PDA

View Full Version : How often do you win SnG's?

Wevie
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Those of you that play SnG's, what is your win rate? First place? Second place? Third place? Fourth or worse?

sahala
06-01-2005, 04:22 PM
You can always get straight to the point and tell us your win-rate.

Freudian
06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
How often I win SnGs? Daily.

Wevie
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
My win rate? OK, I started playing online last week. I'm playing SnG's because I ENJOY it. I'm just STARTING to learn the game. I'm not currently worried about winning money.

So far, I've made 2 2nd place finishes, 3 3rd place finishes, and lost every single other tournament to the tune of $250 lost.

Do I care? Nope. Just interested in learning the game.

I'm just curious as to the success of the better players.

draw2aflush
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Just ask what is people's ITM (in the money)
Its annoying to put down your career
Lots of people here play over 30sngo's a day
My ITM is 41.4%

dfscott
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those of you that play SnG's, what is your win rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting better every week.

Freudian
06-01-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My win rate? OK, I started playing online last week. I'm playing SnG's because I ENJOY it. I'm just STARTING to learn the game. I'm not currently worried about winning money.

So far, I've made 2 2nd place finishes, 3 3rd place finishes, and lost every single other tournament to the tune of $250 lost.

Do I care? Nope. Just interested in learning the game.

I'm just curious as to the success of the better players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a lot of tournaments to find out where you really are.

As for finish distribution, ideally you want as many 1st places as possible. If you find yourself entering ITM shortstacked often, you will have too many 3rds. But the problem is how you play before getting ITM.

I also started SnG because I enjoyed them more than ring games. That certainly helps developing your game. Good luck.

Dissident
06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I have a spreadsheet based on $5 $10 and $20 SNG. breaking down percentage of ITM on all as well as a bar graph seprating avg finish of each different $ value. I pleay a lot of $5 games and ITM about 60% of the time

draw2aflush
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
congrats on your play 60% itm is among with the best in the world your on your way and wasting your time at those low stakes

citanul
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
i'll assume you're talking about the party 10 person sngs, and hopefully end the idiocy that's going on in this thread.

about 40% is a good itm at all buyins that anyone plays for money. a little higher, a little lower, all good.

the numbers are different for different structures. if youre interested in any of those other ones, re-ask your question. otherwise, my answer is pretty much all you need, and this thread is done.

side note: itm is NOT a very important stat.

citanul

wuwei
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I win SNGs every day.

I AM TEH WINNER!

er, sorry, what I meant to say was welcome to the forum. I recommend starting here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=237 5609&Forum=All_Forums&Words=faq&Searchpage=0&Limit =25&Main=2375609&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=39 79&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&ol dertype=&bodyprev=#Post2375609)

Enjoy!

sigh, another edit. It appears Freudian also wins every day. I am not the winner /images/graemlins/frown.gif

citanul
06-01-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
congrats on your play 60% itm is among with the best in the world your on your way and wasting your time at those low stakes

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to throw on, hypocritically, that you sir, are apparently a pretty worthless human being.

citanul

Unarmed
06-01-2005, 05:00 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Not this one Citanul, he's absolutely hilarious and must be kept around for comic relief. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcm4ccc
06-01-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to throw on, hypocritically, that you sir, are apparently a pretty worthless human being.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your opinion based on comments in this thread or other threads?

draw2aflush
06-01-2005, 05:07 PM
?????????????? who is that directed towards you are the loser if your talking about me
i was congratulating the player
what are you talking about