PDA

View Full Version : Live game SnGs

Razorbet
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Newbie poster. My poker backround is poker for the past 12 years (mainly draw, in between), you know the types of games you played when you were in high school, etc... The past three years have been NLHE. I have played mostly live games with some sit n go experience on UB. We play at least one home game with between 5-9 guys every week, sometimes 2-3 times a week.

Anyways, my question: Most of the posts here seem to revolve around what people are playing on the internet sit n goes, can most of the content or what is suggested in this forum be applied to home games? My guess is that pot odds, push equity, and the likes shouldn't matter but I just wanted to ask.

Thanks and great forum you guys are part off.

Razor

Bigwig
06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes. But, you should know your home game guys pretty damn well by now. So that should significantly affect many 'standard' plays.

Razorbet
06-01-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes. But, you should know your home game guys pretty damn well by now. So that should significantly affect many 'standard' plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I can read them like the back of my hand. Really, it seems that within the past 6 months since I really started to get serious about playing and profiting from poker I have been doing really well with my reads on these guys. Another great thing is that only one or two of these guys has gotten any better than when we first started playing holdem. I believe that I mix up my game enough to disguise my play, but they dont.
So, yes there are times when some of the math goes out the window because of my reads and their tells, but I also want to start playing against other people to improve my game and I don't think my reads will be quite as sharp, and therefore will need the other important parts of a good poker mind.