PDA

View Full Version : Fire Exstinguisher

tbach24
06-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Long story short: I was sprayed by a fire exstinguisher, got all the crap out of my hair and face, but now my head and eyes and stomach hurt. Some got in my mouth and throat but I brushed my teeth and listerened.

Question: Is there anything I should do to prevent some side affect of this? Why do my head and eyes hurt? When will it stop?

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 03:45 PM
You slay me, tbach! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: I guess someone didn't like your prayer or grace or whatever?

Lazymeatball
06-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Don't you have a school nurse? And why leave out the exciting story of how one of your retard schoolmates sprayed you with a fire extinguisher?

[censored]
06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have a school nurse? And why leave out the exciting story of how one of your retard schoolmates sprayed you with a fire extinguisher?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you definently need to make this short story long.

daveymck
06-01-2005, 03:48 PM
If it wasnt a water one you may need to goto a doctor.

NiceCatch
06-01-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some got in my mouth and throat but I brushed my teeth and listerened.

[/ QUOTE ]

...because foam stuck between your teeth is such a turn-off. And what, did the foam give you bad breath or something?

NiceCatch
06-01-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Question: Is there anything I should do to prevent some side affect of this? Why do my head and eyes hurt? When will it stop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Request: Please tell us the rest of the story before you expire. Thanks.

wh1t3bread
06-01-2005, 03:50 PM
Play it safe if.

1. Find out the Make/Model/Ingredients of the Fire Extinguisher.
2. Then call Poison Control just to be sure that you won't die.
3. Beat the ever loving crap out of the dude who sprayed you.

tbach24
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Story to come later. We have a psuedo-nurse, but I doubt he knows how to handle this. My eyes feel really weird. My head hurts. Should I just flush my eyes and drink lots of water?

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Story to come later. We have a psuedo-nurse, but I doubt he knows how to handle this. My eyes feel really weird. My head hurts. Should I just flush my eyes and drink lots of water?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that pseudo-nurse? Or pedophile-nurse?

Jakesta
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Hahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha.

That is all I have to say to this post.

wh1t3bread
06-01-2005, 03:54 PM
You really might want to go see a doctor since you may have ingested it.

Link. (http://www.camd.lsu.edu/msds/f/fire_extinguisher_linac.htm)

NiceCatch
06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Have you tried googling for information? Or were you foiled by the fact that you can't spell extinguisher?

Ok I'll stop being an ass now.

tbach24
06-01-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was red and the stuff was very dusty, I found "Kidde Dry Chemical" on teh side in big letters.

[censored]
06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was red and the stuff was very dusty, I found "Kidde Dry Chemical" on teh side in big letters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god man, stop being a jackass and call poison control with fire extinguisher in hand

jakethebake
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
i really like tback. he's one of my favorite posters. and i really hope he's o.k. but i ahve to admit, i was laughing hysterically while reading this whole thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
06-01-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god man, stop being a jackass and call poison control with fire extinguisher in hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I did. She just told me to make sure my face was cleared, my eyes were flushed a lot and that my throat was cleared. Cool, I'm all set.

Now for the story, although it is very lame.

This is the last week of school so we're cleaning out the entire place. I get stuck cleaning the laundry room. The kid I'm working with I'm kinda friends with although he likes to pick on me. Anyways he finds a fire exstinguisher and is like "haha, you have to clean everything faster" as a joke (keep in mind that this kid is 310 pounds and can toss me around like a rag doll when we mess around). Anyways he sprays it and a little comes out. I am like "what the fcuk" and he's like "sorry I thought it was empty"

So we start working a little more and I go back up to get a mop bucket and when I get back he is standing there and I'm kinda in a corner so he unloads it on me for a minute while I'm screaming. I get up but and rush to get some water and can barely breath and have difficulty seeing. I flush my eyes and drink some water, take a shower, play some video games, it starts to hurt, so I post my problem on 2+2.

Good thing is, I didn't have to continue working so he had to clean up all the crap off the floor and finish everything else.

I told you it wasn't funny.

Edit- just to give you perspective on how retarded the kids at my school are, this kid is the 2nd smartest (after me) and about 20 times smarter than #3 and #4, who are about 50000 times smarter than #5 and #6 who are infinitely smarter than #7.

Edit- lol, a teacher just came in and asked me if anything was wrong (I dont like to make stuff like this public although I'm not sure how it hasn't yet) and when I said no she said "hmm, well your color is off"

OtisTheMarsupial
06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
what!? wtf? you're posting on OOT instead of googling this or calling the poison control center? OMFG, call 1-800-222-1222 right now.

Otis, your mother re-incarnate

edit:
glad you called and glad you're ok
jesus, you almost gave me a heart attack!

Eihli
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
One eight hundred two two two one two two two. One eight hundred two two two one two two two. When you think it might be poison, and you don't know what to do, call One eight hundred two two two one two two two. It's the poison control center hotline, we're the people you can trust.

tbach24
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
lol, thanks for the concern

thats not the number i called...there was a more specific one for maine

Mr. Zero
06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
I don't get posts like this. You come to OOT for medical advice?

poker-penguin
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did, and nobody suggested rectally insterting the extinguisher, or getting drunk before calling the poison hotline.

The signal to noise ratio is getting better.

M2d
06-01-2005, 04:47 PM
I googled the msds for Kidde's ABC type dry chemical (multi use) powder.
basically, call 1-800-424-9300 (chemtrek)
the powder is a mild irritant for inhalation and skin contact, but not life threatening. no chronic illnesses are listed, so you should be ok long term. if you have a respiratory illness (asthema, bronchitis, emphysema), it can be aggrivated by exposure.
basically, you'll live. you wouldn't really expect toxic materials to be included in a fire retardant mixture because that would make a bad situation (fire) worse in a real life incident (fire + toxic crap). tomorrow, when you're feeling better, take the empty extinguisher and introduce it to the other guy's nads.

Los Feliz Slim
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Time for some ideas of what to do to the ahole who sprayed you. I'm thinking there isn't much I would consider over the line. Take a crap on his clothes or something, preferably while he's still in them.

tbach24
06-01-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I told my housemaster (who is kinda a nurse too) about it and he didn't think it was a big deal. I came here for a second opinion. I didn't think to call up the poison hotline as I didn't know there was one.

jedi
06-01-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyways he sprays it and a little comes out. I am like "what the fcuk" and he's like "sorry I thought it was empty"

So we start working a little more and I go back up to get a mop bucket and when I get back he is standing there and I'm kinda in a corner so he unloads it on me for a minute while I'm screaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. Transfer schools immediately if this guy is the 2nd smartest there.

M2d
06-01-2005, 04:50 PM
MSDS (http://www.kiddeus.com/ABCExtinguisher.rsf)

tbach24
06-01-2005, 04:54 PM
<------- My location is referring to how many days before I never have to be in this place (the pic is off the deck of the school for those interested)/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
06-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Wow, thanks for doing this. I called up poison control and they basically said the same as you, but do you think I should call the company or is it not gonna do anything?

M2d
06-01-2005, 05:01 PM
it's not probably not going to help much to call poison control, but I'd make the call, document what you find out, take it to the school and report the incident to the nurse/administration. In the event that you do have long term health problems because of this, reporting it will cover your ass (five years from now in a court of law, "it did happen, I swear it did!!" is much less convincing than a dated report filed shortly after the incident occured.)

tbach24
06-01-2005, 05:12 PM
I called and the guy was basically like "well if it gets worse go to the hospital."

Not nearly as nice as the lady at poison control

meep_42
06-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I don't care how big the guy is. There should be a major ass-kicking in his future. Use surprise, use a baseball bat, whatever.

-d