PDA

View Full Version : quick checkup:

bholdr
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I haven't played NL in a long time, and am just getting back into the swing of things (i played a little $10 tourney for shts and giggles sunday, won the thing, and it pulled me back into NL- forgot how much fun it is to stack people). i'm afraid i may be playing a little weak-tight, or even just plain bad... let me have it.

Stars 1/2 NL- only three players in the game

i am in the BB (have about $220) and get dealt ATo, i make it 5$ to go after three people limp, folds to the SB($400), who calls.

flop comes 7 T J rainbow

SB (who is the big stack and fairly aggressive) bets $10, i have him on a bluff and raise to $30, he calls (uh oh... JQ?)

turn is a 2, he checks, i check behind (ok probably should've bet this)

river is a K pot is about $75

he checks, i check behind (i see no reason to bet the river- if he has me beat, he'll call, if he doesn't he'll fold, right? or am i being weak-tight?)

ok here's another, same table, six players now:

i am on the button and get 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif after i call, the SB raises to 5$, and a LP player calls, i call

flop is 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, LP checks, i check (not really liking my draw here)

turn is the 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, LP checks, i bet the pot

correct?

xorbie
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm confused in hand one. Three people playing and three limpers...? In any case, the PF raise is marginal, even three handed just because ATo really sucks, and almost nobody is going fold after limping.

Flop is ok if you think he's pushing you off a missed hand. That said, I don't mind betting the turn here, because there's a chance he folds a J.

Hand two, I would do this with any two from time to time, so doing it with so much pot equity is surely ok. Bet the river if you miss and they both check to you.

jkkkk
06-01-2005, 04:54 PM
sounds good to me.

hand 1:

don't raise a10 in MP, and yes i would also check down after he had called my raise, i'm not letting him cr the river.

amoeba
06-01-2005, 04:57 PM
in hand 1 you have no idea what SB has. if he is bluffing the flop, what is he bluffing with? 89? KQ?

I think I bet the river in hand 1 for $50 and try to fold out a better hand. that K did not help him. and I think I can fold out QJ, AJ, QQ from most reasonable players.

bholdr
06-01-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused in hand one. Three people playing and three limpers...? In any case, the PF raise is marginal, even three handed just because ATo really sucks, and almost nobody is going fold after limping.

[/ QUOTE ]

typo- playing while i post- i'll get a hand history next time.

but, i thought that it was an acceptable raise given that nobody is likely limping with any kind of hand that could have me dominated, and they may call with lots of hands that i dominate. i really don't like ATo either, but i think i may be giving something up if i don't raise it. i probably should have bet the turn, because A: he may have folded a J, and B: he might have been drawing (outside chance) and i wanted to charge him. at showdown, my T was good.

as for the second hand, check it to me twice and i'm usually going to pot it regardless of what i hold, the draw was nice to have.