PDA

View Full Version : AKo - newbie question?

Vira
06-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Playing 0.05/0.10 on Gaming Club.

I've seen main villain play every hand and seems to like to call all the way to the river.

Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: UTG (villain) calls, 1 fold, UTG+2 call, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB completes, Hero raises, all call except SB who folded.

Flop (4 players - 9SB) 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets, villain calls, fold, fold.

Was betting the AKo into 3 players standard here?

Turn (2 players - 5.5BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, villain calls.

River (2 players - 7.5BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks, villain bets, hero calls.

Was this play overall standard given what I knew about villain? (Assuming my lead out bet on the flop was correct.)

MrBruno
06-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I have a hard time with these hands too. PF and flop seem fine to me. I probably play the hand the same on the turn and river. Does villian call all the way with nothing, or does he usually call with some piece of the board?

Jaran
06-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. I really hate this position. You correctly raise pf oop and miss completely. A bet is fine, but I've been mixing it up; sometimes I bet, sometimes I c/c or c/r depending on who bets. Since you bet, I like the turn bet hu. The river is prolly a fold, unless your read has him calling to the river and then bluffing.

-Jaran

Buckmulligan
06-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Ask yourself what you beat on the end. I doubt he has KQ often enough to make a call profitable.

Vira
06-01-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river is prolly a fold, unless your read has him calling to the river and then bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

My read wasn't really that strong. Though I did notice if bet into, he would almost always call. If checked to, he would almost always bet.

Brice
06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
In Microlimit poker, players will play with any two cards. There is no doubt you were ahead going into the flop but it missed you. I think you have to lay it down here.

iNsChris
06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Preflop:Fine
Flop: Fine
Turn: 6 outs 7:1 I think i check call. (I know implied odds give 7.5+ if you hit/Raise)
River: CheckFold unless reads say otherwise.

Thats how i play it.

AmarilloJim1
06-01-2005, 03:44 PM
I would bet the flop as you did. Depending on my read on villian, I would bet the turn as well. It's a hard situation because if you check, you show weakness and villian will capitalize. I think this is a gray area and takes some feel of the opponent to play.

BatsShadow
06-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Posting blind:

I think I would not bet that flop. I used to autobet after a preflop raise, but for the most part I've been limiting it to 2 opponents or less for the autobet.

The call on the river was horrible I think. The guy almost definitely has something, maybe even a 6 since he was scared to raise before.

Welcome to the forums. I started at .05/.1 too. It's taken me a while (I don't play as often as some), but I've worked my way up to .5/1. Continue playing tight and agressive and you'll do well.

deception5
06-01-2005, 03:57 PM
I typically play this exactly the same way. Checking the river may induce a bluff so with no read I call this river as it's often a busted flush/straight draw or a worse ace. If you discover the villian to be a very straightforward player who will typically check behind here then you can probably start laying these down. You only need to be right about 1 time in 8 which against the player you describe "I've seen main villain play every hand and seems to like to call all the way to the river" you are probably ahead more often than that.

Jakesta
06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I like calling the river bet. If Villain was on a spade draw and he missed, he might try taking a stab at it here.

deception5
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Given these two statements:

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen main villain play every hand and seems to like to call all the way to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
My read wasn't really that strong. Though I did notice if bet into, he would almost always call. If checked to, he would almost always bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I change my position to calling here pretty much every time.