PDA

View Full Version : Playing Full time

koa
06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm planning on playing full time and wanted to know what most of you use as Health Insurance. Ive heard its expensive when you are self employed any advice?

Zetack
06-01-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning on playing full time and wanted to know what most of you use as Health Insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vitamin C.

--Zetack.

Zetack
06-01-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning on playing full time and wanted to know what most of you use as Health Insurance.

[/ QUOTE ]

A seat belt.

--Zetack

Zetack
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A handgun.

--Zetack

Be sure to tip your waitresses folks. I'm here all week...

DaveduFresne
06-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't play full time if I were you....in fact if I could turn back time I wouldn't play for a living if it were me either.

I made a big mistake, poker is not all easy money and fun. Give me a $12 an hour job right now and my poker career would be over.

Half of the tables I sit at contain about five or six pros from Sweden. Sure there's one or two players there who have no clue, but on bad days not only will the other pros get their money, but the fish will suckout on you and take yours. Its very stressful to play for a living, boring, fatiguing, and frankly uninspiring.

Unless you are one of the few who has quickly progressed through the ranks and is now playing shorthanded with Prahlad Friedman for 10k or better buy ins, I would highly discourage you from doing it.

But if you are doing that well you would probably ignore my advice anyways.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide, and as are most poker players, I do not have health insurance.

We rely on good luck with both our health and the river.

x2ski
06-01-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm planning on playing full time and wanted to know what most of you use as Health Insurance. Ive heard its expensive when you are self employed any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a wife who has a job with benefits.