PDA

View Full Version : Different line against 2+2er stars $100

irishken
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I played this hand very differently then I would usually. Main reason was that villain in this hand is a well know 2+2:er so I was not sure how to adjust to that fact..
We havent played previously against each other, and I doubt he knews I browse this forum. And I personally dont play much sit n go tourneys.
Just before this hand I doubled up against some fish who called with under pair against my flush.
Anyway finally to the hand.

2+2(1500chips) blinds 15 30 opens UTG for 90. One calls and I call in mp with red QQ.
One more caller from BB.

Flop comes flop comes 357r. 2+2 bets 180 folded to me and I call, bb folds. Turn comes 8 putting two diamonds on board 2+2 checks and I go allin...

Some things can be little wrong, since I had some problems with the hand history, but this should be close.

So how is this line and generally speaking how should I adjust against 2+2 players, who are supposed to play little more basic sng strategy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jd2b2006
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Generally with QQ in MP after a raise and call, I would reraise to 270-300 here to narrow down UTG's hand. As the hand played out, the call on the flop is okay as you are most likely way ahead or way behind. On the turn, I would bet 1/2 the pot and shut down if called. Villain's line here (under bet on the flop, check on turn) is either going to be a whiffed AK (doubtful) or KK/AA. Personally, I use this line a lot when I have KK or AA to induce a bluff. This is why I like the smallish bet on the turn and not all-in, as you will get called by KK or AA. I believe all this guessing work can be avoided by reraising preflop.

As for playing against a 2+2er, you can likely assume they play basic SNG strategy, so you know they are probably not raising with less than AK here UTG since the blinds are low. Also you can assume that they will have a wide range of hands that they open-raise with around the bubble.