PDA

View Full Version : .50/1 NL 10 max at Prima

DaveduFresne
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Is this limit at Prima like a complete joke? I was trying to play 1/2 but my bankroll just really isn't there, and yet .25/.50 feels so small now. So in theory .50/1 should be perfect for my bankroll.

I am finding this limit to have almost no dead money though, with the possible exception of the weekends. Maybe I'm just out of my league here, but basically I think there are about five to six pros per table that are all chasing the same fish.

Anyone else play here?

DaveduFresne
06-01-2005, 04:31 PM
Can we get a few votes please?

I know some people must play sites other than party here.

Thanks,

David

iceman5
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Ive never played lower than $1/$2 at Prima.

The $1/$2 is a major league fish tank
The $2/$4 is significantly tougher (more than seems right for it to be only one level higher)
The $5/$10 is much softer than the $2/$4...strange.

DoomSlice
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Yup... .5/1 on Prima is pretty darn soft.

DaveduFresne
06-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Have you played there recently.....if so I guess the obvious conclusion is I cant play...

TheWorstPlayer
06-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Try posting some hands where you lose a lot of money or fail to win a lot of money to these sharks and let's see if we can spot some leaks.

DoomSlice
06-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I stopped playing it a few months ago in favor of Party.

DaveduFresne
06-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I appreciate your offer, however I've never been able to find hand histories on prima. Let me reconstruct one from memory which should be pretty close.

Prima NL .50/1

All fold to player to left of cutoff who has 4.99 in chips
Cutoff moves all in
AcesDJD is button with 100.00
Dealt to AcesDJD JcJd
AcesDJD raises to 10.00
BB (140.00) calls

Flop 10s 4s 6c

AcesDJD bets 20.00
BB reraises to 60.00
AcesDJD reraises 30.00 (all in)

(sorry don't remember turn or river but not really important anyways)

showdown= AcesDJD shows one pair, Jacks
BB shows three of a kind, sixes

BB wins 204.99 with three of a kind, sixes

BB I had notes on as a chaser, not the world's greatest poker player, but haven't seen him pull a lot of bluffs or overbet hands either.

I don't like my play, but am curious how other players would have played it.

I absolutely hate having a mid pair (Jacks or Queens)headsup against someone with a potential flushdraw out. I tend to overbet the hand and pot commit myself.

This hand is kind of me on a bad run and tilting, but even when I'm spot on, it is a kind of situation I have difficulties with.

Would sincerely appreciate any and all evalutation. Also if anyone recognizes my screename (AcesDJD) and knows some of my weaknesses, I would appreciate you pulling no punches in telling me what I do wrong.

Thanks a lot.

David

TheWorstPlayer
06-01-2005, 09:18 PM
OK, this is a good hand to discuss, I think. CO raises to 5. Your thought of re-raising to isolate is a good one, but you should make it at least 15, not ten. That will cut down on implied odds for small pairs. By re-raising, you are showing strength so you are going to have to make people pay to draw to their sets in exchange for the information that you provide about your hand.

Then on the flop, you bet full pot and get raised in a protected pot. Yes, he is going to win a sizeable side pot if he bluffs you out, but you have already re-raised preflop and then bet strong on the flop. I fold to this raise on the flop.

DaveduFresne
06-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah, your right mini raising was stupid. Also should have folded to the flop reraise.

Thanks for the evaluation.

David

TheWorstPlayer
06-02-2005, 04:25 PM
No problem. Keep posting hands. You can certainly beat this level.