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Check the internet forum or something. I'm sure there is tons of info on this. The short answer is: Yes, you are missing something and yes, this is a good time to set up rakeback.

jkkkk
06-01-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm a total noob when it comes to skins...

Is there some trick to signing up with multiple sites? I thought if you had an account at Party, the wouldn't let you open up with another skin. Has this changed, or is there something special I need to know?

If I sign up with other skins is this a good time to look for a rakeback deal? (i don't have one now).

Really appreciate the help!

-salloch

[/ QUOTE ]

signup on a pc that hasn't been used to sign up for any of the skins, simple.

and yes, get a rakeback deal.