PDA

View Full Version : Hands from the 'do i not play aggressively enough?' department

Schneids
06-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Hand One of Two
The main antagonist in this hand is none other than 2p2's Bicyclekick. I recently bitched BK out for making what I thought was an awful flop raise against me (which I 3bet only to have him luck into his turn card), if that matters, so he may think I'm crabby and/or gunning for him.

Four handed, fairly high online stakes. I raise JJ from button. SB 3 bets. SB is on tilt and BK is aware of this fact, as am I. BK caps in BB, I call.

Flop 952r
check, BK bets, I raise, fold, BK calls.

Turn 9 completes the rainbow
BK bets, I raise, BK calls.

River 8.
BK bets, I call. Can you noted high stakes players find another raise here?

Hand Two
I raise 88 utg, 3 folds and BB calls. Same table, similar cast, new opponent. This guy plays aggressively, and has PT numbers of like 32/14/1.8 though I never use them at the table. I've played a little against him and remember thinking he was nothing special but too aggressive postflop and played too many hands preflop.

Flop K86r
check, I bet, he raise, I 3bet he calls.

Turn 9 finishing the rainbow.
check, I bet, he raises, I 3 bet, he four bet, I call.

River 4
He bets, I call.

Left a bet on the table on the turn? Puke if he 6 bets?

bicyclekick
06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
FWIW I meant to 3 bet the flop in hand one. Hand got ahead of brain.

skp
06-01-2005, 04:27 PM
I am not a noted or even an unnoticed high stakes player but on hand 1, I think calling the river is fine. It would be strange for bike to play Ak or 77 that way but understandable for him to play AA,KK,QQ that way. I suppose he might play TT that way and that's about the only hand you beat.

Hand 2

I would like to go 6 or 7 bets combined turn and river. So, one more raise might be in order on turn or river.

DpR
06-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Hand 1 I is odd. The river gaybet is would annoy me because I would be sure BK had 88. I would probably call. Seems like you are ahead for sure, but if behind we are getting 3 bet and BK may fold to a raise here. Again I would call and be anxious to see BKs hand.

Hand 2 : I go one more rasie on the turn for sure. We are only behind some retarded hands like 7-10. BB could easily have you pegged in his head on AK and he is getting crazy with two pair or a set of 6's. If he makes it 6 then call down. If it is a 4 bet cap then I would raise once on the river and call the 3-bet.

geormiet
06-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I think both hands are correct.

Hand 1 - I have nothing to add.

In hand 2, everything about his play points to 75. Most pairs which would have hit sets would have 3 bet before the flop. A very aggressive player even would not give this much action with 2 pair. I think going any more bets than you did would be a mistake.

geormiet
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Also, even though 66 doesn't usually 3 bet preflop, I wouldn't give a player who is "nothing special postflop" credit for fastplaying 66 on the flop.

AceHigh
06-01-2005, 07:34 PM
Aggression level is dialed in pretty good I'd say. I might save a bet on the turn in hand 1 and put another bet in on the river in hand 2, but I think this is about right.

surfdoc
06-01-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hands from the 'do i not play aggressively enough?' department

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny when all the reponses contradict the title but I will also. Looks pretty okay to me. I really can't see BK donkbetting all 3 streets in hand 1 and subjecting himself to the reverse trifecta.

worm33
06-01-2005, 10:00 PM
hand 1 I think is perfect, i dont think bk is paying off the river raise with much u can beat, river bet obviously trying to stop a free showdown play, and when u raise again u have a big hand. 10-10 is only hand that could pay off that u beat. hand 2 no comment